#4 1/2

The Girl at the Back Chair

D.O's POV

"Do you work there?" I asked as I look straight to her eyes.

As I antcipated for her answer, my hands became cold and my heartbeat was going nuts. What if she said yes.. How should I react?! What should I do?! Wait a minute, why am I so nervous?! For pete's sake this girl is really, really something.. Silence filled the air..

 

"N-Nae" I heard hear answered very softly as she was looking on the ground. 

 

W-What? Is this girl, really a... Is that the reason why she doesn't speak to anyone.. Is it to hide her 'job' and what she really is?

 

"T-Then you're p-practically... selling your.. b-b-body?" I answered as my face turned red.

 

Suddenly, she looked at me and I saw that.. Her face was red too and her eyes were wide open.. She was surprised. She's showing me emotions little by little.

"A-A-Ani!! Y-You got the wrong i-idea. I.. I.. work there as a.. Ghost singer.." She said as she looked down on the ground again. I can tell that she's still embarrassed with what I say! I can't believe that I became such a ert for a moment.. Byuntae! Byuntae! Why am I thinking like that?! This girl looks very innocent and pure. Mianhae Sunny-ssi. But.. why is she still embarrassed.

"E-Eh.. Ghost Singer? Y-You mean the one who sings behind the c-curtains? I-I'm sorry for thinking something like that.. about you. Please forgive me." I said as I bowed to her.

"N-Nae. I-It's okay.. Y-You don't need to do that.. It's common to misunderstand a t-thing like that." She said nervously as she kept looking at the ground.  Why is she looking at the ground? Can't she talk to someone face to face?  Is she still embarrassed about what I found out?

"S-Sunny-ssi. A-Are you somehow embarrassed or ashamed of your j-job? There's nothing wrong with it--"

"A-Ani.. I'm actually.. E-Embarrassed talking t-to.. y-you." She said.

 

Wait.. What? What does she mean by that? She's embarrassed talking to me?! I can't seem to think why.. C-Could it be that she.. l-likes me.. Aish. Pabo! What am I saying?!

 

"W-What do you mean? I-I don't understand Sunny-ssi." I said a little confused.. It took a few minutes before she spoke again.. I was surprised with what she said after my question.

 

"D-D.O-ssi.. C-Can I trust you?" She asked..

 

She.. actually knows my name? I felt somehow happy for a moment but.. What's with the question? Will s-she open up to me? Nevertheless, I'm willing to take all the secrets she would tell me to the grave and swear to never tell a single soul about it.. Am I being delusional?

 

"Yeah. Sure. You can trust me." I said with the best smile I can show..

 

She took a very deep breath as she kept looking on the ground..

 

"I can't stand talking to anyone." She said.

 

With what she said I became even more curious to know her.. the real her..

 

"I can't understand.. What exactly do you mean Sunny-ssi?" I asked a little puzzled.

 

"I have a Social Anxiety Disorder; I am Glossophobic. I can't handle talking and conversing with others. I'm afraid to look at their eyes. I'm scared of speaking in public or in crowds. T-That's why I seem emotionless and mute.. I want to avoid starting a conversation with others... Every time I talk to someone I don't know well, I feel ill and throwing up. Sometimes, I feel like I'm about to pass out." She said with a soft, slow and melancholic voice..

 

I see. That's why.. That's why she doesn't talk or speak. It must've been hard on her carrying something like that and keeping all her thoughts, and feelings to herself.. Sunny-ssi.. You are such a strong person for holding something like this for your whole life..  Then the next things she said caught my attention again and.. broke my heart.

 

"B-But you know what.. Despite these fears.. I actually dreamed and wanted.. to have friends.. I've always wanted to belong.. I want to be  part of a group.. I want to share my secrets to someone. I wanted to have someone I can talk to about  hobbies, passion, dreams and everything under the sun.. I want someone to call me with a cute nickname or endearment. I want to go and sing with my friends in a karaoke, buy crepes and sweets, laugh on jokes,  and take strolls in different places with them by my side. But.. I know all these dreams will remain 'dreams'. I know that everyone thinks that I'm weird, crazy and even a creep. Everyone dislikes me. No one would want to be friends with me.. But, I have no one to blame but myself. I chose to be eaten by my fears andisolate myself from everyone. I closed my doors.. I guess it really to have these fears.. B-But.. I pray and believe that one day, God might actually give me a friend." She said as she started crying.

 

I don't know why but then I realized that it actually breaks my heart seeing her cry like this.. Without noticing tears started to roll from my eyes. Sunny... Please do not cry. I am here..

 

I stood up, and took a deep breath.

 

"Hi! I am Do Kyungsoo! You can call me D.O. Lee Sunny.. I would like for us to be friends." I said with a smile hoping that this might cheer her up. I finally said it. The thing I wanted to tell her.. I want her to know that no matter what I won't leave her.

 

She looked straight to my eyes as tears kept falling from her eyes. 

 

"T-Thank you very much Kyungsoo-ssi." She said as she smiled.

 

I saw her bright smile again. It would be better if she always wear that smile. It feels so warm and comforting. if only everyone could see her like this.. If only they could see the real her. 

 

I couldn't help it.. I suddenly embraced her. I want her to feel warm. I want her to stop crying.. I want her to be.. happy.

 

"Please, Sunny-ah.. Don't cry. I'm your friend. I'm here for you. I'll stand by you no matter what. I'll help you get over those fears that's holding you back. I'll help you make all those dreams come true. Just open your heart. Let me in.." I whispered to her.

 

Suddenly, s-she hugged me back.. W-Why.. Is my heart racing so fast?! Why am I like this?! What's this feeling? I can't understand..

 

Sunny-ah. W-What have you done to me? To my h-heart?



Author's Note

1st half of Chapter 4 is here!

Sorry if it took 3 days for me to update this.

I couldn't manage my time + I type very slow! Please forgive me! :3

I'll be updating often~ :3 

Thank you for reading~

Your comments are loved and appreciated~ <3

Keep them coming~ teehee

Please look forward for the next update~

Hello new subscribers~ I hope you're enjoying this~