Revision Techniques

xiuhanship's oneshot collections

“How the hell am I supposed to memorize all these notes?”

 

 

 

Luhan was cursing in a deep voice, messing his hair as he threw stacks of books on his bed. He just had his shower after having to stay in the hot and stuffy classroom, listening to that old woman in front of the class nagging and repeating everything she said. He’s having his Science exam the next day and his oh-so-kind teacher decided to only give his class a huge stacks of notes and books to revise. Not to forget, he is horrible at this subject.

 

 

 

Luhan’s loud grunt and cursing could be heard from the living room which caught his boyfriend’s attention. Minseok had just returned home from lessons too, but the amount of books he was carrying was half of what Luhan brought home early on.

 

 

 

 

“Oh? Luhan? What’s the matter?” Minseok peeked into the room and saw his boyfriend standing by the bed, staring at the piles of books and notes on his bed.

 

 

 

 

“Just some dumb notes and books for tomorrow’s stupid exam,” Luhan answered flatly, not even facing his boyfriend. At a glance, Minseok knew that his boyfriend had troubles studying those things on the bed that could burn the brains of humans. Normally when his boyfriend sees him after a long day from school at home, he’d hug him and pester him for kisses, though they are in the same school but different class.

 

 

 

 

Minseok knew that his boyfriend is frustrated and troubled at the moment, so he decided to make the first move this time.

 

 

 

 

Luhan felt a pair of fair and strong arms around his waist, followed by a kiss on his neck. Luhan relaxed at the touch of his boyfriend. Minseok drew circles with his fingers on Luhan’s stomach which Luhan could feel his skin tickle yet it was so comforting. Minseok rarely initiates skinship, but when he does, it never fails to make Luhan feels loved and his heart pumping against his ribcage rapidly.

 

 

 

 

Minseok withdrew his arm and stood in front of Luhan. He cupped the younger’s face with one hand and looked into his sparkling eyes, another hand holding onto Luhan’s hand.

 

 

 

 

“You are going to pass this damn exam and I am going to help you.” Minseok said in a strong and steady tone. He’s better than Luhan academically, while Luhan is better in performing arts.

 

 

 

 

“How? There’s so much to memorize! I don’t even think we could get any sleep!” Luhan blurted out and he took away his hands from Minseok’s.

 

 

 

Minseok was a little taken aback by Luhan because it’s is first time having this reaction. Although he did felt a little pang in his heart, he tried to hide it away from his boyfriend. He took his boyfriend’s hand once again, “Who said you’re not getting any sleep? Sleep is what you need the most, but of course, you’ll have to hug me to sleep.”

 

 

 

 

Minseok dragged Luhan to sit on the bed by his hands. Minseok took out a few sheets of paper which are filled with never highlights and coloured pen. He gave the papers to Luhan and told him to read them while he go to shower then they shall play a game.

 

 

 

 

“Yah Minseok ah, I don’t have time for games!” Luhan yelled while he stood outside the toilet reading the notes.

 

 

 

 

“JUST SHUT UP AND READ THOSE NOTES I HAVE COPIED AND I’LL TELL YOU ABOUT THE GAME!” Minseok yelled back louder. The water from the shower landed on the ground very quickly and non-stop, making it hard to make out what Minseok’s trying to say if he speaks softly.

 

 

 

 

A few minutes later, Luhan was greeted by a y male with wet hair and white V-neck shirt.

 

 

 

 

“I-I am do-done,” Luhan stuttered then swallowed his saliva hard, as if there was a lump in his throat. Minseok interlocked their fingers and lead him into the room. Luhan sat on the bed while Minseok sat facing him.

 

 

 

 

“Okay, so this game works like this, first I’ll ask you a few questions base on what you have read just now. If you answer one question correctly, I’ll give you a kiss. Is that fair?” Minseok explained with a smile, shooting his index finger up. “Only if you get it correct.”

 

 

 

 

Luhan was determined to get each and every single question correct. “Game on.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s go easy first. If a person had low blood sugar, suggest and explain what he could eat to bring up his blood sugar level in the fastest way.”

 

 

 

 

 

“He could have sweets or fruits because they contain lots of glucose that is able to enter directly into the blood stream of the person.” Luhan answered after having a few seconds to think. He answered as if he’s confident of his own answers but deep down, he’s afraid he would get the answer wrong and there goes one chance where Minseok could kiss him.

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok clapped with a bright smile on his face. Luhan beamed and chuckled, he was too happy that he got it correct. Minseok sure do know how to motivate his boyfriend…

 

 

 

 

“Close your eyes,” Minseok ordered. Luhan shut his eyes, his smile never left his face. He felt a kiss on the back of his palm.

 

 

 

 

That smile on his face dropped. He wanted something more. His eyes shot open, “Aren’t you going to kiss my lips?”

 

 

 

 

Minseok smirked, he knew his boyfriend would have this reaction. He loved teasing him. “Well, I said it’s a kiss but I didn’t say where I would kiss.” Luhan scoffed and decided to forgo this for a moment, he’ll wait, and he believes that his boyfriend would kiss him on the lips.

 

 

 

 

Many rounds of the game, Luhan got kisses on his cheeks, forehead, fingers, arms, palms, ears, but not his lips or neck. This frustrates him.

 

 

 

 

“Okay last round. It’s still early from bed time, we shall watch some dramas,” Minseok’s eyes scanned through the last page of his notes. His notes are precious, he had summarised them especially for Luhan during his recess break because he predicted that his boyfriend needs help in this subject.

 

 

 

 

“Predict what would occur if a person consumed too many antacid before having a meal.” Minseok put the paper aside and looked at his boyfriend, tilting his head and waited for him to answer.

 

 

 

 

“This is easy! If he consumed too much antacids before a meal, the protease in the stomach is unable to work because of the lack of acidic conditions, hence food is unable to mix well with the stomach juices,” Luhan smiled brightly after clicking his tongue. Minseok grinned while nodding his head.

 

 

 

 

“Since you got this correct, you shall pick an area for me,”

 

 

 

 

Luhan pointed his lips. Minseok was leaning forward but before he could place his lips on Luhan’s, his boyfriend pulled him in for a passionate kiss. Minseok wanted to pull away at first but Luhan tugged his hair, pulling him closer which caused Minseok to smile in the kiss.

They decided to let go. Luhan leaned his forehead onto Minseok’s while smiling. “Thank you baby, I love you.” And then, pecked him on the lips again.

 

 

 

 

They were too lazy to move so they cuddled in bed and ordered pizza delivery.

 

 

 

 

“You memorized well,” Minseok complimented his boyfriend while leaning on his chest and drawing circles. “You’ll do well for tomorrow.”

 

 


 

Author's note

I like how Xiumin expresses his love towards Luhan on concerts now like what the actual hell is he being so touchy and so near and playful towards Luhan ugh why do this.