Chapter 1

Somewhat Love

 

Luhan stood in the center of the campus of the new university that he would soon be attending, feeling undeniably small. 

Viewing the campus through a brochure was one thing, and actually being here was entirely another. Sure, he'd expected a large quadrangle but this was of porportions he never even dreamed of. Not to mention the thousands of potential students striding the majority of the lot like they knew exactly what to do or where to be, when he was simply standing there blocking the walkway with his mouth hanging wide open. 

The first day of university would officially begin tomorrow, but they had allowed new students to transfer their belongings to the dorms the night before. To say Luhan was lost was a complete understatement. 

He pulled out the map he had recieved in the main office, along with a list of rules and regulations and other information to be put into effect starting tomorrow. Luhan squinted at the map, trying to pinpoint his location. The dorms would be located just outside of campus, beyond the west wing. But where was he? He had no clue. 

Luhan stared at the map with so much force he was amazed he hadn't burned two holes through it. Running his hand through his hair in frustration, Luhan ran his eyes over the tall buildings and structures. 

He was lost. Completely and utterly lost. 

Sighing, he approached a guy in a gray hoodie who looked as if he was a freshmen too, to ask for help. " Hi, I'm Luhan and I was wondering if you could help me out here--"

"No." The stranger responded flatly. 

"Excuse me?"

Luhan was about to continue on when another boy with perfectly tanned, glowing skin ran up to the boy in the gray hoodie. Luhan gaped at his handsome features. "Sehun, we gotta go. Kyungsoo's already waiting up at the dorms." Then, noticing Luhan, "Who's this?" 

"No one. Let's go," he replied, before turning away and walking in the opposite direction alongside his friend. 

Luhan glared daggers into Sehun's (that was his name, wasn't it?) backside. Silently cursing him Luhan pulled out his map again, only to be violently out of his thoughts when someone ran into him. 

"Oh my god, I'm sorry!" 

Luhan groaned, sprawled across the concrete walkway. He sat up, about to tell him off, when the guy spoke first in frantic tones. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I swear I didn't see you! It's just that I'm lost and panicking and I have no idea where I am." The guy held out a hand to help Luhan up. "My name's Minseok by the way." 

Luhan couldn't help but smile at Minseok's sincerity, his annoyance completely forgotten. "I'm Luhan." He accepted Minseok's hand and pulled himself off the ground. "I'm lost too." 

"We can find the dorms together then. Where are you supposed to go?"

Luhan took out the packet of information he had recieved earlier (with some difficulty). "Block 3, Room D." 

"Perfect! I'm in Block 3, Room A. We'll be going to the same place." 

Luhan smiled. Minseok seemed nice. He would have a friend here. After a few moments of fumbling, the two seemed to find their bearings and continued the walk to the west wing of their new university campus. Minseok started up a conversation. 

"So, Luhan. Where are you from?" 

"China. I lived in Beijing with my parents." 

"That's so cool! I love Chinese food." 

Luhan laughed, their small talk filling up the time it took to arrive at the dorms. When they finally managed to find the building they would be staying at, they could only stand and gape. Minseok's eyes widened, giving him the impression of a dumpling--or so Luhan thought. 

For the most prestigious university in South Korea, the dorms were not bad. In fact, they were stunning. All the buildings had a clean, modern feel. Bright lights shone from inside, which could only mean that some of their roommates had already arrived. Huge windows revealed bits of the living room, furniture already in place. Luhan had a feeling he would like it here.