007

Fate Often Mistook

“Let’s play!”

 

“Nah, I’m so tired.”

 

“Let’s sleep, shall we?”

 

Taehyung was awakened by the faint voices of his classmates. He immediately sat down and looked around, but his head suddenly felt hurt once he moved. Taehyung let out a soft groan.

“Oh, Taehyung-ah! You’re awake?” Seokjin who was sitting with his back facing Taehyung immediately turned around and sat beside Taehyung. Taehyung slowly nodded and pressed the sides of his head.

Seokjin smiled when Taehyung did so and he caressed Taehyung’s back. Taehyung figured a faint small smile and he said, “What time is now?”

“Oh,” Seokjin muttered. “It’s ten. You fainted after drinking that much,” and Taehyung immediately felt shy.

“That’s okay,” Seokjin chuckled. “At least you did because you wanted to help Hoseok, right?”

Taehyung immediately looked away when Seokjin said so; he could feel his cheeks turned redder. Seokjin just held his laughter when he saw the shy Taehyung, his hypothesis was proved real.

“Yo, Taehyung!” Namjoon yelled as he entered the house and Taehyung and Seokjin looked at him. Taehyung waved at him and smiled.

Yes, they would sleep at the same place where they made a circle and drunk before. I’ve told you, it’s a house with a huge room, right? It was actually a nice house where if you got out of it, you would see the scenery of a part of the city, the sides of the complete Baekdoo Mountain, and you would immediately greeted by the cold chill of the wind. Even though they had been in a room, it was still so cold.

Right now some of the students were outside whether to wash their faces, to brush their teeth or just to enjoy the night scenery. But for some boys who didn’t even have the sense of landscape, they preferred to stay at the house and said, “It’s only black.”

Taehyung himself just woke up from fainting for hours, and his head still hurt. He didn’t even think much when the bowl reached him, he just drank it because it’s impossible for Hoseok, but at the end he didn’t remember everything happened. His memory stopped at the moment where he drank…

But a piece of memory when he screamed ‘Because I like you, foolish!’ was still left inside his head.

Taehyung cursed in his breath and messed his hair. He placed his head between his knees and he pouted. What if he said something inappropriate when he was drunk? What if he did something… to Hoseok?

 

And what if Hoseok felt disgusted because Taehyung just confessed?

 

Aaah! Taehyung looked down and huffed. It’s okay, Kim Taehyung. It’s okay. At least you’ve confessed, it’s up to him whether he would-

“Taehyung!!” suddenly Jungkook who just came inside the room yelled and immediately jumped to sit beside Taehyung. Taehyung chuckled and wrapped his arm around Jungkook’s shoulder. “What, hm?”

Jungkook laughed and glanced at Taehyung. “Do you feel better now? You know, all of us were worried too much.”

Taehyung curved the corner of his lips, slightly he felt happy because his friends were worried because of him. “Nope, I’m really fine. Thanks.”

“I didn’t know you get drunk easily,” Jungkook widened his eyes a little as he spoke. “You have to thank Hoseok because he was the one who took care of you! He didn’t even appear at the meeting with the seniors after,” Jungkook explained which made Taehyung’s chest tightened a little.

“Is that… so?” Taehyung mumbled with his eyes blank.

Jungkook nodded, he was about to speak again but then the figure of Hoseok approaching them just made him distracted. “Oh, Hoseok!” he said while looking at Hoseok with a smile.

Taehyung didn’t even attempt to look at Hoseok, he just stole a glance. Hoseok didn’t even reply Jungkook’s greeting, all he did was just staring blankly at Taehyung.

Hoseok chuckled a little and then he sat down beside Taehyung. Taehyung was still looking down with mixed feelings inside his heart, but Hoseok’s presence made it a little better –a little better.

It was a moment of silence before Hoseok finally laughed and wrapped his arm around Taehyung’s waist. Taehyung could feel the same flutter he had felt whenever Hoseok’s around and he could feel his heartbeat got faster.

“Thank you for helping me with the drink, hm?” Hoseok said and looked at Taehyung’s face with a wide smile. Taehyung’s cheeks turned redder because of their uh-so-near position, so he just looked to another direction and softly mumbled.

“T-thank you for taking care of me too,” Taehyung stole a glance at Hoseok, and Hoseok just chuckled. He slowly parted the hug away and asked, “Are you still having headaches?”

Taehyung looked at him and smiled with a smile you would even spend a day only just to see it. “No, I’m fine.”

Hoseok was overwhelmed for a moment before he finally faked a cough, stood up and stretched his body. “Well then. I’m sleepy,” he said so and then he walked towards his bag at the corner of the room, leaving Taehyung sitting down alone.

Taehyung tried hard to hide his smile. He was extremely glad that Hoseok didn’t act different towards him. About would the feeling returns or not, it’s another case he shouldn’t think about now.

“Hey,” suddenly someone from behind called Taehyung. Taehyung looked up only to see Jaerim was there. “Do you in any chance bring more hot packs? I only bring one and I don’t think it’s enough.”

Taehyung who was still immersed in his own feeling just grinned and shook his head.

“Ah, what should I do?” Jaerim walked away to ask another people.

 

Wait, what did she talk about? Hot packs?

 

Taehyung immediately stood up and went towards his bag at the other side of the room. He sat down the floor; he quickly opened the zipper and rummaged in his bag. Tonight was so cold and it’s impossible if he didn’t bring any hot packs-

Oh, .

Taehyung’s mind immediately replayed a moment before the camp.

 

He read the list again and widened his eyes when he reached one. He stopped his singing to say, “Is it that cold that we have to bring hot packs too?”

Taehyung was about to go downstairs when his phone suddenly rang. He clicked his tongue and went towards his table only to see that Hoseok was the one who called him. Jung Hoseok.

“Yeah?” Taehyung spoke after pressing the answer button.

 

He slapped his forehead. That time when he wanted to prepare the hot packs, he got the phone call from Hoseok and after then he immediately went to the supermarket. Once he got home, because it had been night, he fell asleep immediately without even minding about the hot packs.

Oh my, how could he sleep now?

It’s illogic if he doesn’t sleep with a hot pack. Hot packs are small bags made of plastic which can make you warmer, such as the ones in the hospital and they are indeed so important. What about using a jacket instead? Yes, he would wear one or two, but the weather was too cold to bear.

Taehyung messed his hair and whimpered. How come he’s so foolish and forgetful that he could disregard the hot packs? You’re dumb, you’re foolish, you-

Suddenly Jimin called him from the other side of the room. “Taehyung-ah!!”

Taehyung looked around, still with his tensed face. Jimin was beckoning him happily while saying, “Let’s play!” The other boys and the girls were also had been sitting around the other side of the room.

A nod came from Taehyung. He slowly crawled towards them and sat down beside Hoseok only because it was the only space left. Well, at least he could cheer himself up a little by playing, wasn’t it?

“Okay,” Seokjin as the one who sat in the middle of the circle immediately took a cup with sticks inside and shook it. It was a classic game where they had a cup filled with sticks that have the tips written with numbers and one stick’s tip written with a ‘king’, they all would shake the cup and take the sticks randomly. The one who get the ‘king’ stick has a chance to make two people who get particular numbers to do whatever the king wants.

“I will get the king stick,” Jimin murmured. As Seokjin stopped shaking, all those hands immediately reached the sticks.

Suddenly all students in the room were surprised because the door was opened harshly from outside. The boys and the girls immediately looked at it and abandoned their sticks for a while, and turned out it was Jaejoong.

“Who told you all to play instead of sleep?!” Jaejoong immediately yelled, and all the juniors shut their mouths.

“Tomorrow we’ll climb to the highest point,” Jaejoong spoke again, caused a little noise between the juniors. “So now isn’t it better to go sleep instead of wasting your energy?”

“Yes, senior,” all the juniors answered halfheartedly. Jaejoong looked around and said, “I’ll be back around five minutes later. If I found any of you haven’t slept yet, I will make sure I will make your days here harder.”

All juniors immediately felt chill down their spine. Jaejoong stayed for a moment before finally closing the door and walked away. One rule: when seniors said something scary like that, they would really do it, so all the juniors decided to obey it.

One by one started to lay down the floor, but Taehyung still sat down quietly. He probably would sit down there for likely forever if Yoongi didn’t call his name. “Taehyung-ah, let’s sleep!”

Taehyung lightly nodded with a faked smile. He stood up to walk towards his bag and he took his jackets that at least could make him warmer. Well, although there were only two jackets, at least it’s better than nothing.

He wore both of them and walked towards the boys. Taehyung immediately approached an empty space between Hoseok and Namjoon and he sat down there.

Geez, only by sitting here I’ve been feeling cold.

“Good night!” Jungkook muttered a bit loud. The others replied with mumbles and murmurs because they had been quite sleepy, and someone who was the nearest with the lamp switched it off.

Well then, let’s sleep. Taehyung lied down the floor and hugged himself; he shut his eyes tight that he would fall asleep faster.

Taehyung rolled over as he shivered more. No, the weather can’t be cooler than this, he thought as he sat down. The floor was too cool that he couldn’t feel his own feet.

The others had fallen asleep peacefully, but messily. People were hugging each other without even knowing whom they hugged. Taehyung looked around as he his palms together and inhales.

Suddenly a small grunt was audible from his side. Taehyung glanced and it was Hoseok who was stretching his sore back. Hoseok rolled around facing Taehyung, but then he slightly opened his eyes. “Taehyung-ah?” he mumbled with sleepy husky voice.

Taehyung smiled weakly and said, “Hey. Go back to sleep.”

Hoseok rubbed his eyes and said, “Why don’t you sleep?” once his eyes had adapted better in the middle of the night. Taehyung formed a small pout and answered, “Can’t. It’s too cool.”

“How many hot packs do you have?” Hoseok supported himself with his elbows and looked at Taehyung. Well, he only had one hot pack, but it could relieve the coolness.

Taehyung shook his head. “I forgot.”

Hoseok widened his eyes in disbelief, and then he took his own hot pack that was put in his embrace. “Ah, what should I do? I only have one.”

Taehyung answered, “That’s okay. I have jackets,” as he felt his chest tightened. Hoseok formed a small smile before he beckoned Taehyung and said, “You’re cold, right?”

There was nothing but nodding that Taehyung could do. He obeyed Hoseok to crawl closer without even knowing what to do.

“Well… let’s then share my hot pack.”

Taehyung’s heart skipped a beat and his world stopped for a while once Hoseok pulled him to his embrace. It was indeed very, very warm, so warm that he couldn’t slow down his increasing heart beat.

He could feel that Hoseok’s chin was touching his top of head. He could feel Hoseok’s muscular arm that was used as his pillow. He could also feel Hoseok’s calm, steady heartbeat that came from the chest in front of him.

Hoseok shivered a little and then he adjusted his position. “Warm enough like this?”

Taehyung’s words got stuck in the tip of his tongue. He gapped his mouth, but nothing came up, just a huge glimpse of blush appeared in his cheeks and the heart that captured everything.

A light chuckle escaped Hoseok’s mouth. He hugged Taehyung a little tighter and immediately closed his eyes. “Good night.”

Taehyung glanced down shyly and mouthed a quick ‘good night’ before finally closing his eyes and following the other boy to the dreamland as well.

 

 

...

a/n: HELLOOOO THERE!

okei since this is the 007th chapter i feel like james bond. (isnt he the one who is identical with that number?)

thank you for leaving a comment, pressing the subscribe and upvote button, and taking your time to read this! <3