Hallucination

Protecting You, Killing Me

Dong Ho

Today was officially the last day in New York City, yet I had no desire to roam the streets anymore and instead, wished to stay in the hotel room to Skype Sera. Unfortunately, it was a Tuesday- meaning that Sera had school. Taking advantage of the few hours I had before she came home from school and could reach her laptop and internet, I left the hotel room.

I didn’t want to hang with the guys, thus leading me to have to sneak past their rooms. I headed out of the hotel and hailed a taxi (that was expensive- compared to the ones in Korea, a whooping 15 cents difference). The taxi drove me around for a bit and drove past a familiar building.

It was Sera’s high school apparently. She had sent me pictures and I had sent her pictures of my college campus. It wasn’t big in her eyes- maybe because New York City had high schools bigger. I smiled at the thought of her, sitting in a classroom and staying focused. (Not that I was intending to be a creep or anything- I was just passing by).

Before long, I headed back to the hotel room and flopped down onto my bed, tapping the sky blue button. Just like the other days, we spent a good couple of hours speaking before she hung up as it was time for dinner.

The moment she hung up, a knock was sent to my door and I opened it to see Jun. With a smile drawn across his face, he stepped into my room. Taking a seat on the chair (I’ve never bothered to sit on) he faced me.

Dropping the pocket watch on the desk, I flinched.

 

 

Sera

I couldn’t get any sleep. I couldn’t even eat dinner properly. I was sure I had the appetite before I sat down at the dining room table- but in a spur of a second, I lost all my appetite and I found myself- sullen. Even my parents questioned me (and as hard to believe as it was, even Tyler questioned me). I couldn’t provide any answers for their questions and instead, I lied saying I was tired.

Maybe I really was tired. Or was it that it was Dong Ho’s last day here in New York? Was that why I was so sullen? Maybe I had hopes of meeting him in person and somehow, I feel disappointed by it. By the fact I never got to see him in person.

Deciding that I was just tired and I was probably over thinking things, I finished my homework and headed to bed, closing my eyes and hoping to get some sleep. I slipped into bed at ten and about three hours later, I’m still tossing and turning- aggravated by my lack of sleep.

Slipping out of bed and heading to the bathroom to wash my face, I turned the faucet on, letting the warm water run first, then switched to cold to wake me up and then put me back to sleep. It was odd- my way of thinking. The cold did help me sleep a bit better. In hot places, I’d probably faint before I slept.

Splashing the cold water onto my face (no- not like the commercials), I held myself up by holding onto the sides of the equally cold sink and looked up at the mirror for a brief second. A glint of blue was what I saw and to make matters worse- it seemed as if my eyes were magically blue. Doubling back in shock, I noticed how my eyes were back to their original shade of brown.

Way to go. I was hallucinating now. If I was hallucinating from tossing and turning for three hours, I couldn’t imagine how bad it would be when I head to school. I’d probably get killed before I made it to school at this point- granted by a car or what not.

Shaking my head, I forced myself back down the halls into my room to fall asleep. After possibly another hour of tossing and turning and then finally, looking at a few pictures of Dong Ho (not to be creepy) I finally felt a sense of relief and fell asleep.

I felt fine in the morning, not forgetting the fact that I was tired. Sure, I felt a bit tired- but I didn’t hallucinate (at least I hope I won’t on my way to school). I had that strange sense of nervousness that was growing stronger every moment and I had suddenly become very reluctant to go to school. I knew that my mother wouldn’t let me stay home either way and forced myself on, out of the building and to the bus stop.

I survived four periods of school and had another four to go. Heading to my fifth period, I took a seat at my usual spot in the back of the classroom and I felt even more nervous. I didn’t like this and I felt an overwhelming amount of pressure.

I forced myself to stare at the board (though I wasn’t learning anything in my distracted state). My heart rate continuously increased, going faster and faster. Suddenly- all the nervousness I’ve felt disappeared. Everything disappeared and I felt fine.

It was only momentary though.

 

Xander

I found myself in the mist of confusion. The auras around me had changed drastically and within time- or rather minutes, I knew more change was to come. My early phone call from Kibum didn’t help (long distanced calls aren’t cheap).

“Xander, do you know what happened?” His call was in the middle of the night and it didn’t help that I was sleeping. Groaning into my pillow, he continued. “Xander, you must know what happened. I can sense that it’s happening in your side of the world- the auras have moved- they’re all in New York now.”

“Are you sure?” I asked, sitting up in my bed quickly. I clicked the bedside lamp and stared at the wall in front of me. Without waiting for Kibum’s reply, I could sense the answer. “I feel it too.”

“Do you have any idea who the other time traveler is?” Kibum questions as I run my fingers through my crazy bed head. “By the way, Soohyun tells me you gave the necklace to a time traveler. Or at least, planned to.”

“No, to the first question- though I have a hunch and yes to your statement. I gave the necklace to a time traveler.”

“Do you even know who the time traveler is? He could be a potential harm to us!”

“Calm down- it’s a her by the way.” I state.

“Oh wow, that totally makes it better because apparently females aren’t capable of destruction.” His voice is sarcastic and I pinch the bridge of my nose, questioning the gods and asking if I was really easy.

“Listen- all I know is that she’s definitely on Dong Ho’s side. If she comes over- we’ll be able to learn more about their situation and then we can decide what to do with her.”

“Oh please. You’re too soft-hearted, Xander. You wouldn’t be able to kick her out even if you tried your so called best. Besides, how can you be so sure that she’s on Dong Ho’s side? Plus, how can you be so sure that Dong Ho’s the good guy here?” All his accusing questions cause me to interrupt him.

“I’m not.” I answer truthfully. “You know me though. I help the people who need it. Besides- she’s definitely on his side. Her patterns are similar to Dong Ho’s. They both don’t remember a single thing about traveling back in time.”

“That’s just an assumption. I’m sure all time travelers can do it. Maybe it’s even called acting?”

“I’m an actor- I can tell the difference. They really have no idea about their past- well it’s hard to say now, seeing that their auras have gotten immensely stronger. I mean- someone’s did.” I blurt out in hopes of calming Kibum down and to keep him off my back.

“I swear, Xander. I should’ve gone to America myself! You’re so unreliable.”

“Chill. Besides, you haven’t spoken English for a while now. Let’s not even think about you getting lost in a country like this.”I hear a sigh on the other side of the line.

“I’m sorry for calling you in the middle of the night, but this sudden change- caught me off guard. I’m just worried about this sudden break out of power coming from your side. I want to make sure everything is alright. I don’t want our place to get damaged.”

“It’s alright. I understand. Let me get some sleep and I sort things out when it turns to day in America.”

So here I was, pacing around my hotel room with my luggage all packed and ready to go when it suddenly dawned on me- I needed to stay for another couple of days. I headed back down to the lobby and arranged to stay for another few days, watching my poor credit card get swiped and hearing the money in my bank account slip out.

I’m crying inside.

After I get everything sorted out, I head back up to my room and bump into the members of Pollux. They’re all confused and impatient.

“Xander! Have you seen Jun or Dong Ho?” Sunggyu questioned as he left N in charge of knocking the door to Dong Ho’s hotel room.

“I haven’t. I haven’t seen them since yesterday.”

“That’s odd.” Sunggyu frowned as he stared down at his watch. “I don’t know about Dong Ho, but the rest of us and Jun have to be at the airport by ten this morning. Checking in and everything.”

“The managers don’t want to wait any longer and Jun- that irresponsible maknae isn’t responding to our calls!” N frowns as he continues to knock on the door (more like pounding now). “I think we should file a missing person/people report.”

They must be up to something.

“Don’t. I’ll go around looking for them. I’ll find Jun in time and bring him to the airport for you guys, okay? They probably went to revisit some places we’ve gone to.” I declare and they looked at me with hopeful eyes.

“Alright, but make sure Jun gets to the airport on time! We’ll take his luggage for him so you don’t need to stop by the hotel first. See ya.” The rest of Pollux quickly hurried over to the elevator as I stood in the halls, planning out my next step.

I promised them that I’d find Jun. Just where?

 

 

 Sera

The nervousness I felt throughout the whole night to a moment ago, stopped. The moment I felt the churning in my stomach disappear and when my eyebrows relaxed, the door to my classroom was slammed open and someone fell through.

My classmates craned their necks to see who it was and so did I. I couldn’t see much as I was situated in the back, but I realized my body was foreshadowing that something bad was happening. The person who had fallen to the floor got up, slowly and in a seemingly drunk state, grasping his sides and panting from what I assumed- was running.

I got a clear view of who it was.

No.

His bangs covered bits of his eyes messily as his eyes wandered the room. His clothes looked dirty and so did he. His arms, legs, and face seemed to be covered in dirt and- blood.

“Dong Ho...?” I whispered in disbelief. His eyes met mine and he collapsed to the ground, causing me to get up from my seat and rush over to him.

The whole class was watching and I was left in confusion. Why- why was Dong Ho covered in blood? Why was Dong Ho here? Why?

“So...Li.” He panted, grabbing my wrist as if he was afraid I’d leave. Something inside of me made me feel- angry, but in my current state and thanks to the atmosphere my classmates created, I felt scared.

“What are you doing here?” I questioned, my throat dry. “You were supposed to go back to Seoul today.”

“Sera, what is this nonsense about?” My teacher stepped up, looking worried and scared despite her angry tone of voice. “Do you know him?”

“I-.” I was cut off.

“Li... he’s coming for us. For the book.” Dong Ho spits out, trying to sit up as he wiped the blood from the edge of his mouth.

“What are you talking about?” I was confused about the way he was speaking. “Li? I’m not Li. I’m Sera. Dong Ho, let’s get you some help first- you’re not doing well.”

“No, you’re...” My ears buzzed and I couldn’t hear anything he was saying.

“What’s happening?” I whispered as I stared at Dong Ho, suddenly immensely afraid of everything.

“That’s it!” My teacher stomps her foot, hurrying over to the phone. “We’re going to have to call the security.”

“I’m afraid that’s not possible.” Another voice interrupted. All the heads in the classroom snapped at the direction of the doorway.

 

 

A/N: Who do you guys think the voice came from? It was supposed to be interesting this chapter, but I guess I cut it short because I found this a good stopping point. I can't write much this days (motivation isn't that great so comment please!). I've also been busy, but I guess I choose to write instead of doing my work xD.