Mystery Meeting

Between the Lines

Mystery Meeting

Seungri fidgets on his spot ignoring the fact that Seunghyun looks like he will murder him any second. The even is getting closer to the end and Seungri doesn’t know what to say to Lee Chaerin when it’s finished.

Sure he talks to a lot of girls and has a lot of dates but that doesn’t help him at all n this situation. But how can that help him when Chaerin wrote a whole book about not needing or wanting a man.

˝I’m doomed.˝ Seungri whines ˝I don’t know what to do.˝

˝Talk to her.˝ Seunghyun says while he scans thru a list of new children books they need to order.

Seungri snorts ˝It’s easy to say that.˝

˝Than don’t talk to her.˝

˝But then she won’t know that I exist.˝

˝Then I don’t care what you do.˝ Seunghyun looks around and notices that the woman that   talked to him before the event started is looking at them ˝It’s not like you don’t have other girls that are ready to date you.˝

˝What are you talking about?˝ Seungri asks. From all the years he knew Seunghyun he learned that despite being older his friend could be quiet unpredictable and childish (Seungri still didn’t know the reason behind Seunghyun’s love of children’s books).

˝That woman,˝ Seunghyun points at Bom ˝She is interested in you.˝

˝What?˝ Seungri asks not believing how oblivious his friend could be.

˝Her name is Park Bom and she is actually Chaerin’s manager but the important part is that she is interested in you.˝ Seunghyun says not noticing the way Seungri is smirking.

˝She is interested in me.˝ Seungri repeats while trying not to laugh at Seunghyun.

˝Yes.˝ Seunghyun nods ˝You should talk to her. She seams nice.˝

˝Did you talk to her?˝

˝Yes, she has a good taste in books.˝

But she has a bad taste when it comes to man Seungri thinks but doesn’t say anything. Instead he smiles ˝I’ll talk to her when the press conference end.˝

˝See, there’s no need to be a drama queen.˝ Seunghyun goes to the back room to cheek on something.

Seungri rolls his eyes when he is sure that Seunghyun can’t see him. His friend is the type of person who doesn’t know if somebody is flirting with them. He always thinks that the girls that talk to him are doing it to get closer to Seungri when in reality he had just as many girls interested in him as Seungri (maybe even more but Seungri still isn’t ready to admit that). Seungri has been looking for a way to get his friend a girlfriend for some time actually and it seams like he now has a perfect opportunity to do it.

He hears Chaerin thanking everybody for coming and he knows it’s time to make his move. Seungri walks as fast as he can so that Bom doesn’t disappear before he can ask her. He ignores the disappointed look Bom gives him when she notices that it’s just him.

˝We need to talk.˝ Seungri puts on his best smile.

˝Why?˝ Bom’s eyes are wondering to the cash register and Seungri suppresses the snort he wants to let out.

˝It’s about Seunghyun.˝ that seams to get Bom’s attention because her eyes are now focused on Seungri.

˝I’m listening.˝ Bom says trying to hide how interested she is. Who knows if Seunghyun sent his friend here just to make fun of her? After all he didn’t seam interested at all when she talked to him.

˝We need to talk somewhere else.˝ Seungri smiles ˝You never know who is listening to you in public.˝

˝Fine.˝ Bom sighs ˝Where do you want to meet?˝

The last thing Chaerin expects to see when she opens the doors of Bom’s office is a guy sitting in Bom’s chair while looking at his phone and laughing to himself. Chaerin clears to get his attention. The guy looks up and smiles at Chaerin but he doesn’t say anything.

˝Who are you?˝ Chaerin asks when the silence becomes to awkward for her to handle.

˝Uh, I’m…˝ the guy fidgets on his spot ˝I’m here to…umm…I…˝

Before Chaerin can interrupt him the door opens and Bom walks into the office. ˝Ah, you came.˝ she talks to the guy not paying attention to Chaerin at all.

˝What’s going on here?˝ Bom looks surprised to see her but she soon smiles again.

When Bom talks Chaerin expects an explanation but instead she gets an ˝Chaerin can you please leave us alone for a moment.˝

˝But…˝ Chaerin tries to protest afraid that something might happen to her friend but Bom interrupts her.

˝Please, we need to discus something important.˝ Bom’s tone clearly says to do what she says or somebody (probably Chaerin or Minji) will get yelled at.

Hesitantly Chaerin leaves the office and paces in front of the door waiting for one of the two from inside to come out. She tries to hear what they are talking about but the office is soundproof so she has nothing better to do than walk back and fort in a state line.

˝You seam upset.˝ Minji looks up from the game on her computer.

˝Who is that guy in there with Bom?˝ Chaerin asks not caring that she sounds like an overprotective mother despite being younger than Bom.

˝I don’t know.˝ Minji shrugs and goes back to her game.

˝How can you not know?˝ Chaerin throws her hands in the air ˝It’s your job to book Bom’s meetings.˝

˝He didn’t have an appointment.˝ Chaerin does her best not to curs at the younger out loud. Minji seams not to notice that Chaerin is trying to kill her with her glare because she keeps talking ˝He just showed up and Bom told me to let him in so I did.˝

˝Do you know what he wants?˝

˝I have no idea.˝

Chaerin spends the next fifteen minutes walking around, trying to talk to Minji but stopping when she remembers how much the younger one annoys her and rereading the posters on the walls. When the office door finally opens the guy exits smiling from ear to ear witch makes Chaerin fell uneasy.

˝It was nice to meet you.˝ he bows to both of them before walking to the elevator.

˝Maybe he is Bom’s boyfriend.˝ Minji says before grabbing a post it note and writing something on it.

˝I don’t like him.˝ Chaerin says not moving her eyes away from the elevator doors witch closed a couple of seconds ago.

˝He is handsome.˝ Minji looks at the office doors ˝But I don’t think he is Bom’s type. Maybe he is her cousin.˝

˝Whatever.˝ Chaerin shrugs her shoulders trying to look uninterested because it’s not a secret that whatever she says to Minji will sooner or later be known by Bom. It’s not completely Minji’s fault because Bom blackmail’s her with a raise and it’s common knowledge that every university student that works part tie need as much money as they can get.

During the whole meeting about Chaerin’s new book Bom even once doesn’t mention why the mystery guy visited her. Chaerin decides that she will find out what’s going on between Bom and the mystery guy even if it’s the last thing she does.

A/N: It’s a little shorter than other chapters but I hope you still enjoyed it. Comment what you think.