015

Fate Often Mistook

This was the first day for all of them to go to school after a holiday, exactly three days after the trip to the beach. All the students were really felt burdened to go to school after having a nice break time. Even though they missed their friends, but no one, of course, missed the lessons.

“Ah, so tiring,” Hoseok whined alone as he stepped another step on the stair. Even walking himself upstairs seemed to be so hard. Once he finally reached the floor of his class, he sighed and entered his class.

All the students there were seemed to be happy to meet their friends again, yet they were still sleepy. Some of them gathered in a circle to speak, some of them slept with their bags as a pillow.

Kim Taehyung sat alone at his chair. He was also still sleepy and had no mood to go to school, not because of the lessons he had to face, but because the fact that he would meet Hoseok, he didn’t know how to do and how to behave in front of the latter boy... who had kissed him.

Ah, what a shame! He thought as he slammed his head down his table. Taehyung took his phone from his pocket and started playing it randomly; at least he had to distract his mind. But all he did just failed.

Why Hoseok would do that? He meant- both of them were just friends, if it wasn’t, he was the only person who had a crush on Hoseok. Hoseok was so confusing. He was definitely falling in love for Jihye, so why would he do that? It’s too much if he said it was just a joke or a game. Just Taehyung had no reason that he realized the truth that-

“Hey!” suddenly Hoseok popped beside the distracted Taehyung. Taehyung gasped and immediately stood up, and Hoseok just casually sat on Taehyung’s chair.

“Whatcha doing?” Hoseok mumbled with his eyes looked around the class. “I missed school,” he continued again, but when he realized that no answer came from Taehyung, once he looked to his right, he just knew that Taehyung had run out of the class.  

Hoseok frowned. “Where’s that guy…”

He immediately stood up to get out of the class, but then suddenly he met Yoongi at the door. “Hey, Hoseok!” Yoongi greeted happily, but Hoseok just glanced at him and walked quickly out of the class.

“What’s wrong with that guy?” Yoongi looked in disbelief at Hoseok.

At the outside of the class, Hoseok luckily found Taehyung’s figure that was looking down from the balcony at the corridor. He immediately ran towards Taehyung.

Taehyung wasn’t actually avoiding Hoseok by running away when he was about to talk. He just didn’t know how to behave, and he felt awkward whenever Hoseok’s near since the ‘beach tragedy’, he would like to call it like that.

He sighed and leaned closer to the balcony. Hoseok had no valid reason for doing it, right? Or was he just teasing? Or did he plan something?

“Why are you avoiding me?” Hoseok suddenly whined from behind and hugged Taehyung’s waist tight. Taehyung gasped, he immediately pulled himself away and he awkwardly muttered, “N-nothing.”

Hoseok leaned on the balcony’s gate beside him and he asked, “Does something annoy you or what?” but Taehyung just murmured, “I said it’s nothing,” before turning around and walked quickly to the class.

Hoseok was left dumbfounded yet alone. He stared at Taehyung’s fading figure in confuse until finally that figure disappeared behind the classroom’s door. What did he do wrong? He didn’t seem (or he didn’t feel) like hurting Taehyung before.

He was wondering about why it happened with his gaze locked at the class when suddenly Yoongi appeared from inside the class and was heading towards Hoseok. Hoseok widened his eyes in happiness, but he couldn’t lie that he was still a bit distracted.

“What’s wrong with Taehyung?” Yoongi asked once he reached Hoseok, and he immediately leaned his back on the balcony’s gate too. “He seemed to be a little… weird?”

Hoseok looked at the class again, and then he nodded. “I didn’t know why, but that guy avoids me and he acts like I’m sharing some virus,” Hoseok replied which made Yoongi burst in laughter.

“Is there anything you did that makes him feels annoyed or something?” Yoongi said. Hoseok hummed, he put his fingers on his chin and he didn’t know why, his mind went to a moment after he kissed Taehyung.

Those kiss on the beach right when the sun rose.

 

Hoseok gradually parted their lips and slowly his figured a smile. Taehyung who was still frozen and shocked didn’t even react, he only slowly looked down with his heart still beating too fast and he could feel that the late reaction finally came, his cheeks grew redder.

Hoseok just… kissed me?

A chuckle escaped Hoseok’s mouth. He slowly leaned his back to lie down the sand, and with his gaze locked at the sky and the moving clouds, his smile slowly bloomed.

“Y-you didn’t give me the chance to see the sunrise,” Taehyung stuttered, he spoke without even looking at Hoseok. He only looked down and played nervously with his fingers.

Hoseok glanced at his back and laughed, he didn’t say anything else. He kept staring on the clouds’ movement, and gently he sighed.

Taehyung’s lips were so swee-

Now I’m ready to date Jihye, he instantly changed his mind and smiled the most forceful smile ever.

 

Hoseok was now brought back from his imagination to the real timing where Yoongi was standing with him on the balcony. He frowned and shook his head, “I didn’t think it was the cause.”

He did it only to prepare his ‘date’ with Jihye he imagined. Taehyung, as his friend, should’ve felt happy for Hoseok that Hoseok had been fully prepared to take his crush, right? Hoseok thought so. He had prepared for this for likely a week; he tried to pretend that Taehyung was a Jihye, even though his mind couldn’t take Taehyung off. Every time he attempted to act romantic with Taehyung, he didn’t even think about Jihye even though he tried to. All he thought was just Taehyung and Taehyung.

It’s impossible if it’s the cause.

Or was it?

Yoongi nodded in confuse. “Since you’re the closest with him among all of us, go talk to him or at least ask him what made him like that.”

Hoseok nodded in agreement, and he showed a thumb to Yoongi. “I’ll do that,” he grinned, and Yoongi patted his hand with a smile.

Taehyung slowly walked upstairs to reach his class by himself, but his mind was nowhere and blank. It was now the break time, students were everywhere and the stair was quite crowded, but since the learning period was about to start in a minute, the crowds started to disappear.

He snuggled his palms inside his pocket and he sighed. Okay, he was now preparing to normally face Hoseok. Everything was his fault, Hoseok did nothing wrong. He mentally prepared some words he would use to apologize at Hoseok.

Just when Taehyung was about to step at the final stair, Mr. Heo, their teacher who used to teach at their next period who was running quickly upstairs, yelled his name. “You, Kim Taehyung!”

Taehyung turned around only to face Mr. Heo. Mr. Heo seemed to be rushed for something, and he just pointed at downstairs. “Can you help me to take my score book at the healthcare unit? I still have to do something,” he said.

Just as expected, Taehyung only nodded and bowed politely. Mr. Heo nodded in agreement and he immediately went towards another class in rush.

Taehyung turned around and went downstairs to take the score book. The healthcare unit room was at the first floor, and it was the coldest yet the desolated room. Although no one often using it, their seniors often sneaked there after their sport time.

From their class, Yoongi who was standing beside the door since the break period started immediately ran inside to call Hoseok. Hoseok looked at him in surprise, and Yoongi immediately jumped to stand beside him.

“Mr. Heo makes Taehyung going to the healthcare unit alone. It may be the right time for you to speak with him,” he said with panting voice and widened eyes.

Hoseok nodded boldly. “I’ll come down,” he muttered before he walked out of the class.

Once Taehyung reached the healthcare unit room, he carefully opened the door in case if the seniors were there. Luckily there was no one, so he could behave calmer.

He entered the room without closing the door. Taehyung approached the table to see if the book was there, and his guess was right. A red book with a ‘score book’ headline was there, and he took it to bring it upstairs.

Just when he turned around to go away, the figure of Hoseok standing beside the door made him surprised. He gapped his mouth to speak, but then he changed his mind, glanced down and walked towards the door without even making eye contacts with Hoseok.

“Hey, hey!” Hoseok yelled and attempted to hold Taehyung’s hand, but Taehyung suddenly slapped his hand away in reflect and yelled, “Don’t touch me!!”

Hoseok pulled his hand in an instant and stared at Taehyung’s eyes in horror. Taehyung immediately moved backwards and he balled his fist that he used to push Hoseok away, and suddenly he felt so wrong, burdened like his heart got stabbed.

He shouldn’t have done this; all those words he planned to apologize suddenly disappeared.

For a moment they just stared at each other with thousands untold feelings. Taehyung’s heart beat so fast, he gapped his mouth to say-

Suddenly there was a cough that came from someone at the door, and both of them looked at it in surprise. Jihye was standing with her side leaned on the door, and she stared at Taehyung. “Mr. Heo asked you to go up fast.”

Taehyung awkwardly nodded still with his gaze locked on Hoseok’s, but he didn’t even walk out of the room. Hoseok threw him his last glare before finally turning around, leaving Taehyung alone in that room.

Casually Hoseok bumped his shoulder with Jihye’s when he walked out, but he stopped there. After a moment of silence, he managed to smile and he looked at Jihye. “Let’s go on a date.”

Jihye glanced in surprise at Hoseok, but then she chuckled and raised her eyebrows. “Seems interesting.”

Taehyung, who was still standing behind them, suddenly felt like his heart got smashed.

 

 

...

a/n: HAIHAIHAI.

thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting and upvoting!!