Just Around the Corner

Between the Lines

Just Around the Corner

Chaerin walks past the short haired woman that s mumbling something about not knowing a good writer when they see it. Chaerin doubts that’s true because even if Bom can be weird and a little harsh sometimes she knows how to recognize talent.

Chaerin can’t stop herself from laughing when she sees Bom’s secretary sleeping on her desk. She walks up to Minji and shakes her in order to wake her up. The younger mumbles ˝I’m not sleeping.˝

˝Then what are you doing?˝

˝Hiding.˝

˝From who?˝ Chaerin asks already knowing the answer.

˝Bom.˝ Minji lifts her head from the table and Chaerin sees the desperation in the younger’s eyes ˝She is gong crazy.˝

˝Why now?˝ Chaerin would probably be more concerned to hear that her boss is losing her mind if stuff like this didn’t happen almost every other day.

˝I don’t know.˝ the desperation in Minji’s voice would be amusing if Chaerin didn’t have to deal with Bom’s anger issues more than she would like.

˝So…I’m going to leave now.˝ Chaerin says taking a step back.

˝You can’t leave.˝ Chaerin can describe the smile Minji gives her with only one word, cruel. Minji obviously doesn’t notice that Chaerin is cursing her under her breath and continues talking ˝Bom said she wants to see you.˝

Without saying anything else to Minji because the younger already putted her headphones on Chaerin enters Bom’s office. Like always there is some ballad playing while Bom reads some papers with a frown on her face. Chaerin takes a deep breath before speaking ˝Minji said you wanted to see me.˝

Bom looks up from her papers and smiles. Chaerin sees that it’s fake but she doesn’t say anything. Bom looks around the room like somebody is hiding in a corner and listening to them. After a minute Bom speaks ˝We have a problem.˝

˝What is it?˝ Chaerin isn’t nervous because Bom’s idea of a problem is that the store ran out of her favorite brand of corn.

˝I haven’t had a boyfriend in a year.˝ Bom says and then looks back down on her papers blushing like she just told Chaerin the biggest secret in the world.

Chaerin rolls her eyes trying hard not to say that she herself is single for three years already and that she is doing completely fine. Instead she tries her best to sound like she is interested ˝Why is that such a big problem?˝

˝Because I’m not getting any younger.˝ Bom whines and Chaerin needs to remind herself that Bom is still her boss and that telling her she is stupid would probably get her fired.

˝You should read my book.˝

Chaerin’s first book is called I Don’t Need a Man and it’s a story about a girl dealing with her heartbreak and realizing that she doesn’t need a man to be happy. The book is getting more popular by the day and from the reviews Chaerin can see that her book helped a lot of woman with sorting out the priorities in their life. But the thing that Chaerin didn’t tell to anybody is that the book was inspired by some of her real experiences.

˝I already read it.˝ Bom puffs out her cheeks trying to look cute but it only makes Chaerin roll her eyes.

˝You should read it again or maybe buy a copy and read it whenever you start felling bad about your love life.˝

˝You are just trying to get more money.˝ Bom takes one of the pens and throws it at Chaerin. Luckily Bom has a bad aim and the pen misses Chaerin.

˝Maybe.˝ Chaerin gets hit in the forehead with a pen because Bom gets lucky this time and manages to aim correctly.

Both of them laugh for a second before Bom goes to her business mode ˝Actually I need to talk to you about something important.˝

˝What is it?˝

˝People are wondering about your next project.˝ hearing that makes Chaerin a little uncomfortable because it’s only been three months since her book came out.

Chaerin sighs before speaking ˝I’m thinking about writing a sequel for I Don’t Need a Man.˝

Bom hums in agreement ˝Just don’t make the story seam too dragged out.˝

One of the things Chaerin admires about Bom is the way the older can go from acting like her friend to acting like her boss in a second without it being awkward to either of them. That is one of the things Chaerin hopes she can learn how to do in the close future.

After they finish talking about the next book Chaerin gets up to leave but before exiting she turns around and smirks at Bom ˝You should seriously read my book.˝

The pen Bom throws at Chaerin only hits her office doors.

Chaerin glares at Minji who is writing something inside her planer ˝You scared me for no reason.˝

˝Oh,˝ Minji’s smile would make anybody who doesn’t know her to believe she is innocent but Chaerin knows better ˝There was a reason why I made you believe Bom was loosing it again.˝

˝What’s the reason?˝

˝I was bored.˝

Chaerin repeats murder is an escape not a solution inside her head until she is at a safe distance from the building to stop herself from beating Minji up with something.

Bom curses under her breath while making a mental reminder to kill her assistant. Even if Minji was the best at almost every aspect of her job the girl couldn’t get Bom’s coffee just like the older ordered it. But knowing that firing Minji because of a drink would be stupid Bom goes out to get her own coffee without much complaining. But today Bom can’t stop herself from being annoyed because it seams like everything is going wrong.

Firstly there wasn’t any new good book to publish since Chaerin’s book came out, then one of her reviewers quitted and to top it all of her mother just called saying that she is coming to visit her this weekend.

Bom loves her mother a lot but the woman can be a little too much at times. After meeting Bom’s mother for the first time Chaerin said that Bom is like a copy of her mother but Bom doesn’t believe that. The thing that annoys Bom the most is that her mother keeps nagging her about finding a boyfriend. Sure Bom is worried about still not having somebody but she would like to think that her prince charming is patiently waiting for her somewhere around the corner.

She laughs a little thinking about Chaerin’s comments to that statement. She likes to rant to the younger writer about the lack of her love life because Chaerin always makes her fell better about it. Just then she comes up with a plan how to stop her mother’s lectures about relationships. 

Instead going to the café where she usually buys her daily dose of caffeine Bom goes across the street to a bookstore she sees every day. She never went inside because she was busy with the books she had to read for her job but now she is ready to sacrifice her daily coffee for it if it helps with getting her mother off her back.

The inside is just like any other book store but what causes Bom’s breath to hitch is a man. The man is reading to the kids that are gathered around him while sitting in a chair that is obviously too small for him. It’s not just the fact that the man is ridiculously handsome that catches Bom’s attention. It’s the way how he changes his voice to match ever character in the book he is reading, the way he answers the kids immediately even if he s in the middle of a sentence.

Bom doesn’t even notice that a guy is standing next to her until he speaks ˝He isn’t this charming when he starts dancing randomly.˝

Bom looks at the guy whose nameplate says Seungri. Bom blushes realizing that she was caught staring. It seams like Seungri notices that she is embarrassed so he asks ˝How can I help you.˝

Bom clears ˝I’m looking for CL’s I Don’t Need a Man.˝

Bom doesn’t notice the way Seungri frowns at the mention of Chaerin’s book because she is too busy with the thoughts of the man that is still reading to the children. Seungri leaves to get the book and Bom starts staling glances of the handsome stranger. After two minutes Seungri returns whit the book Bom asked for. Bo pays for the book without paying attention to the fact that Seungri holds the book like it offended him in some way.

Before Bom can leave Seungri says ˝In case you are wondering his name is Choi Seunghyun.˝

Bom only nods not wanting to look desperate when in reality she was ready to ask Seungri that question when he came back. Bom can’t stop the smile that spreads across her face during the way back to her office because it seams like she was right and that her prince charming really was waiting just around the corner.

A/N:

Here s the first chapter I hope you enjoyed reading it.

The updates should be faster from now on considering school ended yesterday.

Please comment and say what you think of it so far.