Don't Get So Close -

Where The Demons Hide

"That was pretty harsh of Instructor Kim. . " Boram bit at her apple, munching it hungrily. "I don't blame him for acting that way. . 
 Hyomin sounded rather disturbed than humbled. "Yeah, you'll need to get all this food back in your stomach." Soyeon scooped some of her cold rice grits onto Hyomin's tray compartments and also gave some from Eunjung's. Qri pushed her whole tray of untouched food towards Hyomin, nodding her head to tell her to eat.

"Hey !" Eunjung watched Soyeon plop the mush onto her tray. Soyeon chuckled "You don't need this, besides you look like you can flip a bulldozer if you wanted to." Hyomin smiled apologetically at Eunjung "Th-thanks."

Jiyeon put her metal spoon down on the tray and looked at each member with this odd concern. Eunjung looked at her curiously "Why do you have that stupid look on your face ?" Hyomin frowned at her aswell "Yeah, you haven't really spoken. since shooting practice."

- 6 hours ago -

"Private Park, I want you to put all these firearms back in the weapon storage racks. And make sure that you put all the automatics and semi-automatics in correct order. Now go ! Pronto !" Instructor Kim pointed at all the guns just laying flat on the training grounds.

"Yes sir." She gave an unethusiastic salute and grudgingly made her way to pick up the heavy firearms.

The racks were placed just near the higher rankings offices and latrines. Jiyeon quickly moved back and forth, lugging the guns with aching arms. The door of the office remained closed, but she could hear muffled voices just beyond the maple door. It was her 4th round dragging herself to put the M16 Extended Mag guns back into the weapon storage, until a familiar booming voice shouted

"NO !"

Jiyeon''s heart skipped a beat from the abrupt voice. Her pace slowed, hearing the sound of chairs screeching on the ground.

"YOU CAN'T MAKE THEM DEPART YET ! THEY'RE MERELY READY TO BE IN THE BATTLEFIELD !" Jiyeon could hear angry rants projecting from the office.

"Sergeant Kahi, this is a order made from officials. Halting this will only make the matter worse. Don't you agree ?" The lieutenant's calm voice casted out beyond the door. Jiyeon stood in place in front of the closed door, listening to the conversation intently.

"THE SOLDIER'S WILL JUST DIE, WHAT'S THE POINT ?!" Sergeant Kahi's voice was enraged. just like when she lectures the weak recruits.

"We just need something to hold the rebels back more. We cannot afford to waste time ! Live or die. it doesn't matter ! We still have a chance of victory. . " The lieutenant sighed back.

. . . A long dragged out silence was the only thing left after his words.

"I don't understand this ing country." Sergeant Kahi worded in a raspy voice. before opening the door and startling Jiyeon.

"Soldier, what are you doing ?" She looked down at Jiyeon with obvious worry.

"Uh. . Pu-putting the firearms back in the storage racks, ma'am. . " Jiyeon hesitantly replied, holding up the M16 guns.

"As you were then. . " Sergeant Kahi gently grabbed the bill of her military cap and bowed slightly. She then watched the tall woman march her way out of the hall, mumbling with pure disgust in her voice.

---

Eunjung felt shivers creep into her skin, but a smile curled into her lips.

"So. . so does that mean we're departing soon ?" She asked, the smirk still remaining on her face. "I guess so. . but I don't even think we're ready to go." Jiyeon sighed, worriedly looking at her squad with dark crimson eyes.

"They're obviously using us as a distraction." Soyeon shook her head in dismay. Qri looked at everyone carefully, trying to get a clear look at their now distraught faces. She fiddled at the ends of her hair, which her spilled on her side of the table. "Do you guys think you can survive ?" The squad looked at her with dim eyes, eventually looking away to think about what's going on in their heads.

Boram nervously chuckled "Uh. . uhm, it's okay ! It'll be alright. . As long as we have eachother, I'm sure we'll be fine !" Her voice sounded cheerful, but there was definitely some doubt mixed with it. "Right. . you sound pretty unsure too." Eunjung sneered at Boram, who just puffed one of her cheeks.

Soyeon shook her head, trying to erase any future thoughts "It'll be fine. We'll be okay."