Jeonju, The Southest City in Daechang

Bamboo Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun sat on her drawer lifelessly after hearing that her crush, Shinwoo had engaged. She was sure, her time would come too. She really wanted to end this war and marry Shinwoo instead. She thought it was a better decision for her Kingdom, although she really was not into politic.

"Mother," Sohyun smiled when her mother. Sojin smiled back at her daughter. Sohyun always be a cheerful kid, but it was different when Daechang and Hongje fell in to this never ending war.

"Your father wanted to meet you. I think it's about your time," Sojin said.

Sohyun sat on her drawer lifelessly after hearing that her crush, Shinwoo had engaged. She was sure, her time would come too. She really wanted to end this war and marry Shinwoo instead. She thought it was a better decision for her Kingdom, although she really was not into politic.

"Mother," Sohyun smiled when her mother. Sojin smiled back at her daughter. Sohyun always be a cheerful kid, but it was different when Daechang and Hongje fell in to this never ending war.

"Your father wanted to meet you. I think it's about your time," Sojin said.

"But mother," Sohyun nagged. she was sure, what her mother mean.

"Why should I marry someone I don't even know?" Sohyun pouted. Sojin just smiled while caress her daughter hair.

"Because you are royal princess, Sohyun," Sojin said. Indeed, it's hard. Sojin sometimes regret be born in royal family. If she could live as normal people, she could marry a man that she loved, rather a man who loved another woman. It hurt sometimes. But, what could she do? It's for her country. She actually didn't want her daughter feels the same.

Sohyun sighed when she saw her mother expression. Sometimes she always thought what was his father thinking when he was with her mother. Sohyun was not innocent. She completely awared that her father had affaired with Dara, Shinwoo's mother. She knew, Dara and Jiyong had loved each other befor her mother and his father married. She knew Jiyong stopped his relationship when he married her mother. She also knew that she actually had an older sister that had been missing. That time when she was followed her father to forest and meet Daechang's queen and Shinwoo, both Dara and Jiyong was talking about their missing daughter. Sometimes Sohyun wondered, if the kid that had been missing was her, would her father desperately searched her?

"Oemmonim, if we could find my older sister, I won't be forced to marry, will I?" Sohyun asked. Sojin's eyes dilated. She was shocked. It's the first time hearing this from Sohyun.

"How can you know about your older sister?" Sojin asked.

"I just knew," Sohyun answered. If she said that she knew by listening to what her father said when he met with Daechang's late queen, she will break her mother's heart.

"Basically if you have older sister, she will be the royal princess. But, it will be a bit complicated," Sojin said. Sohyun understood what her mother said. Well, her older sister was Daechang's queen's daughter after all.

"Go. King is looking for his beloved daughter," Sojin said. Sohyun smiled then nodded. Although Jiyong couldn't stop his feeling towards Dara, Jiyong still loved his family, his wife, and especially his daughter, Sohyun.

***

Tao followed behind and looked carefully at Minji and Prince Shinwoo who walked in front of him. Minji smiled widely then drag prince to a market. Shinwoo followed her happily. Looking Shinwoo like this really remind Tao when Dara was around. He amazed at how easily prince opened up himself to Minji although she was stranger. It feels like Shinwoo had known Minji for a long time. His gazed now looked at Minji who visit at rice cake shop. Her smiling face when she bought rice cake really looked girly.

"Woah, this is good," Prince said and smiled wide.

"Well, it' good right. It's my favorite food. Jeonju has the best glutton in Daechang," Minji said. She turned to see Tao who looked at them calmly.

"Come here, try this," Minji said while smiling widely.

'He really looked like girl,' Tao thought then come to Minji and Prince Shinwoo who ate rice cake happily.

"How much are they?" Minji asked at the girl who sell rice cake. The girl looked at them. From their reaction. that girl know that three of them are not from Jeonju.

"30 bucks," that girl said and made her received a great smack on her head. Both Tao and Shinwoo surprised at Minji's reaction.

"Yah! Jung Eunji! You haven't changed," Minji said. Eunji's eyes became bigger. She looked carefully at the girl in front of her. She didn't remember that she had met her before.

"Minji, what are you doing?" Tao yelled at Minji. "Gwencanayo?" Prince Shinwoo asked the girl.

"Minji?" Eunji asked.

"Of course, it's me. Have you forgotten me already? Woahhh.., It's only one year," Minji said.

"Of course no, Gong Minji. Woah, I didn't know that you are actually a girl. And pretty too," Eunji said excitedly and made her received another smacked.

"Don't be too loud. I am in disguise," Minji said.

"Why? All of people miss  you here," Eunji said. Tao looked at Minji's back who was talking with rice cake's seller. She looked different. She was not a cocky bodyguard that he always know. Sociable Minji. It reminded him when he met Minji at Yusa. All of people in Yusa also knew Minji.

"I miss them too. I want to surprised them later," Minji said. "Ah, by the way they are my friends. He is Wooji and he is..." Minji paused at moment and glanced at Tao. "He is bonchon," Minji said again.

"Yah, Gong Minj.." before Tao finished his complaint, Minji stepped at hia foot and made him yelp. "You are too loud Bonchon," Minji teased Tao. Shinwoo just chuckled, he never felt this lively before. His life always felt so quiet.

"Ah, Eunji. let us sleep on your house," Minji said.

"Mwo?" Both Tao and Eunji surprised.

"With three men? No!" Eunji said,

"Of course no. At least find a decent accomodation for Pr.." Minji step at Tao's feet harder than before. "You are too loud, Bonchon," Minji said.

"It's okay Bonchon, let's sleep there," Shinwoo said and made Minji laughed at how Prince called Tao with Bonchon.

"But Your Hig.." Minji step at Tao's feet again and made the commander yelped again.

"Wooji is okay, so why can't you?" Minji said at Tao. Tao glanced ag Prince Shinwoo who excited at this.

"Okay," Tao said and made both Minji and Shinwoo did highfive.

"Wait, all of you missing one point here, I am not o..." Minji stopped her by putting her pocket in front of her. "That's 100 bucks," Minji said.

"Woah oppa, you are handsome," Eunji said then take the coins. Minji just chuckled. "Come in. Please use this house like your own," Eunji said then let the guess come.

"Donghyuk, I have a super guessed please watch the shop," Eunji yelled at her brother who slept in his room. "Donghyuk!" Eunji yelled again but she got no response.

"Please wait here," Eunji said then disappeared. Not long after that three of them could hear loud voice and a man who scream after another bang voice Donghyuk and Eunji walked out. Donghyuk walked straight to the shop and didn't care about the guess that his sister had.

"He doesn't change," Minji said then chuckled.

"Woah, actually I am a bit surprised when I step my feet in Jeonju. It's quiet now," Minji said.

"Well, it thanks to you," Eunji said then smiled. She turned to see other two men who sat beside Minji.

"Did he forced you to learn about self defense too? He could be strict sometimes but believe me, it is good for you," Eunji said. Minji smiled hearing this.

"By the way, what city are you from?" Eunji asked.

"Yusa," Tao said. "Woahh, the capital city of Daechang. You must be rich man, right?" Eunji asked again and made Minji laughed.

"Trust me, Yusa is not any better," Minji said.

"No more thug here?" Minji asked.

"Well, there are some, but we could take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter