Coffee and Cookies

Billion Won Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3

Today's class ended earlier than it should be because of the private things the professor need to do. Hearing this news, smile appeared on Yunyoung lips as he could spend more time before he need to work today. He packed his things after waving goodbye to his friends. No longer after he left the classroom, His eyes caught the glance of someone familiar.

"Yunyoung-ah~"

"Annnyeong-haseo, nuna." He bowed politely. In front of him was his senior, Jang Sunghye. He knew for long, told by his friends, that this young lady has a special feeling for him.

She smiled shyly. "Your class ended already?" He nodded. "Uhm... My friends told me there's new restaurant in Apgujeong. Want to try?"

It's the first time she's get this obvious. It's shock him a bit, but he decided not to give her a false hope so...

"Mianhe nuna, I can't." He said politely. "Maybe next time we could ask the other to go together there?"

She looked quite disappointed as he refused to go with her. But she still forced to smile in front of him. "OK, maybe next time."

He bowed. "Mianhe nuna, I need to go now." He smiled as he walked away. Just few steps he took, he was stopped by the pull on his sleeves. As he turned around to look what happened, all he could see was the doubt expression on her face.Seems that there's something hold on

"Yunyoung-ah..." she paused, "I..."

"Nuna-ah~" not let her to finish her word, Yunyoung who already what's on stopped her before everything become worse. "Thank you."

She looked at him with questioning face. "But, sorry."

She got the messege clearly but she refuse to accept it.

"But, Yunyoung-ah..."

"Sweet lies won't last long, right?"

His interuption worked as he wanted to be. Sunghye looked down on her feet with tears on her eyes, loosen her grip on his sleeves. She turned around without leaving any words for him, bring her heavy foot to take her somewhere that coud ease the pain.

He too, turned around and put his hand on his chest, feeling his own heartbeat. Feeling his heart, his feet took him to somewhere he used to be familiar with.

-Azure Cafe-

His eyes stopped on the door in front of him. 

'Nuna, how are you?'

Took a deep breath, he pushed the door open and enter the simple but elegantly designed coffee shop he used to visit, hoping there would be a sweet surprise. It's still the same like the last time he visited this place. But he couldn't feel the same feeling anymore as the reason he's here was no longer exist anymore. 

"Welcome to Azure Cafe. Want to order something?" The young girl in the counter greeted him politely.

He knew it. 

"Hmm... What's your recommendation?" 

"Hazelnut latte was quite popular among the customer recently." She showed him the menu. "You might try it too."

he looked at it for a second, but instead if looking at the recommended items his eyes was locked on the classical choice in the last page. 

"One hot Mocchachino please."

He smiled bitterly. 

'Nuna, I've wondering if you still remember me?'

***

"I'm ok umma.. I can take care of myself." Smiled always formed on Nicole's lips as she made a phone call with her mum who lived away from her. "How's Haeyoung do recently?"

"She's been a good girl recently." her voice come from opposite. "She's keep asking me when you'll back."

Nothing but her family could make her smile like that.

"Really? tell her that I miss her so." She's standing in front Lily's Bakery, "Umma, I'll call you again tonight. Love you!"

"Take care of yourself, sweetie."

"Bye." She hang up her call and pushed the door in front of her.

The ringing bell welcome her to the sweet house.

"Annyeong haseo." She bowed politely to every staff on the bakery. The sweet aroma of freshly baked cake and bread stimulate her nose. It made her tummy get more hungry.

"Ah, Yongjoo annyeong." The owner of the bakery, Mrs Jang Sohee, greet her back. She's the old friend of Nicole's mom so when she knew that Nicole was studying in Seoul, she lent her a hand by inviting her to work in her bakery as temporary baker.

Looking surround, she's feeling the weird atmosphere on the suppose-to-be very lively and cheerful shop. "What's going on...?" She walked to Mrs Jang direction and put her back on the locker near the cashier desk. Worry expression was sculpted on their face.

"What's wrong with them..?" Asked her to Mrs Jang in a low voice.

"There," she followed the things her finger pointed at. Black luxurious car was parked on the opposite of the street of their bakery. "They kept talking about that car that stopped there for long time."

She didn't pay too much attention on the road as she talked with her mom on the way to come here. "What's wrong with that car?"

"It's been there for few days." Said Inna, one of the waitress in the bakery. "And Seomi even said that she felt strange feeling every time she passed that car. Like being observed."

She frowned her eyebrow. "Stalker...?"

"Hope not." Inna shrugged her shoulder and back to her own activities. She took a look again on that car when everyone back to their own activities.

Look quite familiar.

She took on her green apron, started to do her work. Took the chalk from her locker, she approach the chalk board and write today's menu. She signed her name on the bottom of the board.  

Special by Nicole Jung.

The chalk board on near the chasier was specially made for her. Whenever she got an idea for the cookies or other pastries for the Lily's Bakery, she wrote the list on the board. Mrs. Jang acknowledge her skill in baking, so she let her to promote her own reciepies whenever she's able to do her job in the bakery. And it's never been a bad choice since her cookies popularities was great among the customer.

Ting ting!

"Nicole-sshi~ You have an order for table no. 2" Nicole put her OK sign as she saw the order she got. First order after few days.

"They must be missing your cookies already." Said Inna from the glass window that separate the cashier and baking room. "Why didn't you come these day?"

Bitter smile appeared on her lips.

"I'm.. A bit busy with my college."

A lie.

"Ah, I see."

Actually he's the reason. Indirectly. She believe that food and bakery made with gloomy emotion would only lead to horri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter