#1

The Girl at the Back Chair

D.O's POV 

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I just realized that we will now start living in Seoul from now on due to my father's business. We lived in America for a while and I can say that it is good to be back in my hometown. Today I'll be starting my Senior Year in high school in Seoul Academy. Today, I'll start my new life..

I finished my morning routine and I bid farewell to my parents. I started walking when I heard a familiar voice from behind.

"Hey!" As I turned around, I saw once again, my old pal; Kim Jong In. 

"Hey! It's been a long time." I said as we highfived.

"Your eyes got bigger!" He said as he giggled.

"Yeah? You got darker." I said as I rolled my eyes. 

Our conversation filled with reminscing and laughter continued as we arrived at the campus. I asked Kai to go on for I was oriented that I would be introduced later in class. I'm fortunate that I'm in the same class as Jong In, I have someone I know and I wouldn't feel like a total stranger. 

I went to the faculty room and greeted the teachers and staff of the school. I was asked to stay for a while till the classes start. After a few minutes, I was asked by our homeroom teacher to come to class and introduce myself. I suddenly became nervous and felt chills. My hands are sweating and I can feel butterflies in my stomach. 

As I entered the room I don't know why but I heard some female voices gasping and giggling. I took a deep breath. 

"Hello. I'm Do Kyungsoo. Y-You guys can call me D.O! I hope to get along with all of you." I said stuttering.

Once I again, I heard some loud female voices cheering for me? I don't know. I noticed that all eyes are on me, except for the girl seated at the very back. Her eyes show no emotions at all. She's just staring blankly, as if she's thinking about.. nothing. Is she even aware of my presence? 

I came back to my senses when sonsaengnim asked me to sit beside a pretty girl with a bright smile. 

"Annyeong! I'm Bang MinAh! Nice to meet you D.O-ssi." She said with a cute voice.

"N-Nae. Annyeong." I replied shyly.

"Ahhh~ You are so cute." She whispered.

"Uhm. Excuse me?" I asked. I thought she said something.

"N-Nothing.. Just talking to m-myself. Hihi." She said as she smiled.


Break time came and Kai called me to introduce his group of friends.

"Ya! Kyungsoo. Meet my bros." He said as they walk near me. 

"Hey! the name's Chanyeol." Said by a tall guy with a big smile.

"Sup? I'm Sehun. Woah dude your eyes are big. Haha." Said by another tall guy.

"Hello! I'm Baekhyun!!!" Said by a cheerful guy.

:Hello. I'm Junmyeon. You can call me Suho. It's nice meeting you. D.O-ssi." A polite guy said as he offered his hand for a handshake.

I introduced myself and our conversation went on, and I would say that I suprisingly fit in this group. Suddenly, something caught my attention. I saw the girl stand up and went outside the room, still with no signs of emotion. Is that girl always like that?

"Hey, who's that girl?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Ohh~ You mean Bang MinAh? She's the most popu--" Kai said.

"No, I mean the one seated at the very back." I interrupted Kai.

"The weird and mysterious girl?! Ha. Her name is Sunny. Isn't it ironic?  her name's Sunny but you can't even see a sign of brightness or cheerfulness on her face. She's more like 'gloomy'. She doesn't have any friends and she's alone all of the time. She's weird don't go near her." Kai said.

"You sure know a lot about her. Do you have the hots for her?" Chanyeol teased.

"P-P-Pabo! I-I don't.." Kai said a little embarrassed? I don't know.

"It's because you always bully that poor girl you jerk!" Suho said.

"Huh? Why do you bully her?" I asked. I mean, why would he bully her? Did she do something wrong?

"I don't know, maybe because it's just fun? I don't know. Whatever." Kai said as he rolled his eyes.

"Grow up dark kid!" Baekhyun teased Kai.

"Ya! Who's dark?!" Kai shouted.

Then we all laughed throughout our talks. 


The last bell rang signaling the end of classes. Kai and the others asked me to go with them to the karaoke but I passed due to some files and papers I need to accomplish as a transfer student in this school. I went straight to the office and filled out some forms regarding my basic information. 

After some of couple of minutes I finished the papers but unfortunately it started to rain too. Luckily, I brought an umbrella. 

As I walk home, I saw the girl again but there's something different..

I saw her as she walk across the street towards some elementary students under a shed. She was talking to them but I can't hear anything due to the heavy rain. 

I thought that maybe one of them is her sibling. Suddenly, she handed them her umbrella and tapped their heads as she.. smile..

 

It's one of the brightest and most comforting smile I've ever seen...

Why is my heart beating differently? It seems too fast.

 

I was shocked with the next thing she did. She went walking in the rain as if it's not a problem at all..

I don't know why.. but I suddenly want to share my umbrella with her and.. walk her home to make sure she's safe..

Suddenly my mouth opened and nonchalantly called her name.

 

"S-Sunny-ssi.." I shouted.

 

She stopped for a moment. and slowly she looked at me.. Our eyes met, she was surprised and suddenly she averted her gaze..

I was about to say something when she ran away. She ran fast until I couldn't see her figure anymore..

 

"What a weird girl." I thought to myself and sighed.

 

There's something about her..

 

Yes. She's weird but..

 

I want to.. know more about her..



Author's Note

Woohoo! First chapter!! So how was it guys!! Is it boring? Is it bad? Is it okay? Tell me! Tell me! 

TEEEEEELLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Hahaha! Thank you for reading ((and subscribing))

2nd chapter will be up soon! 

Please look forward to it!! 

xx