Line Between Us

Billion Won Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

"Hey, shortie..." Amber threw Nicole her smirking looks, with her open arm welcoming her.

The said person was thinking for a second when Amber entered the room together with the boy beside her. She's not sure if the short-haired girl in front of her was her long lost friend which she met in LA seventeen years ago. But Nicole was sure that her eyes and mind was not playing with her as she knew that no one else wold called her shortie beside her tomboy friends.

"Amber!" she used all of her explosive force to run as fast as possible to Amber and jump onto her friends arm. "I miss you so much!"

The short haired girl was so thankful that she used to excercise a lot in the past which lead her leg to be stronger than average girl, or she would be smacked to the floor when Nicole jumped on her and get all over her.

"You'd better get off from me, Cole, or both of us will hit the floor in a second." she said playfully, patting her friends back. Amber was not even bother to push her away from herself.

When those two old friends was reunited in this room, the rest of people in the room could only looked at them with question on their head, especially Jaejoong and Boa who hardly understand while both of them was conversed in English.

"Erg... Nuna?" Nicole realized that there's a young boy standing behind Amber. She loosened her embrace on her friends as she found that he was looking at her with confused expression on his face. Amber looked at him, then at Jaejoong who was standing there with his puzzled mind. She bowed.

Nicole was aware of her gesture, so she took her hand and dragged her closer to them.

"Your friend?" he asked.

Nicole looked at Amber with her ear to ear smile. "No." she paused. "My besties who I haven't meet for seventeen years long."

"Amber Liu, right?" Asked Jaejoong and she nodded. He then looked at the smiling Nicole. "You never told me you come from States too."

"No, I'm not." she said without leaving her eyes from her friends. "My mom was from States, and I met my llama there when I visit my grandma there."

Nicole started to tell them the story of their encounter in LA...

------------

That day was the first day Nicole and her mom arrived in LA for their trip visiting her grandparents for the first time. They couldn't bring Cole's brothers and sister together with them as her budget was limited, so it was a boring trip for Nicole if only she didn't meet Amber during those period.

Nicole who was still not used to the new environtment was wandering on the garden of her gradparents house, looking for something to play with. She was attracted by the beautiful garden from the house on their opposite, but she couldn't get near closer to the house because of her fear to the black shepherd that stayed on the gate. But the moment when she was about to turn back, she saw one young boy on her age was heading to the black shepherd and playing with that big mammals. And what suprise her most was that the black shepherd looks more friendly as she thought. Sensed being observed, that young boy looked at the stranger silently.

"Hey shortie, you're new here?" he said.

"Don't call me shortie because I'm not short."  her annoyed expression only brought laugh to the boy face.

"But I'm taller than you." he stood beside her and looking at her with challenging look.

"You're a boy, so it's normal if you're taller than me." she sticked her tongue out, not willing to loose.

"Hey, I'm not a boy." He said. Or it should said, she said. "My name is Amber."

Nicole looked at her amused. The cutie boy in front of her was a girl. But all she knew was the next following second she was hugging the cutie stranger she just knew with her ear to ear smile.

"Finally I got friend here!"

And started from here, they started their friendship. They got together everywhere, Nicole who was new to the environtment always followed wherever Amber went, and Amber who was hooked by her bright personality was willing to be accompanied by this girl. She even took her around by her bicycle which lead to the sudden panic as Nicole's family couldn't find their cute princess around. And at the end, both of them were scolded by both parties. But none of them was regret it as they both enjoyed their time together.

But happy times never last for too long as Nicole need to back to Seoul after their two weeks visit. Nicole didn't want to let her hand away from Amber as they were preparing for leave. She even got her eyes swollen for crying too much. Amber didn't get any better.

"Hey shortie, let's meet again someday." Said Amber between her sulking voice. "Don't forget me."

"You too. I'll write you letter."

"Promise."

And since ever then, they never see each other anymore.

--------------

"Have you ever received my post card?" asked Nicole. Amber scratched her nape nervously and shook her head. "Yah~"

"Listen, shortie, my dad got another Job in another place no longer after you leave." she started to explain. "It's happened all of sudden."

She pouted and Amber pulled her closer, "Hey but I tried to find you as soon as possible when I arrived in Seoul."

Cole looked at her, narrowing her eyes. "OK, whatever. You're here now, and that's the main point." she said as she hugged her for the second time.

"It's strange to think that we actually only spent our time together for less than two weeks, but it feel like I knew you for years.." said Amber.

 Nicole nodded her head agree. Maybe that's also the question on all of people in the room had in their mind.

"Everything might happened in a strange way." said Boa. "Maybe it's a fate?"

"Just like me and Nuna."

All of attention now was dragged into the grinning young boy behind Amber. Nicole got the familiar feeling on him. She looked at him then to Amber, "He's your..."

"No." She denied in a second as she got what on her mind. "This silly head is stuntman here, Jackson Wang. He's from Hong Kong."

He bowed to them, smile still in his lips. 

"Don't you think it's fate that bring us together here? You came from States and I'm from Hong Kong, but we met in Seoul!" he said in a dramatic way.

Amber narrowed her eyes. "You really need to stop it, Jackson."

"Come on Nuna, don't treat me that way."

His pleading exspression was cute enough to bring a chuckle to everyone in the room except Amber, including Nicole who entertained not only by his expression but also by the annoyed face of her long-lost friend.

"Believe me, we were fated to know each other."

"Just stop it!"

"Fate bring us together.."

"Jackson!"

 

***

 

"Excuse me mam."

Nicole felt someone patted her shoulder lightly as she was awaken from her sleep. She opened her eyes to find a perfect black vision, it made her realized she still got her sleeping mask on.

"Yes?" she rubbed her sleepy eyes.

"What would you like for your meal?" she's about to ask the man beside her, but seems it's impossible as he's now sleeping soundly.

"Anything is alright." she said. "And he'll take the same as me."

The cabin crew put the meal for her and one for Jaejoong. Nicole was thankfull that they were on the business class compartment so they could get more comfortable during their flight. She took the first bite of her chicken and look at the scenery outside while munching on it. She couldn't see anything but darkness. Of course, it's in the middle of night. She looked at the sleeping man, and she remembered that it was because of him that she need to travel in the midnight flight.

 

---Few hours ago---

 

Nicole was just finished her dinner and cleaned all of the dish while Jaejoong was preparing for something on his room. When she was about to take a rest and turn on the tv, the owner of the house just throw her jacket and her handbag beside her.

"Let's go..."

"Where are we going?" she just followed and took her shoes with her.

"You will know soon."

It would be another meeting, she thought so she just followed him without complaint, until she felt strange with the road he took while driving.

"Hey, actually where are we going?"

"Hong Kong."

"What?!" she unconsciously raised her volume. "You hit your head just now? We're going to travel to Hong Kong in the middle of night all of sudden?"

She need more oxygen to intake with his random craziness.

"Midnight flight is a common thing recently." he said calmly.

Nicole took a deep breath to calm herself. She knew she's not going to win over him. "But how could we travel without my passport?"

Her words successfully made him turned his head to her. She thought it might help her to stop his randomness, but she changed her mind the second those smirk of him plastered on his lips. He took two passport from the pocket inside his suit.

She took it and found her pictured was on one of it. "How could you get it? My passpost just got expired two months ago."

"Remember," he paused. He was boosted with his confidence. "I am Kim Jaejoong. Nothing is impossible for me."

The next thing she know was the pain that started to get into her head.

 

---Flasback end---

 

Nicole finished her midnight meal already, but seems that Jaejoong still had no intention to wake up from his sleep. He told her that they would attend the award ceremony for Yoochun that held in Hong Kong. He was nominated for best actor, so no matter what Jaejoong and Junsu would go there to support him. But unfortunately, Junsu had a thing to do so he couldn't come. Instead, his seat was given to Nicole. And it was just decided few hours ago.

She looked at him as took the last gulp from her glass. Mischievous grin pop up on her red lips as she saw his sleeping figure. 

"Agh..." he finally got up and stretched his stiff muscle. As he took off his sleep mask, Jaejoong only got his girlfriend was munching on his meal.

Grin on her face.

"Yah! Why do you take my meal?" the passanger beside him threw him a deadly glare as he raised his voice all of sudden. "Ah, sorry."

He then looked at the girl beside her who didn't even care to stop taking her meal, or it should be said his meal,

"You finished yours, why do you take mine?"

She looked at him as she took the last bite of it. "You're sleeping and I'm hungry. That's it."

For the first time in her life, she won over the almighty Kim Jaejoong. It felt so good to win over him. She smiled in victory.

"That's unfai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter