〈 ❇ 〉THE SORTING HAT ▬ potential students

〈 ❇ 〉Hogwarts, A History ▬ apply closed!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE SORTING HAT

   

"I'LL HAVE A LOOK INSIDE YOUR MIND AND TELL WHERE YOU BELONG!"

   

CHANYEOL ( X ) minseok ( 3 ) - luhan ( 5 ) - yifan ( 8 ) - junmyeon ( 3 ) - yixing ( 4 ) 

JOngin ( x ) baekhyun ( 5 ) - jongdae ( 4 ) - kyungsoo ( 4 ) - zitao ( 3 ) - sehun ( 7 )

application counter : 46

P

ark Kyungsoon • paradisekiss • Sooah • Kim Jongin• Gryffindor • Chosen

This is Yuna's poopy character ;; yay. All the reviews will go here <3 

ps. Kyungsoon is Chanyeol's sister and she bullies the crap out of everyone except for Kyungsoo because oppar is her style.

pps. HI I'M KYUNGSOON AND I ONLY LOVE SEHUN. HUNSOON TO THE GALAXY. i swear sejin. i will end you--
ppps. you know you love me xoxo sehun
pppps ... get out sehun.

QUICK FACTS.
birthday : 31st October
hometown : london, england 
favorite thing : kyungsoo and his squishy-ness
favorite person : kyungsoo (chanyeol: but i'm your brother!)
least favorite thing and person : kkamjong (jongin: i'm not a thing!)
(eternal) weakness : kyungsoo oppar
boggart : a cute smiling jongin 
quote : talk to the hand-- unless you're as squishy as kyungsoo oppa

O

h Sejin • frozen-baozis • El • Park Chanyeol • Ravenclaw • Not chosen

Chosen bc Sejin is fab <3 ;; 

ps. Sejin loves Baekhyun senpai so much <33 though she tortures him day and night. SHAME ON YOU KYUNGSOON TEN POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR.

pps. no, not really. I love baekhyun so much tbh c:0
ppps. sejin pls pet me. pls pls pls xoxo baekhyun

ppps. sejin, pet me after baek, okay? xoxo chanyeol

C

hoi Minyoung • exoismysanity • Song Ahri • Kim Jongdae • Gryffindor • accepted (1)

Hello minnie! thanks for being our first applicant <3 so let's get onto the review ;; so first of all, you stated that her chinese is conversational, but you didn't state anything about her living in china, so please elaborate on that one c: Minyoung's personality is alright but it'll be great if you can elaborate more. however, i think she's a little bit too perfect? so if you can add her flaws, that'll be great! Concerning her background, it states that she's rather obedient and docile but from her personality, Minyoung seems to be more of a trouble maker type so it's a little contradicting ;; thanks for your efforts to elaborate more on her personality c: the relationship part is sweet and it's pretty cute how they act around each other sobs. the image of jongdae nagging killed me <3 ps. bless you for picking 2kyung heh <3 so yep accepted for now!

C

ha Seolri • --sinful • Sori • Do Kyungsoo • Ravenclaw • pending (1)

hello kim! thanks for applying! first of all, sori's gorgeous! i love her <3 Seolri's personality is a little short, it'll be great if you can elaborate more on her personality ;; put that aside, she seems like a female counterpart of Yifan tbh minus the fact that he's not a genius /coughs/ she seems to be the typical ravenclaw to me but the tsundere in her is pretty cute tbh ; u ; sobs all of the applicants are so smart and all while the rest of exo is unfortunately ~dumb~ ; the way you described kyungsoo thoo / his face/ it's a little different from how we portrayed him but that's fine, he's precious like that ; u ; and her relationship with kyungsoon & jongin killed me oKAY. kyungsoo worshipping club ftw!!1! just saying, but kyungsoo is so doomed. and gurl, kyungsoo is ours, don't be a shellfish /killed/ woop! for now you're put under pending but don't fret! fix the little errors above and you're accepted <3 thanks bae! 

K

won Minjee • BlackRose001 • Park Sora • Lu Han • Ravenclaw • accepted (1)

Hello, Andreia, and thank you for fixing the errors in such a short time! Again, Minjee impressed me with her rather playful and erted nature, which really differentiates her from other Ravenclaws /coughsSejincoughs. While reading the last paragraph about a possessive and hyper Luhan-in-love, I kind of imagined of this but okay, that's kind of beyond the point, haha. Their relationship though I'm kind of o//////////o but in one way or another, I can totally see they acting around each other like that. Kaisoo makes her have nosebleed okay I can totally feel it I mean whAT EVEN. So I'm blabbering too much here, but anyway, you're now accepted! Thanks for applying!

L

illian Louise Seo • Jaeseonggie • Moon Danbi • Kim Minseok • Hufflepuff • accepted (1)

Jae, it's nice to see you again ohoho /slapped. First off, thanks for fixing the errors mentioned before! I can totally see why the Hat had to spend a little bit more time on her —while having that smarty-pants Ravenclaw character she's also a Hufflepuff I just want to cuddle her does that sound wrong okay maybe I'll stop. Also her Patronus, I'll just sob into oblivion okay if that's alright for you. "He values intelligence in others, which brings into question his choice of friends - but no one dare bring that up to him." I CAN QUOTE THIS ON AND ON FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER KIM MINSEOK WHY DO YOU. Your scene requests are really cute, with Frenchen and all that winter sweater story sobs ;; You like Hagrid too bless okay. So to sum up my incoherent rambling, your app is now accepted! Thanks for applying! 

j

ung Hyerim • rident • Yurim • Do Kyungsoo • Gryffindor • accepted

Ayo waddup hi Cassie! Okay I'll get straight to reviewing your application now, first off, I love how you organized it so neatly, and the idea of incorporating character dialogues in your application is also quite a nice touch to it. A pure-blood (plus sassy) Gryffindor is not what I've expected tbh because Gryffindors are always dumb take Luhan for example. I can already imagine her roaring everyone's name throughout the entire Great Hall if that isn't scary I don't know what is but okay mooooving on. I love how you kind of based your characters on original HP ones — Molly and Arthur though weeping and isn't Evanna Lynch so gorgeous. How you described Kyungsoo kind of have me drowning in his judgmental stares a mile away; and the interview section was quite pleasant to read yes Sehun is a jerk let me hug you. In overall, I enjoyed your app, but the only thing that bothers me is Hyerim's BMI figure (it's only 15.6 I'm kind of worried will she get blown away or something), but since it isn't that important, I'll let it slide. Thus, you are now accepted! Oh, and thanks for applying!

B

rianna Choi • mrsxiumin • Park Hyemin • Oh Sehun • Slytherin • accepted

Hello, Mix, and thanks for applying! I'm kind of surprised by the fact that you picked Hyemin as a face claim for a Slytherin since she's the type I'd imagine to be in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, but never judge a book through its cover, right, haha. Regarding her personality, I feel that the traits part is rather overwhelming compared to the elaboration, but since you managed to condense that many words into concise paragraphs which I can never do, it's okay c: I love how you described Brianna's relationship with Jon, it's rather angsty but realistic nonetheless (Chanyeol: You know she wants to give him a hug aww she does). The fact that she's close to original British peeps rather than dumb Asians also quite sparked my interest. As for Sehun, I hate him so much but why do you make him so fragile and stuff I refuse to love him okay I think you took another way to describing him, which is really great! Your gif of Harry got me laughing, and that obviously isn't the only thing I enjoy about your app! /stamps an "accepted" over your face, shot.

W

ang Lixiu • dominikaq92 • Ha Mirae • Zhang Yixing • Slytherin • accepted

Holla, Nika! I'm sorry I just wanted to do that. Firstly thank you for choosing Mirae as face claim, I have been waiting for someone to do this otl isn't she pretty. Lixiu is the ideal Slytherin I've been picturing in my head, and even the trivia part is something interesting to read (I'll try to apply her photographic memory into use one day) even though I feel that some would suit better in the personality section, but that's okay. If Lixiu gets paired with an EFBGA member I'll make sure the other girl is a puppy to annoy the bloody hell out of her aanywaaaaay moving on to Lixiu and Yixing's relationship (mostly since I found nothing wrong in his personality) can I just say HOLY BLIMEY. Unicorn!Yixing and hotdayum!Yixing molded into one in this relationship, you have no idea how much we wailed over this. You still have Lixiu's personality spot-on in the interview sessions I'm starting to call her holy senpai now senpai please notice me. I WAS PLANNING TO REJECT YOU FOR A SECOND BECAUSE YOUR PASSWORD IS UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE I TELL YOU HOW CAN YOU DO THAT TO ME ALL POINTS FROM SLYTHERIN I CANNOT BECAUSE BYUN BAEKHYUN I'M NOT JOKING I'M SO MAD I CAN'T EVEN. To my own dismay about Baekhyun because HOW DARE HIM, your application might be one of the apps I've enjoyed the most so far despite slight errors grammatically, so you are accepted! Thanks for applying!

