I Love You, You Idiot! (Part 2)

I Love You, You Idiot!

Fake Date.

Needless to say, but after that realization I had really screwed up our relationship. I avoided him. And it wasn’t a smooth thing. It was more like ‘I see him…MUST RUN!’.

More than once I had run into an unsuspecting pole, stranger and/or wall.

I really needed to work on that.

Well, at the tender age of 21, and at my last year of university degree, I had finally decided to give it my all…and then give up.

…BUT then again, I said the same thing…last year...and the year before…and well, every year since I’ve fallen for him.

I’m in trouble.

---------------------------------------

“Jenna! Help me!” I ran up the hallway of the science labs. “I’m too uncoordinated to pull of something like this.”

“What does your lack of graceful ability have to do with anything?”

“I dunno, I was hoping it would give me some sort of excuse.”

“Aish,” she sighed, “I knew you come up with some bad excuse, and chicken out. Good thing, I know you so well, I planned a date already for you.”

“You did what?!”

“I arranged the date…it just so happens that there’s this guy who owes me this favour.”

“You didn’t?”

“I did. He’s picking you up from your place. Friday. 8pm sharp.”

Friday? But that was…

“Yes, Friday. Don’t chicken out. He’s taking you to Changmin’s job at that new bar/club thing. So wear something y…but not too revealing.”

“But-”

“No buts, his name is Yunho. He happens to be a sweetheart. He knows the deal, so be nice.”

“How in the world did you get him to cooperate?”

“That’s for me to know, and you to never find out.”

This idea was completely outrageous.

But I’m desperate

---------------------------------------

DING DONG.

“Hello,” Yunho was actually quite the looker. I don’t know how she got him to agree.

“Hi…” I was slightly nervous; I was wearing my favourite dress a pale pink with a few accessories.*

“Wow, you do look great.” That last part sounded like a side comment.

“Uh, thanks.”

“Shall we get going?”  He held out his arm,

“Sure,” I linked my arm into his.

We walked up to his car, nothing overly fancy. A silver Toyota Prius.

Once we were buckled up I asked the question I’ve wanted to ask ever since he got there.

“Why?”

“Why what?” He asked, pulling out of the parking spot.

“How did Jenna convince you to help me with this?”

He smiled softly, “You and I are a lot alike.”

“Really?” I replied, wondering what he was talking about.

“Jenna and Changmin are cousins, right?”

I nodded, pondering what that had to do with anything.

“Well, they share blood and thus, similar traits.”

I was waiting for him to continue, but he didn’t say anything.

“What does that mean?”

He chuckled, “You’re a bit dense too, aren’t you?”

I didn’t know whether to be offended or not.

“No offense,” he continued, “I meant, that I’ve been in love with Jenna ever since university began, and she walked in late, with that sheepish smile.”

“Oh…” I said, sinking into my chair.

“When she asked me for a favour…and then began asking about a date, I thought she meant ‘me and her’, but then she said it was all for a close friend.”

Oh God.

Jenna is dense. Sending the guy that likes her, on a date with her best friend.

“I’m sorry…” I wasn’t entirely sure why I said it, but it seemed fitting.

“Nah, it’s not your fault. I just wanted to get close to her.” He shrugged,

 

After that we spoke about random things, birthdates, siblings, favourite things, etc. Surprisingly, it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. He was very easy to talk to. 

“We’re here.”

Club Max.

---------------------------------------

Stepping into the bar, the music was loud, and the people looked quite drunk already.

Wrapping an arm over my shoulders, Yunho guided me to a table near the bar.

He leaned in, closer to my ear, “So which one is he?”

I looked over at the bar staff, and the one furthest away caught my eye.

I spoke into his ear, “The one over there, near the dj in the bar.”

“The one serving that girl with the big s.”

I looked to see the girl, “Yeah, yeah that one.”

I saw the girl; she looked like a hooker, in the short and two-sizes too small dress.

I sighed. I don’t have a chance. What am I doing?! I’m soo pathetic.

I guess Yunho saw the look on my face. “You’re gorgeous, and once he realizes you’re here with me, he’ll been completely jealous.”

“Because you such a looker?” I teased

“Because I’m such a looker.” He grinned. “Oh come on, it’ll be fine. If he doesn’t want you, he’s an idiot.”

I laughed, “You sounded almost gay just then,”

He laughed as well, “Sorry to disappoint, but I’m straight. And I happen to be in love with your best friend.”

I mock sighed. “I’ve always wanted to be friends with a gay guy…”

“Well, that dream will have to wait.” He held out his arm, and gestured for me to take it. “You have to capture this dream first.”

I took his arm, and took a deep breath.

Well…here goes nothing.

---------------------------------------

A/N: Well, that took forever to write…lol, but tomorrow is Changmin’s birthday so I had to write something. XP

Hope you liked it!

aliceeyychan

*http://www.asianfashion-wholesale.com/1303-5299-thickbox/korean-fashion-cute-sophistication-party-dress.jpg