the maze

drabble dump

The hard surface beneath him gravitated the pain that was plaguing his head. His strength was all drained that he can’t even open his eyes to see his surroundings. A moan came out of his lips when the pain struck his head again, pulling him again on the hard floor.

With enough strength, Luhan clutched his head and tried to sit up from his position. Slowly, he opened his eyes, careful not to knock on the door of pain. What he discovered erased the pain he was feeling.

He was in an abandoned room with bodies lying everywhere with the same plain white blouse as he is wearing. Although the lightning in the area was dimmed, his face turned into a horrified one when he recognized the bodies scattered.

Eleven boys.

We are one!

Hearing a grunt from the other side of the room, Luhan turned to it, only to find a petite male slowly getting up from his lying position, his hands on his head as if experiencing the same pain as of Luhan’s. Ignoring the pain all over his body, he crawled towards the boy and stared at him in disbelief.

“Kyungsoo?”

The said boy turned to the sound with a bewildered look. “Luhan hyung?” he muttered. “What are you—Oh my god! Where are we? What happened to them?”

As soon as the depressed scream came out of Kyungsoo’s lips, the others started to move, grunt in discomfort and slowly rise from their position. With Luhan, Kyungsoo stared at the other boys who are slowly looking around with the same expression as him: confused.

Noticing the clothes they are wearing, Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at their stained clothes which is as same as he and Luhan are wearing.

Oh too much neoya your love
Igeon overdose

Overdose Era.

They are all wearing their Overdose attire. The last attire they wear on the stage as twelve. As one. As EXO.

“Where are we?” a questioned shriek came out from Junmyeon’s lips upon realizing the terrifying place they are in.

Before Luhan can explain, the lights was , blinding the twelve boys who are scattered around the place. Covering his eyes from the abuse of the lights, Luhan looked around the area.

They are in a basement.

Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae

Growl Era.

“Good evening, gentlemen!” a voice was heard around the basement. “Welcome to your new era!”

Grasping the situation, Yifan inspected the place to see the source of the sound. At every corner of the place, there were speakers attached on the wall. Joining with them are multiple surveillance cameras taunting their every move.

“You might be all confused, afraid and wondering where you are, why you are here and what are you doing. But, I want to advise you not to panic. This is just all a game.”

“A game?” Minseok asked softly to himself.

“Yes, Xiumin. This is just a game. But, with a little twist.” A menacing chuckle was heard from the speakers. “2012, you debuted as a group. 20xx, you will die as a group.”

Die. Death.

These are words that can rise panic, fear and death itself to the people who hear it. As expected, they all started to breathe in panic, searching around the place for an escape, patting their pants for a sign of hope. But, no. A game is not that easy to play.

“Let’s do this explanation fast, shall we? Like of movies and stories, you all need to get out of this place. Alive. Breathing. Healthy. And, in pieces. Every room has its own clue that will lead you to your salvation.” A pause. “Of course, it will not be easy. Traps, predators and incurable diseases are awaiting for you in every room. But, as I said, don’t worry. You can only face danger if you answer the question wrong, take the wrong path and lost each other. Think of this as a gift from us. With this maze, all of you might get closer.”

The words are dripping slowly from the speakers, crawling its way to the boys’ bodies and choking them with fear and panic.

“No questions?” There was silence. “Then, shall we start? Lights out!”

And, with that, the lights went out, blinding the boys and covering them with darkness. Still, the twelve boys stayed on their spot, not moving, afraid that a movement can end their life.

“Move, boys! You got twenty-four hours to get to the next place. If you failed to get there, you all might be the next prey of the lions. Good luck, boys.”

Still, the boys remained on their spot, mourning for their life and afraid of their death. As if the maze was taunting them, a loud growl was heard from a distance.

How can you run from the monster if you can’t see?

The first question.