#2

The Girl at the Back Chair

D.O's POV 

The next day, as Jong In and I walk to school I asked her few questions about the so-called mysterious-weird girl; Sunny.

"Ya, mind if I ask some questions?" I asked Kai.

"Sure. But about what?" He asked.

"About Sunny." I said.

"W-What about h-her?" He asked. Why is he stuttering? He must be guilty about bullying her. If he only knows how beautiful that girl is--. What am I saying?

"Is she always like that?  Alone and quiet? Not talking to anyone? Is she mute?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah. I guess. But she's not mute!! She's just quiet.. She has been like that ever since kindergarten.   B-But a little brighter before." He said frowning. He whispered the last words and I couldn't understand.

"You mean you two are classmates for a long time now?" I asked a little surprised.

"Yeah. She doesn't have any friends to talk or hang out with, and as far as I remember she never talked to me.. Not even once." He said a little annoyed. Wait a minute.. Does this guy..

"Hey, K-Kai.. Could it be.. that you like her?" I asked. But why am I anticipating for him to say no. Psh.

"W-What?! N-N-No!! I'll never like that girl!! She's not my type at all!! What are you saying Kyungsoo?" He said loudly.. more like shouting.. This guy.

"Woah! Woah! Chill dude! Okay okay! You don't like her. I get it." I answered as I chuckled. But there's something in the back of my mind telling me that he's lying. Whatever. I guess he just love pulling pranks on her. Bullying her

"W-What about you? W-Why are you asking questions about her? D-Do you like her?" He asked shyly.

"A-Ani.. Don't put it like that.. I.. I.. just want to be closer to her.. I want to be her friend." I said honestly.

"Ha! I'm telling that is impossible. She'll never to talk to you and will never show any emotions. It will take you centuries to make her speak." He said chuckling.

"Yeah? Then if I become her friend don't ever talk.. No, don't ever go near her okay?" I said 

"W-Wha.. Fine. Who would like to be with her anyway." He said as he laughed.

I'm determined. I'll be her friend and learn a lot of things about her. 


As we arrived in front of the academy's gate, I felt someone grabbed my hand. It was the girl seated beside me; Bang MinAh? As far as i remember.

"Annyeong D.O-ah~ Let's walk together to our classroom okay?" She said with a cute voice.

I couldn't utter a word and she started dragging me. I don't know why but I somehow felt irritated. I felt that some guys are glaring at me. If they like to be in my place, then with all pleasure please do replace me.

As we entered the room, I hurriedly directed my eyes at the back of the class, and she was there; staring blankly with no emotion as always. I was staring at her eyes when suddenly both our eyes met. She was in panic and rapidly averted her stare.

I wonder what's the real deal with her. She doesn't speak, she doesn't have friends, and she let everyone bully her. These thoughts made me more curious about her.

When homeroom started I made up my mind and raised my hand for a request.

"What is it Mr. Do?" Our teacher asked.

"Sonsaengnim, can I seat at the back?" I said and everyone gasped. I know that they might be thinking I'm crazy for wanting to seat beside Sunny, but I don't care.

"Why do you want to seat at the back? There's no available seat too." Our teacher countered.

"I'm actually farsighted and I'm having a hard time reading what's written on the board in my current place. Sonsaengnim, don't worry I can just transfer my chair and desk. So can I?" I said.

"O-Oh, okay. If that's the case, then you have my permission." She said.

"Kamsahamnida Sonsaengnim." I said as I bowed.

I know that everyone's eyes are on me because of my decision but if this is what it takes to get close to her. Then I won't let the chance slip.

As I carry my desk and chair MinAh suddenly grabbed my hands.

"Ya~ D.O-ssi. Don't you like me as your seatmate." She said while pouting. Which I find somehow.. cute.

"Ani. I think it's best for me to seat at the back due to my condition. I had fun being your seatmate for a day." I said with a smile.

"Arasseo. B-But be careful with that 'creep'. Okay?" She said as she pointed to Sunny. How rude.

"N-Nae." I answered.

After I moved my stuff, I talked to her and introduced myself, just in case she wasn't listening during the time I introduced myself on the first day. Which I think she didn't.

 

"Hi. I'm Do Kyungsoo. You can call me D.O! I hope to get along with you, seatmate." I said with a smile as I offered my hand for a handshake.

 

I was waiting for her to reach out hers but, instead she nodded and didn't even bother to look at me. This girl is really... something.


When the first bell rang, Baekhyun and the others called for me to eat lunch. I was hesitant to move away from my place for I am observing this girl, who doesn't even speak or laugh throughout the periods. I was wondering what she'll do or where she'll go on breaks. 

I went away from our place and I started eating lunch with Baekhyun and the others but Kai wasn't with us. I stole glances at Sunny and she's not even moving or eating.

When suddenly Chanyeol and his deep voice caught my attention.

 

"Hey, D.O. Do you like that girl?" He said as he pointed his finger to Sunny.

"N-No. I just want to be friends with her. By the way, Where's Kai? " I said.

"Uhh. There" Sehun pointed as he took a sip from his tea. 

 

I was surprised when I saw Kai walking towards Sunny's chair and I couldn't believe what he did to her.

He suddenly grabbed the notebook Sunny's writing on, her other stuff on the desk and threw on the ground and stepped on it.

 

"Woah. Sorry. Are these yours? I'm sorry I didn't see you there. It seems like you are invisible to everyone. like always." He said while laughing.

 

I suddenly felt the urge to punch him in the face, but I controlled myself and walked into the scene.

I helped Sunny pick up her things and I confronted Kai.

 

"Hey! Stop it! That's just rude--"

 

But before I could finish what I am about say.

 

"T-T-Thank  you." I heard a very soft and shy voice. 

 

S-She spoke?! I-I can't believe I finally heard her.. voice..

 

I was staring at her for some time when Kai's annoyed voice returned me to my senses.

 

"Aish. Fine. Whatever. I was just having fun." He said as he walked out of the room like nothing happened.

 

I was left mesmerized with everything that happened. When suddenly she went out of the room too. I was about to follow her when I remembered I have to apologize to Kai for the words I told him and I thought that maybe Sunny wants to be alone after what happened.

 

There's so much more to learn about her.. I'm looking forward to it!



Kai's POV

Ever since kindergarten, she already caught my attention and throughout the years, I realized that she also caught my heart.

I've never heard her voice, never see her laugh or smile, and never see... the real her.

I don't even know if she knows who I am. I'm not even sure if she's aware of my existence.

Despite that, my feelings for her never changed. 

 

That's why I started thinking about how she can notice me..

So, I started bullying her and pulling pranks on her.

I  thought that maybe one day if she had enough of my pranks.

I  can hear her say..

 

"Kim Jong In. Stop it! I had enough."

 

Lame? No, for me it would mean a lot.

I want to hear her call my name. Just for .. once.

 

I know she's not mute.. There's just something different about her..

But up until now, she doesn't even talk. or talk to me..

Every time I bully her, she doesn't respond or speak.

She would just keep quiet and let it pass..

 

But today.. It was different..


Why? Is lying necessary? I know him very well.. And I know that there's no way he is 'farsighted' There's nothing wrong with his eyesight.

 

I know he just wants to be friends with her..

 

But why is my heart aching like this?

 

He made her speak.. I never had a chance to do that. Not even once..

No.. I had a lot of chances but I let the slip.. Because I'm denying my feelings..

I'm afraid of admitting my feelings.

 

Why am I so scared.. Why am I so stupid.. to admit it to myself..

 

Sunny-ah. Why can't I just tell you that.. I care for you..




Author's Note!

Chapter 2 is here!! Yay!!

Guys I'm sorry if it was a little late :(

This should be published earlier but then the Heaven cried and the electricity went off.

Hahaha. Sorry!

So how was it?

Please do tell me if it's getting boring or something!!

YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED!!

SO PLEASE DO KEEP THEM COMING!!

kk~

Chapter 3 will be up soon! 

Maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow because I type very slow  :3

teehee 

xx