Chapter 3

Nicknames

Na-Ji? My nickname, but how do these men know it? The man in front of me is smiling, and I feel the need to wipe that smile off his face, along with a sense of confusion. How did robbers know my nickname? My mind racing, I stayed silent. I no longer felt the need to cry.

"See? You shouldn't cry." the first man cooed. A hand touched my cheek, and I shivered. The man behind me lifted his head, and said something to the other man in another language. The first man responded, and I felt the man behind me nod. The man in front of me held my chin again to make sure I looked him in the eye. "You're gonna come with me, Na-Ji." He grinned, and I gulped. What was happening? Why was I going with him? I looked warily at him, hating the look he gave me in response. He grabbed my arm and took me from the man behind me.

"I'll take your people, hyung. We'll join you after we're done." The man behind me said with a grunt as he picked up his bag and gun again. The first man walked beside me, his arm around my shoulder, hand gripping my upper arm tightly. I knew better than to try and get away. As if I would get far...

I found myself tripping often, my heels slipping on the glass, or my feet twisting underneath me. I would've fallen to the ground by now if the man hadn't been holding me up. I considered taking off my heels, but I knew that was a stupid idea. I'd shred my feet on all the glass shards. But I was slowing the man down, and I could feel his frustration in the tautness of his muscles.

"Is it really that difficult for you to walk without tripping?" he asked harshly but quietly.

I roll my eyes. "I understand that as a man, you have never had to wear high heels. But let me tell you that it's hard to walk steadily in heels as is, god forbid when there's all this glass on the floor!" The man grumbles to himself. He pulls me closer to his body, and growls,

"You seem to want me to hurt you...." I'm not sure if he means for me to hear. I trip again, and he accidentally steps on my dress, ripping it some more. He groans a little, before quickly crouching and hooking an arm around the backs of my knees. He stands, picking me up, holding me bridal style. I try not to hold onto him, but it feels like I'll fall out of his arms if I don't, and that doesn't seem like a very good prospect.

"I can walk!" I protest weakly as I cling to him, my heart making frantic little leaps every time he almosts drops me. I'm sure he's doing it on purpose...

"You said so yourself, it's hard for you to walk!" the man points out. I frown, but say nothing more as the man navigates through the crowd of people and over the mass of bodies left on the floor. I can't really see much of anything, so it's a miracle we haven't bumped into anyone or tripped over the people lying on the floor. How is he moving so confidently? How can he see?

We must've reached a hallway or something, because I no longer hear the sound of glass crunching under the man's boots. I start squirming in his arms. "I can walk now! There's no glass!"

"Just shut up and let me carry you!" the man snaps, holding me tighter to him. I could see a bit better here because of the red lights from the emergency exit signs. I could see one at the end of the hallway placed over the emergency exit door.

We walked in silence for a minute or so, until we reached the exit door. Then, I asked him, "Why are you taking me? Why couldn't you just rob me, and leave me with my family?" The man stiffened.

"Because." he said sternly.

"Because why?" I ask again.

"Sweetie, we could still do worse to you than shoot you..." the man warned me. I glared at him through the darkness.

"So you're kidnapping me so you can....?" I take a hand from around his neck and gesture with it in the dark. He gets what I mean, and laughs a little.

"No, but that's a good idea!" I roll my eyes.

"Then why are you kidnapping me?"

"To hit your father where it hurts." the man said simply, turning around and pushing the door handle to open the door with his . I blink as I process his words. Why would robbers care about my father other than the fact that he's rich?

Outside, it's cool and silent, and the full moon hangs directly over head. We're in the spare parking lot, and there are only two short rows for cars. The man walked down the first row, shifting my weight and hands so that he could quickly reach into his pocket for his keys before my weight became too much for his one hand. He pressed the unlock button on his keychain thing, put his keys back in his pocket, and walked towards the blinking lights of his car.

We reached the car quickly. It was actually a minivan, from what I could see by the light of the street lamp. The man pulled the handle, and the door opened automatically. The lights in the car all , and the man set me down.

"Get in." he ordered. I turned to him, to give him a 'duh!' look. But then I saw his face in the light.

My eyes narrowed, my face didn't know which expression to show, betrayal or anger or hurt, and I didn't know if I should cry or slap him.

Eli.

"Eli?" I finally ask in disbelief. He smirks at me.

"Yes, Na-Ji?" his eyes show how much he's enjoying this, and the look on his face makes me wanna knee him in the nuts. Actually, that's a good idea....

"What...? Why are you..? Dear god, what's going on?!" I cross my arms and glare at him, clenching my hands into fists to keep from using them on him.

His grin gets cocky. "Na-Ji, I understand you're in shock, but - "

"Goddamnit, stop calling me Na-Ji!" I interrupt. My face decides to show anger, and I send Eli my best death vibes.

"Ji-Na, then." Eli rolls his eyes. "I get it, you've been shot at, trampled, and robbed - nice necklace by the way - so it's understandable you're a bit confused! But I think it's obvious what's going on!"

"And what is that?" I ask with enough venom to put an elephant six feet under. If he notices, he doesn't show it.

"You're being abducted by seven devilishly handsome men." Eli winked at me. "Now get in the car!" With that, he put a hand on the small of my back, and pushed me forward. I took a step up and into the car, and sat down on the far side. I counted seven seats, two in the front, two in the middle, and three in the back. Eli climbed in and closed the door.

"Wait, there are only seven seats... With me, that makes eight people..." I blink, trying to figure out what little scheme thing Eli had going on, because it made sense he would have one. He knew there were only seven spots...

"Yes, Ji-Na, we've been cramped for space as is. I guess we'll just have to have you sit on my lap!" Eli grins wolfishly at me, and I glower at him.

"Please just put me in the trunk. Please." I tell him, giving him my best, 'I am not amused' face.

Eli frowns. "Now sweetie, that's no fun! And you could hit your head and hurt yourself!"

"Ha!" I huff. "As if you care!"

Eli looks at me, hurt flooding his eyes. I don't allow myself to feel any remorse as he speaks. "I do care!"

"Then explain why you're kidnapping me, robbing me, and shooting at innocent people!" I demand, crossing my arms.

Eli dropped his jaw, and left it hanging for a few seconds, before closing it, and saying, "You wouldn't get it."

"You're right, I wouldn't get it, because I don't think I'm capable of understanding what it is that would make someone want to shoot innocent people!" I lash out at him.

"They weren't innocent people!" Eli shouted leaning forward so he was in my face, our noses almost touching. I leaned back, startled by his sudden outburst. "They were not innocent people!" I wisely keep my mouth shut. "You know nothing about those people! You know nothing about what they did, and why would you?! You're father made damn sure you knew nothing about what he did!"

Now that was pushing it. "What would you know about innocence?" I snap back at him, pushing him back a bit in his seat. "And my father's a better man then you'll ever be! He built his company up from nothing!"

"Your father built his little company by ripping other people's dreams to pieces! Your father is a low-life, the filth of Seoul! He - " Eli pushed me back, shouting some more, but I interrupt him again.

"Oh, and you're not the filth of Seoul?! Last I checked, fine upstanding citizens didn't run around shooting the place up with guns!"

Eli groans. "Ugh, your father has you completely brainwashed! You're daddy's little girl, aren't you?! Do you believe everything that little slug tells you?!!"

"What do you know?!" I scream. "Are you saying you didn't believe your father when you were a kid?"

"I didn't have a father!" Eli gives me a pointed look. "And soon, neither will you!"

My jaw drops. "You're gonna kill him?" I squeak.

Eli grins at me, and nods. "Yep! We're gonna kill him!" I blink, trying to process that. "Oh, not tonight, of course. We're gonna wait a week or so, let him feel what it's like to lose a kid. Then we'll kill him." Tears drip down my cheeks again. Eli seems very pleased with his victory.

I start sobbing a little. "Wh- wh- why? What did my father do to you?" Eli just smiled and wiped the tears from my cheeks with his thumb.

We sit in silence for a moment or two, me trying to stiffle my tears, Eli staring at me touching my face. Then we heard footsteps, and the doors opening on both sides and in the front. I turn around to look at the guy who's opening the door on my side. Kevin.

"Na-Ji!" Kevin cheered. "So nice of you to join us! Why you still crying?" He climbed in and stooped in the car, wondering where to sit. Eli grabbed my arm and pulled me into his lap.

"Na-Ji and I had a little argument." Eli tells him, wrapping his arms around my waist as I get situated on his lap.

"Oh, an argument? Bout what?" one of the other boys asks. This one is getting into the driver's seat. He twists around and looks me over. He smiles to himself, before looking at Eli.

"Basically just why we're doing this." Eli shrugged.

"Ah..." the one in the driver's seat said, turning back around and turning the keys in the ignition. Everyone had piled into the car, and I felt the stares of several men on me.

"Hyung, can she sit on my lap?" one of the men sitting in the back asked, leaning forward. Eli lifted a hand from my waist and without looking, he slapped at his accomplice. Then he placed his hand back on my waist, holding me firmly. The driver pulls the van out of the parking spot, and starts driving to the exit.

"Did you really think he was gonna let you take her, Jun?" the man in the passenger's side seat twists around to ask the boy in the back.

"A man can always dream..." the boy, Jun, responded.

Now Eli twisted around to speak to Jun. "Jun, let me tell you something. Never, ever, in your wildest dreams, will I ever let you take her! She's mine!"

"No!" Kevin objected. He grabbed my arm and pulled me from Eli's lap. "She's mine!" Eli tried to grab a hold of me to keep me with him, but all he got was a handful of my dress, which he accidentally tore. Again. This time it made a previous tear bigger, right along the seam where the skirt of the dress meets the top part, right on my waist. You could now see a bit of the skin of my hips.

Kevin pulled me completely onto his lap, and wrapped his arms around me in a half hug, half restraining cage. He glares jokingly at the other men in the car. "Don't stare! She's my baby girl! None a' you are allowed to see!"

I roll my eyes. "Seriously? I am most certainly not your baby girl!" I shove him in the chest and lean away from him. The other men laugh, but Kevin just looks mad. He gives me the stink eye, and says,

"You watch it, Na-Ji!"

I look him in the eye. "Or else what?"

Kevin grabs the back of my head and holds my face close to his. "Or else you're going to regret it..." He looks into my eyes, and just barely his lips.

I swallow, and nod, looking down. Kevin smiles, and we continue to ride down the streets of Seoul, the silence occasionally broken by witty banter between the men and dirty jokes whispered so that I could barely catch the words.