Y

oon Seulgi • silentstories • Park Hwanhui • Byun Baekhyun • Ravenclaw • accepted

Hello Era! Oh dear Hwanhui is like my favorite ulzzang of all time ; u ; <3 I have this feeling that Seulgi and Jongdae will get along well together with their le magnifique french /coughs/i'msorry/coughs/ moving on to her personality, sobs thankyou for the details dear child ; u ; i actually find seulgi really, really cute with her rather 'eccentric' nature and all (I feel like she's going to either get along well with Kyungsoon or not at all). qUARTER VEELA. yes YES. Baekhyun's personality is nicely written and yes he's a puP OKAY (Kyungsoon: He's forever Sejin's little pup). Their relationship is fluff-worthy though i must say that Seulgi's relationship with Baekhyun is more lovey dovey than Sejin's (Jongdae: who's the couple again?). "Don't let Yifan do the illustrations!"-- bless Seulgi, i love her already (and kyungsoon is pleased that you choose 2kyung--)(Jongin: everyone knows it's Kaisoo for the win)(Kyungsoon: shut up you ). All in all, i enjoyed your application c: thanks for applying, bae and good luck! 

M

ichelle Jung • MagicalRain4 • Lee Dasom • Oh Sehun • Slytherin • accepted (1)

Hello Elle, thanks for applying! ; u ; so yep, let's get onto the review shall we? Michelle seems to be this very dark character who is likely to be misunderstood. It's a little short and lacks character in-depth. It'll be best to elaborate more on her personality because from what I read, she seems to not have enough flaws to work with despite her rather eerie vibe. Adding a few more traits will help us learn about your character so if you can do that, it'll be great <3 thankyou for the fix, dear c:  From your choices for love interest, i think it fits either Luhan or Sehun, even when it's still pretty vague tbh-- so yep, i'll settle with Sehun. The relationship part is very short, please elaborate more on that part c: thanks for elaborating! (Kyungsoon: Kaisoo?! Kaisoo?!)(Jongin: heh! of course it's me and hyung you dunghead!). the end with harry x malfoy though hahahaha /coughs//coughs/ and even though you didn't link the password to the words we ask you to put in, we'll let that slide for now ;; and for your power, we're going to settle with the fact that she can read tarot cards, alright? so yep, you're accepted <3

M

ei Villin • MiintyBunnyx3 • Han Suhyun • Wu Yifan • Hufflepuff • pending (1)

Hello, Kitty, and thanks for applying! To begin with, I think that Mei's character is a bit too... conflicting? I do get the impression that she's a perfect wallflower, preferring to be alone and having trust issues and such; however you also stated that she has that quirky side which, to me, would be the exact thing that screams for attention in most cases; so it would be nice if you could elaborate on it some more. The same goes with her background: though it's pretty understandable, I'm rather curious about her being kidnapped so again I'd have to bother you to explain some more c: Another point is that this story takes place almost two decades after the Second Wizarding War, so that means your character cannot be friends with Luna unless there's like this carbon copy of her 16 years later orz. Your description on Mei and Kris' relationship is a bit short, but I honestly like the general dynamic because I can already picture lots and lots of scenes of them together. AGAIN WITH THE UNACCEPTABLE PASSWORD ORZ. Anyway, I'm afraid I'll have to put your app under pending until you fix the errors mentioned!

K

im Hyejin • ShineLove14 • Lee Geumhee • Huang Zitao • Gryffindor • rejected

Hi again, Shinelove! First off, thank you for fixing your app despite me being mean in the first review oh well. While I notice that you did change her name and the final picture and whatnot (kudos to that!), I barely get to see any changes in the personality section — if not I think it's all the same from your original app. Judging from her personality and background, though, I still see nothing in Hyejin that stands out in particular, if not a bit too idealistic and unreal to my ideal kind of character. Still, I like how you portrayed Seohyun as a prankster, it's really different from my impression on her as a dainty princess and such /slapped. However the same goes with Tao's personality and their relationship, there hasn't been any noticeable changes. Hyejin seems a bit confused about Horcruxes, but that's okay because it's not like everyone eats book in the library (Sehun: You hear that, Jin? Neeeerd.) Still and all there is a problem in your app that literally really bothered me — apparently, you copied some of another applicant's writing in her lifestyle section. I won't give all of my opinion regarding this, but I would like to mention that plagiarism is frowned upon no matter it's a fanfic or an application.  Because of that, I will have to overlook your other improvements and give you strike three — which means this app is rejected. Anyway, I still hope to see you again in other applyfics, and thank you for considering applying for this fic!

r

yu Hyeri • ikebana • Seonah • Byun Baekhyun • Slytherin • accepted

Ayy, Yumi! Okay first off I have to say that I kind of wept over your Seonah + Slytherin + Baekhyun combination (it was kind of Sejin version 0 bUT THEN AGAIN I CHANGED IT SO IT'S OKAY BUT TELEPATHY YOU FEEL /jazz hands). Okay, coming to review your app for real now. The way you portrayed Hyeri as a Slytherin really hits it bullseye, plus her motto really compliments her character c; (Baekhyun: Jongdae stop winking you're not attractive). I really tried to control my emotions until the patronus part, not to mention Google oppar and mimble wimble Hyeri and Sejin will be amazing chingus negl. Baekhyun's "well-mature" side got me flipping tables and we cannot accept your gifs for the love interest part, darling, that is simply a disgrace. Moving on to their relationship Byun Baekhyun how could you look at another girl when you was my maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan okay it's a cool relationship ultimately, with the "who owns your heart" quiz and all (Kyungsoo: I'm trying to pretend that I'm not judging but it's so hard with these idiots around). You want some peaceful time in your life, and you chose Sehun, good luck /slapped. Your scene request is so cute though asdfghjkl ;; Your app is now accepted, and thanks for applying! c:

s

ong Sun • chamomilla • Baek Sumin • Oh Sehun • Slytherin • accepted

Hello Camille! asdfjk Baek Sumin is gorgeous <33 ; u ; yes yes i LOVE HER. pst the earcuffs are cool B) /coughs/ Sun seems to be the ideal head girl tbh and she's cool AND HER RELATIONSHIP WITH YIXING IS SO ADORABLE CAN YOU NOT andbecauseyixingisanadorablebunny (Yixing: but i'm not cute /pouts/ ). aND ANOTHER QUARTER VEELA oh dear ;; she's also yifan's cousin (now i know why she reminds me so much of yifan) woop + kudos to your short but straight to the point motto! SEHUN'S PERSONALITY. yes yES he's a brat thanks for reminding us how much we love hate him (Jongin: no one likes him to be very honest) (Sehun: what are you talking about? everyone loves me!). I just realised that they have a noona-dongsaeng relationship ;; tbh i'm not into noona-dongsaeng BUT this is so cute i just-- you got me. despite the length of the relationship part, i'm going to let it pass because you manage to get it straight to the point and stuffs so yep! ps. your answers for the questionaire i just-- (Kyungsoon: ME AND JONGIN?! NO WAY!)(Jongin: geez. over my dead body) -- why not 2kyung? /pouts/ okay all in all everything is good and you're accepted! thanks for applying bae and good luck <3 ; u ;

l

ee Eva • vexatious • Jo Eunhee • Lu Han • Gryffindor • accepted

Hi Aeli! sobs jo eunhee is like jongin's lost sis or something tbh hahaha (Jongin: what--). Another smart child /sobs/ now i'm starting to wonder if exo + kyungsoon are the only dumb asians in this school. Eva seems cool and all with her hermione persona (but HOW 150% HOW ; A ;). Luhan's personality though /coughs loudly/ ert!luhan is just sO omg HOW DARE YOU (and luhan's pick up line is just-- wow no get away from me) (Luhan: i know ya want me, you know i want ya). their relationship isn't rushed and all, which is good and realistic. I can quite picture them together to be quite honest and it's pretty cute how she blushes around luhan senpai despite him being a complete ert /sobs/ Kyungsoon likes you already because you ship her with oppar so yay (Jongin: can't you see the chemistry between me and hyung?! we're perfect for each other!) + yes, it's a pain in the to have chanyeol as a brother but sejin and sehun's bonding time-- oh dear, that's hard to imagine (Baekhyun: she loves me more than her own brother, that's for sure!). ps. your password is unacceptable. i can't deal with more sass!baek but dear sejin loves him i can't say anything about him. so yay you're accepted! thanks for applying bae and good luck! <3

w

ang Astrid • flightless • Baek Sumin • Lu Han • Ravenclaw • accepted

Hello Ayrene! (i'm trying to be formal here please excuSE ME) woop! another baek sumin ; u ; she's just gorgeous /sobs ;; first of all, the amount of details in your app is unacceptable  much appreciated, so thankyou for that! <3 oh GOD I LOVE HER. Astrid's such a quirky character and i just-- wow, i really, really like Astrid! The mix of gryff and raven is just perfect and she gives out a jongdae feel OH DEAR (and a mix of hermione too). Astrid's hummingbird patronus is <33 i find it really endearing tbh ; u ; her background and lifestyle are filled with so much detail i could cry. THE ENGLISH COFFEE TRIO! Astrid's relationship with Minseok-- "because Minseok is scared of her, and everyone is scared of Minseok" -- why do i find this so adorable? /coughs/ moving on, Luhan's personality is just on spot (Minseok: it's still a mystery to why he's sorted into Gryffindor in the first place). I'm slamming my fists on the table because i'm so done with their relationship. Astrid and Luhan are like 5 year olds together and it's like they're meant for each other! ; u ; your answers to the questionaire is pure brilliant (Kyungsoon: ... b-but Unnie--)(Jongin: told you, everyone loves Kaisoo, heh). The scene requests are so cute, i swear (and the love triangle /coughs/). Okay i'm rambling right now because your app is perfect and there's nothing i want to change from your app! thanks for applying bae and good luck! <3 

c

hoi Eunryn • -Elysia- • Baek Jaeah • Kim Junmyeon • Gryffindor • accepted

Hello, Elysia, and thanks for applying! To your review now — Baek Jaeah is like perfect Gryffindor-material she's like Kyungsoo female version look at those mandoo cheeks okaaaaaay focus. I like how you put her motto in caps (Chanyeol: she must be my lost sibling from another mother) and that Vector dance- I just- let me have my moment. I feel like you're describing me at some part of Eunryn's personality because yeah HELLO bye I'm awkward. Woop, hello there little Beater-in-training! /shot. Eunryn doesn't like Myrtle because she flirts with Junmyeon. (Jongdae: But who on Earth would flirt with Junmyeon?!) She was rejected from Beauxbatons okay I can get over scenarios where Eunryn runs around screaming and mini Fleur Delacour's judge her. Okay. Though Junmyeon's personality is a bit short, I think you've got it handled quite well, and I'm a bit in love with their relationship. Eunryn's interview relationship really brings out the talkative monster in her and it's really cute, haha. One thing though, Sehun is supposed to be the older twin (Sejin: What a miracle, right? Welcome to my world). Your ending part and Junmyeon's smile oH MY GOD and your scene requests can I just cry or what. To end this smoothly unlike the mess I've just made, your application is now accepted! May the odds be ever in your favor teehee 8D

j

ung Yoojin • VampireLove • Kim Sooyeon • Huang Zitao • Slytherin • accepted (1)

Hi Ember, and thanks for fixing your application! So again I'll probably leave the comments regarding what I like about Yoojin here because I'm lazy /shot. To begin with, I like how you write Yoojin as a Metamorphmagus (because who doesn't love Tonks anyway), and somehow her comedic nature kind of resemble Tonks a lot, but that's just my opinion haha. WHO SAID POKEMON IS ONLY FOR KIDS ANYWAY and she loves X-men let me just have my moment for a bit excuse me. Her motto though- Junmyeon minions (Yifan: You mean those hideous garden gnomes at Jongdae's place?) (Jongdae: Pardon moi, they are not hideous, they are fabuleux!) (Junmyeon: I'm not short!) (Minseok: Guys, please.) I accidentally deleted my previous praises for this app orz please kill me but anyway I still like what there is about them so kudos to you c; Her lifestyle is a bit short, but it's alright — Beagle line will spice things up for you wink wonk. And Sehun as a caring and wonderful brother (Sejin: /wheezes in pain) (Baekhyun: How dare you hurt my girl) (Chanyeol: /wordlessly shoves Sehun at you) (Kyungsoon: Ew) (Jongdae: Tell me about it). Anyway your app is now up in the run again, so thank you for fixing your app and good luck!

k

im Aera • cloudbursts • Byeon Seoeun • Kim Jongdae • Gryffindor • accepted

Hello, Amanda, and thank you for applying! Since your appearance part is amazing as it is, I'll just move straight to her personality. HER MOTTO IS AN AYN RAND QUOTE AND THE SAME QUOTE I PLANNED TO USE FOR SEJIN GOOD BYE NO I REFUSE (actually I don't e u e). Judging from her personality, I can say already that Aera and Jongdae are going to be the perfect match for each other because they're both too fabulous for peasants like us; and even if he's not her love interest they can still be the Asian Fred and George Weasley I sob. Her cat's name, okay, Princess Wiggles, totally fabulous and magnificent as it is (Wiggles though why omg). HER HISTORY WITH COLORFUL FROGS I AM SO DONE WITH YOU SO DONE YOU HEAR THE SOUND OF ME BEING DONE okay I should calm down. I'm internally screaming I-knew-it's while reading Jongdae's personality, I mean, you wrote him so beautifully sobs. Their skinny love makes me cry children you're so dumb why do you even. "Um... I'm the muse?", "Hot damn, I be burning up when in the same room as them.", "Sehun is too bratty and busy with his hair to look after anything." I'm done. Done. All hail Queen Aera. Your scene request part sparks some ideas in me but I don't really know how to get to it now but ahaha anyway thanks for the suggestions and thanks for applying! By the way you're accepted c:

i

m Saena • lepidus • May • Oh Sehun • Hufflepuff • accepted

Nichole my baby ;___; Sobs as I'm writing this I can already tell that this is going to be a really loooooooooooong review. This is kind of irrelevant but I really like her name?! Okay moving on, SHE'S SUCH A MIDGET OMG KYUNGSOON ARE YOU HAPPY NOW THAT THERE'S FINALLY SOMEONE SHORTER THAN YOU (though you said she's 152 in the nickname part and then 150 in the appearance part it's okay). The mere appearance part only nearly gave me a heart attack why are you even capable of writing something so beautiful and detailed I sob. I'm reading her motto right now and I'm pretty sure I want to squish her for the rest of my life. Her personality is charmingly dumb (okay forget I ever said that but you did describe her as an airhead anyway). I'm kind of worried that she plays as the keeper because (Sehun: Are you sure that the ball wouldn't just fly past her head and into the hoop or something?) (Junmyeon: Sehun! Courtesy!) She casts spell on her legs though why child short is cute always remember that. I love how you described her relationship with everyone and still bring out the squishy. Sejin is her friend (obviously she will be even when you don't put her in), and I hereby want to give every applicants a heads-up that our character can be used in your apps at any time if you want and I'm just going to put this in the update page because I'm pretty sure no one would read this. Your relationship and Sehun and this thing I just /flips a table dO YOU HEAR ME FLIPPING MY TABLE AT YOU FROM HALFWAY ACROSS THE GLOBE I HOPE YOU DO NICHOLE I HOPE YOU DO.  I rlab-ed while reading the interview negl anD YOUR PASSWORD I HOPE YOUR WORLD BURNS OKAY THIS IS SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE. Though there are some confusion in her name (you kind of wrote Saena as Mina at times) and a few typos (I told you not to rush baby you're still the best anyway o A o), the quality and content of this app totally made it up, so you're accepted! But I still hate you please do remember that.

l

ee Sunhee • Suhot09 • Min Hyosun • Kim Junmyeon • Hufflepuff • accepted (1)

Hello, Jass, and thanks for fixing your app! Once again I'll just leave my praises here so that this review will be of decent length. You used Hyosun for face-c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter