Not Alone

I'm Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV
A girl groaned as she felt sun shone right on her forehead, blazing through the window and it disturbed her sleep. She patted the other side of her bed, frowning when she felt it was empty, she groaned again as the sun seemed to not giving up and she yelled in her mind because there was no cloud helped her to sleep more that morning.


“Baby…” The half awake girl called out, nothing came as an answer.


“Tiff Baby…the curtain…pull the curtain…” The blonde girl called out once again, but still, there was nothing happened after that.


Jessica rolled on the bed, rolling to the other side as she tried to get up. She realized that the other side of the queen sized bed was cold.


Her heart skipped a beat, half sleepily she used her hand to support her to wake up, her hand met the pillow she used to sleep, it was damped.
Precisely three seconds after that, a chuckle was heard in the bedroom, slowly becoming louder as a sob came after the set of chuckle.

Crying was the first thing Jessica did in the morning, she was alone in the rented small flat.
The pillow was damped due to the tears she let out while sleeping and without Tiffany, there was no warm part of the bed to roll around on.

Biting her lips, “I miss you…” Jessica managed to whisper so quietly, heartbreakingly, she hugged her knees, crying her heart out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was 10 in the morning when a woman in her late twenties knocked on her daughter’s bedroom, “Tiffany, are you awake?”

The little girl who was playing Barbie by herself in the room quickly got up and shouted back, “Yes, Mommy!”

There was a smile that crept on Michelle’s face before she opening the door, “What are you doing, Fany?” Tiffany showed her Mommy the beautifully dressed Barbie, “I’m brushing her hair, Mommy.”
“How nice of you, but I’m afraid we have to leave this Barbie for now since you have to study for your test tomorrow…” Michelle cautiously put her words, she didn’t want an upset daughter in the morning.

Surprisingly, unlike the other days, Tiffany nodded obediently, she put the Barbie on her bed, patting its head slightlythen whispered, “Barbie, I have to study now, we will meet again, okay?”

Tiffany leaned her ear towards the Barbie’s face as if she was listening to the Barbie’s words, “Okay!”

Then she held her Mommy’s hand, “Come on, Mommy! Let’s be quick, Barbie is waiting!” Michelle smiled at her daughter’s antic, she was really cute, “Tiffany, Barbie can’t talk.”

“She can.” With determined expression Tiffany talked back, Michelle gave up, she patted Tiffany’s head, “Alright, alright. Let’s go downstairs, I’ve hired someone to take care of you when your Dad and I are out of the town tonight.”

“What? Mommy and Daddy are going somewhere? I want to join!” Tiffany tugged her Mommy’s arm as they walked downstairs, Michelle just smiled awkwardly when the neighbor and the neighbor’s daughter saw what was happening with her and her daughter.

“You can’t Tiffany, and it’ll be just a night. Come on, now behave, please meet Mrs. Jung and her daughter.” Michelle pulled Tiffany to meet their neighbors, Mrs. Jung smiled at her right away which was replied by nothing, Tiffany turned her head away.

Michelle apologized right away, “I’m sorry, Mrs. Jung. Tiffany isn’t usually being like this. She must be upset because of the sudden news…”

“It’s alright, she’s still very young.” Mrs. Jung kindly smiled towards Tiffany but again, the stubborn kid turned her head away, even folding her arms in front of her chest, a scoff was let out by the other daughter, the daughter of the Jung, it made Tiffany turned her vision towards the older girl, she glared.

The older girl didn’t even spare a glance towards glaring Tiffany, she plugged in her headphone, slowly bobbing her head up and down following the beat.

From one hating glare, her opinion about the other girl suddenly changed into, “Wow, a cool Unnie…”
“What is it, Fany?”

The stubborn girl turned her expression into a flat one, “Nothing, Mommy.” She was still upset.

Fingers were run through the silky black jet hair of Tiffany, “Be kind to our guests, okay? I have to pack for the trip.”

Before little Tiffany could say anything, the Mother had left her into her shared bedroom with Tiffany’s Father.
“How old are you, Tiffany?” Mrs. Jung smiled while reaching out for the little girl, but the little girl didn’t even look at her, she stared at the ‘Cool Unnie’ who was listening to the music, she walked closer to the blonde haired girl, “Unnie.”

Tiffany called out, which made Mrs. Jung felt amazed, because as far as she learned, they just moved, there was no way Jessica knew Tiffany, but this little girl called her daughter, ‘Unnie’. Kids become close that fast…?

The taller girl of the two girls ignored Tiffany, she pulled her Mom gently to the living room, sitting there without saying anything. Slowly, Jessica leaned her head on her Mom’s lap, making her Mom smiled in the process. Jessica was always like that, not very talkative but her actions spelled more words.

The little girl grunted then stomped on her way following the two guests, “Auntie Jung!” Little Tiffany crossed her arms, “Why did you walk away from me?”

Mrs. Jung almost burst out laughing when she saw that Tiffany was angry, “I didn’t. Jessica pulled me here.”

“Unnie’s name is Jessica?” From pouting to having her eyes widened, Tiffany only took 1 second.

“Yes, Jessica, why don’t you introduce yourself?” Jessica, who was closing her eyes took her Mom’s hand, put it on her head, “Why don’t we do it later, Mom…I’m busy.”

Mrs. Jung smiled at her daughter, she tickled her neck, “Wake up, Sooyeon-ah.” Jessica giggled when her Mom tickled her neck, she tilted her head to prevent her Mom from tickling her, but that made her weak when her Mom pushed her to sit up straight, “Now, introduce yourself.”

Jessica stared at her Mom with indescribable stare, “Alright.” Lazily she stood up, towering over little Tiffany, “I’m Jung Jessica.”

“Hello Unnie! I’m Tiffany, Hwang Tiffany!” Before Tiffany could take the older girl’s hand, the older girl already turned around towards her Mom, “I’ve introduced myself.”

Tiffany got pissed once again, she stuck her tongue out at Jessica but Jessica was facing her again, “How old ar… Yah! Why did you stick your tongue like that?!”

“You’re bad Unnie! I was going to hold your hand! Mommy tells me that if you get to know someone new and you don’t hold hands, you’re impolite. You’re not cool!” Jessica blinked once, she was always late in reacting, but then, “Whatever, little rascal.”

Then Jessica headed back into her Mom’s arms, listening to her iPod, leaving Tiffany standing alone in her own living room.

“Tiffany, come here.” Mrs. Jung kindly pulled Tiffany into her arms too since she saw that Tiffany was going to cry, when Tiffany was in Mrs. Jung’s arms, she cried.

“HUWAAAAAAAAA!” She was upset, especially when she was ignored by her surroundings, little Princess like she never felt how it was to be ignored.

Julia Jung glared at her daughter, Jessica turned her head away but she got a knock on her he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter