Life Destroyer

Between the Lines

Life Destroyer

Choi Seunghyun likes to think that Seungri is one of his closest friends. He also likes to think that there’s nothing the younger can do that will surprise him. But he is proven wrong when he walks into the book store they both work at and finds Seungri hitting a book with another book.

˝What are you doing?˝ Seunghyun asks trying to see witch book Seungri was hitting like it insulted his family.

Without looking up from the book Seungri answers ˝Letting out all of my anger.˝

˝On a book.˝

˝Yes.˝

˝Why?˝

˝Because,˝ Seungri holds up the book he was hitting and waves it around before saying ˝This book seriously destroyed my life.˝

˝Did somebody finally wrote a book that teaches women how to avoid you.˝ Seunghyun s joking but Seungri’s expression tells him that he isn’t far from the truth. ˝No way, some girl actually did it.˝ Seunghyun bursts out laughing.

˝It’s not about me.˝ Seungri says thru gritted teeth.

˝Than why are you beating it?˝ Seunghyun asks a little concerned because Seungri is an easygoing guy and he is usually happy as long as there is food or a pretty girl he can talk to.

˝See for yourself.˝ Seungri pushes the book in Seunghyun’s direction before walking away to see if everything is fine in the bookstore.

Seunghyun reds the description and just becomes more confused. He really can’t figure out why the book I Don’t Need a Man is bothering his friend that much. Seunghyun shakes his head and puts down the book. He isn’t concerned too much because Seungri isn’t somebody who stays angry long. He usually gets distracted and forgets why he is angry as soon as a cute girl enters the store.

Seunghyun decide it’s best to go back to work and just give Seungri some time to cool down.

After half an hour Seunghyun spots Seungri talking to a girl that is standing alone near a book self of self help books. Seunghyun can’t stop himself from laughing because Seungri is nodding along to what the girl is saying and laughing a little too loudly. If there is one thing Seunghyun learned about Seungri it’s that the younger loved flirting a little too much so seeing him like this isn’t anything unusual.

But Seunghyun gets the biggest shock of his life when the girl suddenly slaps Seungri. This isn’t the first time that Seungri got rejected but it’s the first time he got slapped. The younger walks up to the cash register where Seunghyun is and slams down the book the girl wanted to buy but didn’t.

˝Did you see that?˝ Seungri whines like a girl but Seunghyun doesn’t comment on it because  the younger might seriously lose his mind judging from the look in his eyes. Seungri glares at the book in front of him ˝It’s the book’s fault.˝

˝How can it possibly be the book’s fault?˝ Seunghyun rolls his eyes.

˝Have you been living under a rock the last month?˝ Seungri holds up the book and Seunghyun sees it’s CL’s I Don’t Need a Man ˝Every girl in Seoul is reading this.˝

˝And?˝

˝And?˝ Seungri mockingly repeats. He puts the book down and starts talking like he is explaining something to a five year old ˝Now every girl is obsessed whit it and all of them want suddenly decided that they don’t need a man when one week ago the spent their nights sobbing while watching stupid dramas and eating ice cream.˝

Seunghyun goes back to the form he was writing before he saw Seungri get slapped ˝So you are angry because your flirting methods aren’t working anymore.˝

˝It’s not just that.˝

˝What else is it?˝

Seungri thinks for a moment and opens his mouth to say something but no words come out. After he repeats that a couple of times he scoffs ˝There are a lot of other reasons.˝

˝Just go back to work.˝ Seunghyun says without looking up from the papers in front of him.

˝Whatever.˝ Seungri walks away probably to go flirt with another girl.

If there is one thing that Seunghyun finds fascinating about the younger man it is how Seungri never gives up once he sets his mind on something. In this case Seungri will keep flirting until he finds a girl who isn’t obsessed with I Don’t Need a Man. But it seams like it will take him more time than he imagines because all he gets is another slap.  

A week later Seungri and Seunghyun are standing behind the cash register with their biggest smiles on as they watch the bookstore fill with people (mostly girls).

˝It’s not like I’m complaining that there are more girls here than usual but I seriously don’t get why the press conference needs to be held here.˝ Seungri whispers while waving at a red head girl that is passing by them.

˝You are really unbelievable.˝ Seunghyun whispers back trying to not get noticed by their boss who is walking around to make sure everything goes smoothly.

˝Why?˝ Seunghyun sends a flirty wink to a girl that walks by but instead of the usual shy giggle he receives an annoyed eye roll. It makes Seunghyun fell a little better.

˝I spent the last week listening to you how all of women who red I Don’t Need a Man are officially not your type anymore and now you are flirting with all of them.˝ Seungri opens his mouth to say something but Seunghyun interrupts him ˝Not to mention that of all places you can choose to flirt you choose an press conference for the same book that ruined your whole life.˝

˝Whatever.˝ Seungri starts a conversation with a woman that looks a little too old for him. But Seungri wouldn’t be Seungri if he didn’t smile charmingly at every woman even if they are married.

Half an hour later the bookstore is filled with more people and Seungri’s face looks like he just died and went to haven.

˝Can you put these books next to the table where the author will be sitting.˝ when Seungri doesn’t answer Seunghyun looks up only to see that the younger is staring at the woman that just walked in. He snaps his fingers in front of Seungri’s face ˝Hey.˝

˝What?˝ Seungri snaps turning away from the woman.

˝Put these books next to the author’s table before you get fired.˝ Seunghyun gestures at their boss who looks ready to bite of somebody’s head if something goes wrong today.

˝Hello.˝ Seunghyun turns around and finds himself face to face with the woman Seungri was looking at a second ago. The woman holds out her hand ˝I’m Park Bom.˝

Seunghyun laughs and shakes her hand ˝I’m Choi Seunghyun. It’s nice to meet you.˝

It’s not the first time that somebody talked to hi to find out more about Seungri. It started becoming funny to Seunghyun how some women thought that Seungri is somebody that’s hard to get.

˝I’m actually CL’s manager.˝ Bom awkwardly says trying to start a conversation.

˝That must me a fun job.˝ even if Seungri already explained him million times how to flirt Seunghyun never actually listened to him and he just talked comfortably with everybody despite their gender.

They talk about books for five minutes before Bom’s cell phone interrupts them. Bom’s expression darkens for a second and then she starts laughing. Before Seunghyun can ask if everything is all right Seungri walks up to them with a look on his face Seunghyun is very familiar with. In fact he is so familiar with it that he wants nothing more than to disappear from the face of the Earth for the next couple of weeks because it happened again. Lee Seungri has ‘fallen in love’ once again.

Seunghyun doesn’t even notice that Bom said by to him and walked away from the cash register because he is to busy thinking of the ways how to avoid Seungri until the younger one is back to flirting with every pretty girl that walks in to the bookstore.

Before Seunghyun can think of one good plan Seungri says the dreaded words ˝I fell in love.˝

Instead of commenting that this is the third time he fell in love in the past four months Seunghyun says teasingly ˝Who is the unlucky girl?˝

˝Hello,˝ they are interrupted by a voice coming from the authors table ˝I’m Lee Chaerin or as you know me as CL the author of  I Don’t Need a Man. I’m glad that you took your time to come here and support my book…˝

Seunghyun doesn’t hear the rest of Chaerin’s speech because Seungri whispers ˝That’s the girl.˝

Seunghyun really tries not to burst out laughing at his best friend but he fails. Honestly, how could he control himself in this situation? Seungri spent the last week cursing the book I Don’t Need a Man but here he is claiming that he fell in love with the woman who wrote the same book that supposedly ruined his whole life.

˝I’m so screwed.˝ Seungri says and Seunghyun is thankful because he can't find any better words to describe Seungri’s situation himself.

A/N:

I had trouble writing this chapter because there’s an idea in my head that’s begging me to write it and I’m to week to say no. I’m probably going to post that story in couple of days (it’s called Dare You to Move).

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and that you will comment and subscribe.