The war

My No.1 Stalker

I already packed my things. I’m moving to my new house. I bought it because it is near Hwara’s house. Yoona already knew that I’m leaving but she doesn’t know where. That’s great. But still, I have to be careful. I don’t want her to know where I am.

I knocked on the door. I can’t believe I’m doing this. After a few seconds, he told me to come in. So I turned the knob and entered his office. He looked surprised and then he smiled. President Kim Heechul. Tch. He doesn’t fit for that position.

“What’s up, Donghae?” Heechul asked.

“I’m here to talk about Hwara,” I answered.

He nodded. “I know. Have a seat.”

I sat on the chair. “I’m not going to make this long so I’ll just go straight to the point… Leave Hwara alone.”

He titled his head 30° to the right. “Donghae, you know my answer to that one… I won’t give up on her.”

“There’s no way she’s going to like you.”

“I don’t care. I’ll still try, no matter how long it will take for her to like me. I know you’re her first love but that doesn’t matter, anyways. I’m not afraid to compete against you. I’m Kim Heechul, remember that.”

I smiled. “Jinjja?” then I sighed and crossed my arms across my chest. “It looks like you’re really going to compete against me… Do you really think you can beat me?”

“I won’t dare if I can’t.”

“Tell me. Why do you think Hwara will choose you?”

He smiled. “Do I really have to answer that? Isn’t it obvious? Or are you blind not to see that I’m better than you?”

“You’re better than me?” I smiled. “You’re a good joker, Kim Heechul. Look. There’s no reason for you to say that you’re better than me. We’re complete opposites. I’m loyal, you’re not. I’m responsible, you’re not. Hwara loves me, not you.”

I thought what I said was enough to piss him off. But nothing happened. His smile even widened. “Let’s just see what will happen, Donghae. But I’m pretty sure that I will win. Nonetheless, good luck.”

That smile’s irritating. “Gomawo,” then I stood up. “I’ll set the rule now, if you don’t mind.”

“Go ahead.”

“There is only one rule and that is we can do everything and anything to win. It doesn’t matter if one will injure the other. As I’ve said, we can do anything. I think it’s more exciting that way.”

He nodded. “Araso. I agree with you.”

“Good. So I’ll go now. Thanks for the time,” then I left his office.

The war has started. I think I should make my plans now. I can’t afford to lose to that Heechul.

 

 

 

~HWARA’S POV~

I entered the house and went straight to the kitchen. Appa’s there, eating. I opened the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of cold water. I was about to drink when appa asked me.

“Where have you been?” he asked.

Uh-oh. “Ummm. I went to Taeyeon-unnie’s house,” I lied.

“Tch. Tell me. Where did you go?”

I drank the water and returned the bottle inside the ref. I sat across appa and looked down. “Mianhae, appa. I don’t want you to be angry or what that’s why I kept this from you,” then I took a deep breath. “I went to a company to apply.”

“… Araso,” that’s the only word I heard from him.

I looked at his calm face. “Y-You’re not angry?”

“Why would I? Actually, I’m happy that you’re being responsible now.”

I glared at him. “What?”

He smiled. “That’s good, Hwara. It’s better if you’ll work in a company and earn more than want you get from working in my restaurant. And it’s also time to use what you’ve learned in college. You didn’t take engineering for nothing.”

“Are you sure you’re not angry?”

“Wae? You want me to be angry just because you’re looking for a more decent job?”

I smiled at him. What a nice and understanding father. “Gomawo, appa,” then I tilted my head a bit and raised my eyebrow. “Wait. How did you know?”

He shrugged. “I’m your appa.”

“Seriously, how?”

“Someone called this morning. She’s from a construction company of someone I don’t know. She said you should go there tomorrow for the interview.”

I smiled widely again. “Jinjja?”

“Ne,” then he stood up. “So, go now and prepare for your interview. You should pass that or else, I’m not giving you your three-month pay.” He grabbed something from his pocket and threw it to me. “Take that,” then he left.

 I looked at the thing that he threw at me. It’s a locket. I opened it and saw a picture of him and eomma. It made me smile. A lucky charm. Appa’s really a great guy.

I called Taeyeon to come over and she did. We went to the living room and watched a random western film. It’s actually a horror film that’s why I’m enjoying it. But Taeyeon cut that happiness. She paused the movie.

I glared at her. “Yah!”

“I think you should be practicing what to answer for your interview tomorrow. Don’t you want to pass?” she asked.

“Practicing only makes me more nervous.”

“Tch. So did you tell Mr. Kim about this?”

The mention of his name made my heart skip a beat. “W-Why would I tell him, huh? Is there a reason for him to know that I’m looking for a job?”

“There is. He cares for you. Of course he should know what’s happening.”

“Tch. I know he’s a stalker but really, there’s no reason for him to know this.”

“Araso. So how about your dad?”

“He already knew it. I told him a while ago that I applied.”

“What did he say?”

“Nothing. I was also surprised. He even gave me a lucky charm.”

“Lucky charm?”

I nodded and smiled. “Ne. I know, I should be really thankful to have a father like him. That’s why I want to marry someone like him.”

Then appa entered the scene. “That’s why you should marry Mr. Kim.”

I glared at him. “W-What?!”

“I thought you want to marry a guy like me. Mr. Kim and I have many things in common. And I’m not joking.”

“Tch. Yah. Tell me. Do you really like him for me?”

“Ne,” appa and Taeyeon said.

“Aish,” then I stood up. “I’ll go upstairs now.”

“We’re serious, Hwara,” Taeyeon said. “You look good together. And it’ll be nice if you and Mr. Kim will be together. Give him a chance, we’re always telling you that.”

“I know… That’s why I-” I stopped. It’s not yet time, Hwara. “I’m going now.”

“Hwara,” appa said.

“Ne?”

“Go, try and hide it from me. But I know you. I know what you’re hiding from us now.”

I sighed. “Let me think about it. I’m not yet sure.”

He nodded. “Araso. I think you should really think about it.”

“… Gomawo,” then I went to my room.

I should have a good sleep tonight. I should pass the interview to make appa, Taeyeon, and ‘him’ proud.

 

**************************************************************************************************************

So, yeah! 21 subscribers, GAMSAHAMNIDA!!!! Ugh. I'll be very busy this month so expect that I'm not going to update often. Hope you like this chap!:))) Comments please!!!