Chapter 3

Letters to Heaven

“I’m trusting you not to kill him in the process.”

The boy looked at his team leader, “ Yes sir.”

The team leader sighed, “ You’re a talented kid, don’t waste that potential away.”


Jongup sat the porch of his aunt’s house, waiting for the school bus to arrive. He was not anticipating this, he was going to a public school after years of private tuition and being home-schooled. Supposedly it was going to be a wild rollercoaster ride as he heard from his friends that went to the public schools in their area.

How fun.

The two brothers from next door were standing along the road, wearing the same uniform as his. Jongup contemplated on asking them their names and what year they were in but gave up on that thought since he was too comfortable to move from where he sat. However, the two brothers had the same thought as him and walked towards him.

“Hi, I’m JunHong. We’ve never seen you in these areas before, where are you from?” The taller kid asked. Jongup was going to ignore them when his aunt came out of the house.

“ Jongup, nice to see you making friends with the neighbours. JunHong, Yongguk nice to see you again, Jongup here doesn’t talk much but I’m glad to see him making an effort,” his aunt blabbered. Jongup internally groaned, no he did not want to make friends with them and he did not want to make an effort to do anything here. “He’s from Seoul and he hasn’t been here before, would the both of you mind bringing him around the area afterwards?”

Before anyone could reply, Jongup stood up suddenly and plastered on a fake smile on his face, “ Oh look, the bus is here. Gotta go bye.”

Jongup took this chance to escape the three of them and ran towards the bus.

Jongup stood at the entrance of the bus as everyone stared at him before going back to whatever they were doing. He walked towards the empty seat beside a hooded guy to avoid the two brothers.


“We have a new student from Seoul, please welcome him warmly.”

“Hi, I’m Jongup, Moon Jongup.”

“Aren’t you the son of Moon JongHwa?” “Oh my God, you’re from Luna Corps.?” “What’s a rich bastard like him doing in this school?”

The question he was going to avoid the entire time here. Jongup thought that no one would notice or recognize him as his father’s son, not in these parts of the country.

Jongup forced a smile on his face, “ Yes, I’m Moon JongHwa’s son and, excuse you, I’m not a rich bastard. I don’t wish for any special treatment from anyone.”

“Alright then Mr. Moon, you may sit next to Mr. Jung there at the corner.”

The temperature of the classroom seemed to have gona down for a while as the other students whispered amongst themselves. Jongup walked towards his table, oblivious to the whispers of others.

Jongup looked at the figure beside him, it was the same guy that he sat next to on the bus. The hooded figure was fast asleep on the table top, oblivious to his presence.

“Jung Dae Hyun, wake up!” the teacher screeched as she turned her back towards the students.

Oh so that was his name.