〈 ❇ 〉THE PROLOGUE ▬ efbga: the original (not really)

〈 ❇ 〉Hogwarts, A History ▬ apply closed!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter




`THE PROLOGUE ▬
EFBGA: The Original (Not Really)



"—Eleven?" Baekhyun quirks his eyebrow at the taller male, giving Chanyeol that familiar intimidating look as he peeks in to look at what the latter is trying to write, "you're twelve, Chanyeol, tsk… No wonder you're sorted into Slytherin."

Chanyeol can feel his face heating up, blushing furiously at his own silly mistake before he shoots a small glare at Baekhyun. "Stop invading my privacy!" he yelps in defence, pulling his diary away from Baekhyun, accidentally dropping his quill on the floor. Baekhyun stares at him. "A-and I know that I'm twelve, psh, I'm not dumb!" Chanyeol huffs before bending down to take his quill. Beside him, Baekhyun leans back with his arms crossed as he emits a small sigh, "I'm sorry to say this but for your information, mate, you've been talking out loud while you're writing your diary and it's certainly impossible for us," he says rather desperately, pointing at Kyungsoon and himself, "to not overhear your little heartfelt chat with your dear diary."

He should say something back. Chanyeol knows it's time for him to come up with a witty retort to finally shut Baekhyun up and prove that he actually possesses the dry wit of an ideal Slytherin. Sad thing is, he doesn't. Chanyeol mentally sighs to himself (he thinks that would make him more mature), and ignores Baekhyun for a second to pick his eagle quill up before continue scribbling in his diary.



When you are eleven, no, twelve, and your lunch consists of entirely chocolate frogs that are as alive as real ones (which kind of freaked your little sister out), it is almost a given that you would feel this tiny sense of blessing warming up the pit of your stomach and slowly rising to your heart.

Park Chanyeol is experiencing such delights. Lying flat on his now round tummy, the young wizard struggles to keep his eyes open while watching Morgana le Fay scratch her hideous nose. Next to him, Baekhyun is already fast asleep, legs dangling from his seat in an awkward angle while dribbling carelessly on his way into dream land. Curled up into a little bundle of joy nearby is little Kyungsoon. Holding her brand new wand in stubby hands, the little girl is flipping through a textbook with such enthusiasm that, according to Chanyeol as he yawns into Morgana's face, wouldn't survive to see the next hour. He knows, because they are siblings, and he himself is starting to lose interest in Morgana's disgruntled face despite having been mind-blown by the moving portrait less than a quarter of an hour ago.

For a September day, the weather is pleasantly warm and welcoming; as if summer isn't willing to leave just yet. While Chanyeol is on pins and needles waiting for the new school year to start, the lazy rays of sunshine meddling in with his messy dark lock can be quite a distraction. Thus, he decides to ignore the dark witch's indignant protests and drops her unceremoniously onto the ground, pushing himself further into the cushioned seat and wiggling his way closer to Baekhyun. He is in the middle of praying that Kyungsoon wouldn't set anything on fire while he is asleep when the door to their compartment slides open with an obnoxious noise. Baekhyun yelps in demurral and scoots closer to Chanyeol, trying to salvage his nap. The latter cracks one eye open and watches lazily as his sister eagerly springs to her feet, wand steady in her hand, ready to attack the intruder with whatever impromptu spell she is having in her mind of the moment.

“Make way, paysans, make way for the magnifique seat I deserve!”

For such a tiny stature, the newcomer is surprisingly and obnoxiously loud, Chanyeol idly notes. Baekhyun seems to share his thought in spite of making no attempt to spare the feline boy a seat. Seemingly annoyed, the new boy stands with arms akimbo, casting an, apparently, very judgmental glance around before muttering under his breath:

“Two neins and a very haut kid… Tsk, totally paysan material. Inacceptable.”

Pausing momentarily, Chanyeol quickly decides that his nap will have to wait. Dealing with this new kid is going to be a handful, especially with his mouth spewing nonsense in a language that none of the trio can actually understand, “Pardon me?” He asks as politely as possible, giant ears perking up hopefully. 

“I said, you're such a haut lad for your age.” 

“I'm,” Another second passes for Chanyeol to comprehend the boy’s remark. “... hot?”

“Non, no, no,” The other boy looks particularly demoralized, and on top of that, constipated. “I mean you're giant, as in graisse, big- not hot!” Using his fingers to stress on the word ‘hot', the feline boy rolls his eyes at Chanyeol, much to his dismay. Still, he isn't willing to give up his efforts in communication yet.

“Grass? You called me grass?”

“Urgh, how pathétique.”

Chanyeol may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but he knows the attitude of the boy through the tone of his voice. That, plus the word he has just said sounds utterly familiar. Chanyeol is this close to challenging the intruder in a duel, but before he can a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter