The Boy Who Feels Lonely

Kindergarten, Bubble Tea, and Love

It was a hot day in August and the students of kindergarten already left. Not all students, because there is still Naeun stayed in the class while sit on her chair and coloring her drawing book. She colored the butterfly picture and added some doodles that made by her.

She lifted her head and peek at the clock that hanged on the wall near her, “Uh, already two and Soohyun seonsaengnim still busy,” she saud while frowned.

“Why must Soohyun seonsaengnim? He is even not our teacher.”

Naeun turned her head and her body a bit. There was Jongin sat in his seat. That little girl was quite surprise because she didn’t notice that little boy there.

“I always go home with Soohyun seonsaengim,” she answered.

“Where are your parents?” asked Jongin again and he went down from his chair to go to Naeun’s desk.

Naeun was silent for a while, but no longer after that she continued coloring the butterfly. “My grandma said my mom and dad stayed in heaven. And we will met someday,” she giggled but it made Jongin felt not well with Naeun. “And where’re your parents? I thought you already left.”

Jongin looked down and sat beside Naeun. Naeun who was enjoying coloring noticed Jongin being gloomy sat beside her.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” asked Naeun.

“They don’t care with me. They never care,” Jongin answered and he started to cry.

Naeun blinked and put her red crayon to its place. She moved closer to Jongin and her hand lifted to wipe that arrogant boy’s tears.

“Hey, don’t cry. Soohyun seonsaengnim said boys never cry.”

Jongin pushed away Naeun’s hand, “You don’t know what I feel!” shouted him. Naeun startled.

“I’m sorry,” she looked down and tried her best to not cry because she already promised to her grandmother to not cry no matter what. She chose to clean her stuff and placed them to her bag.

A few minutes later, a tall man came in the class. He was smiled before but after notice a little boy cried beside Naeun, he felt worry. “Naeun-ah?” he called.

Naeun looked at the door and smiled widely. “Soohyun seonsaengnim!” she beamed and run to that man after grabbed her bag.

Soohyun smiled and kneeled down after Naeun arrived in front of him. He ruffled Naeun’s long black hair gently. “Can I ask something?” said him and Naeun nodded. “What’s wrong with Jongin?”

Naeun looked at Jongin who still looked down. His shoulder started to shiver. “I don’t know,” said her while shook her head. “But believe me I didn’t do bad towards him. I was trying to wipe his tears but he pushed my hand like this,” Naeun explained while modeled Jongin pushed her hand part.

That young teacher man smiled. He stood up and went approach Jongin followed by Naeun behind. “Hey, why do you crying?”

Jongin shook his head, “It’s nothing.”

“Where is your mother? Doesn’t she pick you?  Your mother always picks you at 1 PM right?” asked Soohyun again.

Jongin nodded.

Soohyun sighed. He looked at Naeun who stood behind him and looked and Jongin again. He started to think something. “Hm… How if you come to Naeun’s house? Naeun’s house is very near from here and I will tell the kindergarten guard to tell where you are.”

Jongin lifted his head up and looked at Naeun and Soohyun.

“Hmm… it’s a good idea!” Naeun giggled and pulled Jongin’s little arm, “Kajja, kajja! My grandma’s house is very large and we can play hide and seek together!”

Jongin blinked. His heart became warm because of Naeun pulled him like this but he still didn’t like Soohyun seonsaengnim who stood beside Naeun and gave him his best smile. And once again he looked at Naeun, he smiled. “Okay, then,” said him.

“Yeay!” Naeun jumped happily made Soohyun chuckled because of Naeun’s cuteness.

“Well, let’s go now,” Soohyun offered Naeun and Jongin his hands to hold but Jongin refused them. Only Naeun who held Soohyun’s left hand with spoiled. Jongin frowned because of that and he chose to walk beside Naeun’s left.

They walked outside from the classroom and approached the kindergarten guard. Soohyun told his message to the kindergarten guard if Jongin’s parents come. The old man nodded in understood because he knew Naeun’s house too.

"Ok, let's go now," said Soohyun.

The two children were nod and moved on toward Naeun’s house. Along the way, Naeun couldn’t stop talking about her daily life in the classroom. She talked about Hayoung, what she ate, what she learned and what she sang while singing classes earlier.

Soohyun who was often heard Naeun’s story just smiling but he never felt bored. Sometimes he praised, and sometimes he gave comment on it or just nodded while laughuing because Naeun always repeating the same story that she thought it was fun.

Meanwhile, Jongin who walked beside him was silent. He wanted to go to comment on Naeun and wanted to argue with her how great he is when performing break dance, but didn’t want Soohyun heard it and gave comment like he did to Naeun.

Soon, they arrived in front of a traditional Japanese style house after10 minutes they walked.

"This is my house," said Naeun to Jongin. He smiled.

"Come on in!" Said Naeun.

Soohyun immediately entered the yard that was overgrown with some of the bonsai tree and walk straight to the terrace.

"We're home!" shouted Naeun happily.

Before they arrived on the terrace, the front door was opened by an old woman, but still had fresh look because she looked healthy and she stood steady.

"Welcome, Naeun-ah," said the old woman.

"Grandma!" Naeun giggled while removing Soohyun hand and ran towards the old lady. "Naeun misses grandma," said her as she hugged her grandmother.

The old woman patted Naeun’s back, "My goodness ..  Grandma misses you too, dear, " said the old woman, smiled. Then, she turned her head to Soohyun. "Thank you, Soohyun-a."

Soohyun bent her body down. "No need to be like that, Grandma Heo, I am happy to help you."

Grandma Heo smiled because Soohyun’s kindness and he was so polite. Her eyes then caught a small figure next to Soohyun. "Who is this little guy?" asked Grandma Heo.

Soohyun looked down, "Oh," Soohyun He patted Jongin’s back and pushed forward slowly. "Can he stay here for a few hours? His mother hasn’t picks him yet. I thought you will allow him. He is the son of Kim Hyoyeon," said Soohyun.

Grandma Heo looked surprised. "Oh, really?" And then she kneeled down, "I never thought Hyoie’s son will handsome like this,” said her, rubbed the top of Jongin’s head.

"You know my mother?" asked Jongin.

Grandma Heo nodded. "He used to come here, with Naeun’s mother. Long time before you were born."

"Wahhh ... Cool! So my mother is Jongin Tea’s mother friend?" said Naeun happily, Grandma Heo nodded.

"Well, I should go home now. Excuse me, Grandma Heo," said Soohyun.

"Yes, thank you again, son. Say hello to your mother," said Grandma Heo. Soohyun smiled and bent down. Then, he walked away from Naeun’s house.

"Now let's go in. Grandma made Melon Shaved Ice for you all," said Grandma Heo dropped the children enter the house.

"Melon shaved ice!!!" Naeun shouted as she ran into the kitchen.

Grandma Heo shook her head, smiling a little while looked at her little granddaughter. Her eyes then caught a small Jongin being turned his head around saw the simple traditional Japanese-style house.

She smiled again, remembering something. Soon, they came to the kitchen where Naeun already enjoyed eat a bowl of shaved ice on a chair.

"Jongin Tea, come here, I've prepared a bowl of shaved ice for you," said Naeun pointing to a bowl full of shaved ice.

Jongin smile, he walked cheerfully to the kitchen table and laboriously he climbed adult dining chair beside Naeun. He saw the shaved ice with amazed because to be honest he himself never eat like this at home. He looked up at Grandma Heo who was now smiling at him.

The little boy bent. "Thank you," he said vaguely, and then joined the Naeun eating shaved ice.

“Enjoy the ice, kids,” said Grandma Heo. Then she left the children to Naeun’s room and prepared two matrass.


Note: i am sorry i dont update that long because i am busy and i was stuck too ^^ maybe this story is kinda weird but the next chapter will explain all.

Anyway, i just make an acc as naeun fanbase >> @NaeunStory. I want to run that acc but if i just go alone, the acc might not that too active so i wonder if you guys want to help me? (promote promote kkkkkk)

Enjoy the story ^^