the other best friend

drabble dump

Is it possible to have two bestfriends?

Yes, it is possible. Let’s take for an example an ordinary highschool student named Park Chanyeol.  

Indeed, the boy has befriended every students in their campus. With his everlasting smile and his cheerful attitude, it is no wonder that everyone likes him and accepts his friendship. He is like the star of the campus, constantly participating in events and helping in the organizations.

And, just like the star, Chanyeol has its own beautiful moon. The person who is always beside him. The person who shines as bright as him in the dark blue sky. The person who people admires the most. The person who he loves the most. The person who is named Byun Baekhyun.

But, love is a taboo word between best friends. So, instead of proclaiming his love for the older one, Chanyeol locked his feelings and enjoys the title of best friend instead.

 

“Hey, Chanyeol. Have you finished our Math homework?”

“Yeah, I finished mine.”

“Can I copy your answer?”

“Sure. That’s what best friends are for.”

 

“Hey, Chanyeol. Did you see that boy who fell on his ? Isn’t that funny?”

“Yeah.”

“You should have seen his face. It was hilarious.”

“….”

 

“Hey, Chanyeol. What is the name of your seatmate?”

“Ohh, her. Her name is Kim Taeyeon. Why?”

“Nothing. She just looks beautiful.”

“….”

 

“Hey, Chanyeol. What’s up? Why did you call?”

“I just want to spend time with my bestfriend. I just downloaded Into the Woods and I was planning to watch it. Care to join me?”

“Nah, man. That movie . And, I need to take Taeyeon to a dinner later.”

“….”  

 

A star can never twinkle beautifully without the help of the dark blue sky. The vast darkness of the sky gives the star strength to spark at night. Without the dark blue sky, there will be no star. Without Kyungsoo, there will be no smile on Chanyeol’s face.

He is the other best friend. He is the one who knows Chanyeol’s deepest, darkest secrets. He is the person whom Chanyeol runs to when life is too much to bear. He is the person who hugs Chanyeol with all his heart. He is Do Kyungsoo.

 

“Kyungsoo, can you help me with this Math homework?”

“Why? You finished yours, remember?”

“No. Baekhyun has another set. Please help me.”

“Fine.”

 

“Kyungsoo, are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine. I just fell a couple of flights on the stairs.”

“I’m sorry for not helping you.”

“It’s fine.”

 

“Soo, what do you think of Taeyeon?”

“She sings nice. She is also kind. Why?”

“Nothing. I just wanted to hate her. Is that fine?”

“No, it is not fine.”

 

“Kyungsoo, are you free tonight?”

“Yes, why? Do you want to watch some movies?”

“No. I just want to cry. Is it fine?”

“It’s fine.”

 

Chanyeol has two best friends as opposite as day and night. If Baekhyun is the cheeky boy, Kyungsoo is the silent one. If Baekhyun talks animatedly about girls, Kyungsoo talks serenely about books. If Baekhyun is the popular kid, Kyungsoo is the shy kid. If Baekhyun has known Chanyeol for six years, Kyungsoo had known Chanyeol ever since they are kids. If Baekhyun is the moon of the night, Kyungsoo is the unappreciated dark sky. If Baekhyun likes Taeyeon, Kyungsoo likes Chanyeol. But, they have one thing in similarity and that is Chanyeol.

Suprisingly, the two boys doesn’t know each other. They know their names since Chanyeol speaks about them with one of them but they never cross paths nor say a word to each other. But, today, it seems like they will cross paths and greet each other with a word they wanted to give to each other for a long time.

 

“Kyungsoo, have you seen Chanyeol?”

“He is at home. He got a cold.”

“I...Is he alright?”

“Yes, he is fine. I visited him and he is doing well. By tomorrow, he can go back to school.”

“Why didn’t he tell me?”

“Maybe, because you’re too busy with your girlfriend.”

Silence. Tension. Stares.

“Do you like Chanyeol?”

“I like him as my best friend.”

“Well, I like him as my best friend, too. So, stop acting like a and tell me if he is looking for me.”

“You’ve got guts to ask that question. Aren’t you the one who left him behind?”

“I didn’t left him. I am still his best friend.”

“Then, prove it.” Kyungsoo walks away from him. “And, by the way, he didn’t look for you. He needs just one best friend. A best friend who will be always by his side no matter what.”

 

It is the beginning of the war between the moon and the dark sky. They are fighting for the title of Chanyeol’s best friend. Or, was it for his love?

 

 

because im too nervous and i need to write smthng.