I Love You, You Idiot! (Part 4)

I Love You, You Idiot!

Clueless Love.

I couldn’t sleep properly last night. The image was haunting me.

I had to call Jenna.

“Hello?” Jenna picked up the phone, but sounded tired.

“Jenna, it’s Jess,”

“Oh hey, how did it go last night?”

“Um…that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. Can we meet up today for breakfast or something?”

“Um, yeah sure.” I looked at the clock.

7:03am.

“Let’s go to that café near uni, I’ll be there in around 30 minutes.”

We agreed and then hung up.

At 7:30, I was already at the café. I was browsing through the menu when the seat in front of me moved and someone sat down.

“Okay, now talk.” Jenna got straight to the point. She looked tired.

“Sorry, about this,” I began “but something happened yesterday…”

“What?” Jenna sounded interested

“Ummm, I’m not entirely sure, but Changmin left before his shift ended, he told his manager he felt ill.”

“Really? Is he okay?”

“I…I don’t know, but before he left he was looking at us and there was an expression on pain on his face. It really hurt my heart.”

“Pain?” Jenna thought about what I had said, “Oh my God,” she grinned, “He’s not as stupid as I thought.”

“…What?” I was confused about her reaction.

She got up out of her chair quickly and pulled me up. “We are going.”

“Ehh?!” She dragged me out the door and into her car. “Where are we going?”

“To fix this.”

And, that’s all she said until we arrived our destination.

Changmin’s apartment.

“What?! Why? Are we here?”

“Let’s go in,” she ignored my question. She rang his apartment bell.

“Mmm…” a voice groaned through the speaker.

“Wake up Changmin, it’s Jenna. I need to speak to you now.”

“…Can’t you come back later? I…I feel ill…”

“Stop lying and open the door, you’ll regret it if you don’t.”

“…Urgh, fine. Come up.” Then the door buzzed.

Opening it, Jenna gestured for me to step inside. Then she closed it behind me, leaving herself outside.

“Aren’t you coming?” I was really confused.

“Stop being dense, “ she told me,

Wow, she sounded like Yunho…

“Go up, you’ll thank me for it later.” She smiled and waited for me to walk up the stairs, before she got back in her car.

I sighed and made my way to the third level.

Room 302.

I knocked and the door opened.

“Jenna, I told you-” He stopped once he saw me

“Hi” I said awkwardly,

“Why are you here?” He said coldly,

Ouch.

“Can I come in?” He pondered for a moment, and then sighed.

“Sure.” He opened the door wider. I walked in and he shut the door behind me.

We sat on his couch in an awkward silence.

After five minutes of silence, he broke it by repeating his question. “Why are you here?”

I blinked and watched his actions. He was so distant. “I’m just worried…yesterday,” I saw him scoff at the word “he left work early, are you okay?”  

“I’m great. Just fine.” He voice as filled with sarcasm.

Suddenly, my phone rang.

I picked it up, “Hey Yunho,” I saw him tense at the name. “Um, yeah I’m fine. Can I call you back later?...Yeah, just got something to do. Bye.”

Once I ended the phone call, Changmin resentfully said “So Yunho huh?”

“Um yeah…”

“You guys make a great couple. He sounds okay. But are you sure he’s right for you? He seemed arrogant yesterday. I didn’t think you went for that type of guy.“

I blinked, “Why are you attacking Yunho?” I was shocked at his tone of voice. “Yunho is really nice and he’s not arrogant. Don’t make presumptions.”

Changmin laughed bitterly.

“You must really like him.” He muttered, but it sounded like he was reinforcing the idea to himself.

“What’s wrong with you?” His attitude was really annoying me at the moment, my worry for his welfare was being replaced with anger. “You and I haven’t spoken properly in ages. We grew apart. And you have the nerve to mock a friend.”

“A friend, pft.” Changmin stood up “admit it!”

“Admit what?” I stood up too.

“Admit you like him!” He finally spat out.

“What? Why? What does it matter to you?” My voice rising at each question.

“Of course it matters! I like you!”

I blinked.

“You what?!”

“I like you. I like you. I like you.” He sat back down.

“Since when?”

“I don’t know, I realised it yesterday.”

“That’s…that’s not possible.” I sat down. “This is not right…”

“I know, you’re in love with Yunho.”

“No! This is all backwards?”

“Backwards?” He stared at me.

“I love you. Why do you like me?” I was trying to figure it out, I didn’t even notice how his facial expression changed, as I continued to rant. “I was worried you were sick yesterday. You left early. They told me you were sick-”

I was cut off when Changmin hugged me.

“You love me?” He whispered into my shoulder.

My eyes widened, as my mind reminded me of what I had said.

“I do.”

“But,” Changmin broke the hug and pulled back “what about Yunho?”

“I told you we’re just friends.”

“But yesterday, it looked like you were on a date.”

I shook my head, “Truthfully, it was just an act to make you jealous.” I confessed “Besides, he has a thing for Jenna.”

Changmin sighed in relief, “It worked, I was so jealous. Thank God, it was all an act.”

“I’ve liked you for a long time now, and I just wanted…” I drifted off, blushing at the thought of my wishes.

Changmin smiled for the first time today, “Jess?”

I turned to him, “Yes?”

He leaned in and kissed me. His lips were soft and warm. I had finally found the love I was yearning for all these years.

Breaking apart, I giggled softly.

“What?” He his lips.

“I’ve wanted to do that ever since high school.”

“Wow, that is a long time, so I guess I shall have to make it up to you.” He kissed me again, but this time with more passion.

We broke for air, with our foreheads resting on each other. “God, I’ve been so blind for years.” Changmin realised, “but now I shall make it right...Jess will you be my girlfriend?”

This time I smiled, and kissed him.

Yes. 

--------------------------------------------------

A/N: Finally. Done! Sorry if it seems fast paced/rushed. But Changmin is cute! <3

Comment?

aliceeyychan