Okjeo Part III

Bamboo Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji stood in front of Princess’ door. When she saw Princess, she had the same feeling when she met Shinwoo for the first time. Somehow, Princess felt so familiar. She thought maybe that’s the vibe of royal families gave.

“I feel so familiar around Princess. You know, like I have sent her before,” Minji said to Chanyeol.

“Of course you have. She is Princess after all,” Chanyeol said in a matter of fact tone.

“That’s what I think, but I am not from this area you know,” Minji said again.

“By the way, what took him so long? He won’t do anything weird to Princess, will he?” Chanyeol asked.

“I bet they are trying to catch up. Or just stare at each other faces,” Minji said then smiled. Somehow she understood why Shinwoo was so sad about this war and about engagement.

“What is that? It’s sounds weird to me,” Chanyeol said. Minji just could laugh.

“Somehow I am happy that I am not from royal families,” Minji said.

“Why?”

“Nothing. I just blurted weird thing,” Minji said then giggled.

***

Just like Minji thought. Both Shinwoo and Sohyun stared at each other face. They didn’t know what to talk about. Did they need to congratulate each other engagement? There were to many things in their mind to share.

“You look so pretty,” Shinwoo finally said what’s in his mind. Sohyun just smiled at Shinwoo’s statement. After a long time, that was the very first sentence that she heard for him.

“Of course, my engagement party is coming,” Sohyun said. That statement made them fall in silence. There are so many emotion that could be felt in that room.

“I would love to run away with you,” Shinwoo said then made Sohyun widened her eyes.

“I also wou..”

“But, I just can’t. If I came to you a month ago, I would absolutely do that. But, nowadays I understand many things about my citizen, about my kingdom situation. I just cannot leave those just for my personal feeling. I had thought that I regret that I was born in Royal Family. But when I saw with my own eyes about my Kingdom, the thing that I regret the most was I didn’t act like how Royal Family should act. I let them starving because of this war,” Shinwoo cut what’s about Sohyun said. Sohyun felt disappointed. The time she saw Shinwoo face, she thought he came to her to ask her to run away.

“I will build my Kingdom big,as Royal Prince. That was my goal for now,” Shinwoo said again.

“So, we will meet as enemy, won’t we?” Sohyun said. Shinwoo came to Sohyun and hug her. Maybe it was the last hug for both of them.

“No, I will do anything to stop this war. But, I cannot ask you to wait, when you have done it for 7 years. Sorry, for realizing my role late,” Shinwoo said. Both of them had watery eyes. They were in that position for almost five minutes. Both of them didn’t want to let go.

“Your Highness, your time’s up,” Minji whispered from behind the door. Shinwoo finally released his hug,

“I come here to wish you a happy life. Seeing you happy is enough for me,” Shinwoo said while smiling. Sohyun tried to hold her tears. It was not a reunion that she had imagine. She would love to run away with Shinwoo, if he came to hold her hand. But, seeing Shinwoo’s mind right now, she knew that she was not as important as his Kingdom.

“Your Highness,” Minji called once again. Shinwoo then walked away from Sohyun. He also felt that his tears would fall right away. When he opened the door, he could saw Minji’s figure right there. Looking at Minji’s face could calm his feeling a little. Somehow, looking at her eyes made him felt like looking at his mother’s.

“Let’s go,” Minji said. Shinwoo took a deep breath then nodded his head. After Chanyeol peeked at Princess to make sure that his Princess was fine. Although he didn’t understand if Princess really fine or not, but looking that at least his Princess was alive, he closed the door. They walked away from Princess’ room in silence. Although Chanyeol didn’t really understand what happened, he knew enough that he needed to be silence.

“Yah! New comer, why did you take so long?” the lady yelled when she saw Minji’s figure.

“We are so full of work, I needed to bring the food to King’s room,” the Lady said.

“Okay, I will be back to the kitchen,” Minji said, she then ran away. Minji smirked at her self. ‘Like I will really come back to the Kitchen,’ she thought.

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows, he clearly knew that he was the one who supposed to bring the food to King, if the head of Kitchen was unable.

“Then, where is the food ahjumma?” Chanyeol asked.

“Ah, a new comer came and said that you asked him to bring the food instead,” the ahjumma said. Chanyeol looked at Shinwoo. The one who he brought today were Shinwoo, Tao, and Minji. It was impossible for Minji and Shinwoo, because both of them were with him. Then was it Tao? But Tao was with Yoongi, right?

“I will go and check,” Chanyeol said. Shinwoo held Chanyeol’s hand before he ran away.

“I will back to Bonchon to check at him,” Shinwoo said. Chanyeol nodded his head. Shinwoo then ran to Tao. He could feel that something was wrong here. If what he thought was true, and three of them was caught, the war would grow bigger.

Shinwoo stopped his steps. He remembered about Minji. Minji would immidiately ran to Tao, right? Yeah, it was impossible if Minji came back to kitchen. Shinwoo then decided to come back to Tao.

***

Minji stopped her steps when she saw a familiar figure. She was sure she had seen him somewhere in Daechang’s palace. Minji was good at remembering people’s face. She decided to follow the man who brought a food. She hide herself behind the tree.

The guy looked so nerveous. He was about to walk to the King’s room, but he stopped his step. He shook his head then when he was about to knock the door, the eunuch came out from King’s room.

“Is that King’s food? Why did you take so long?” Eunuch said. He tried to take the bucket, but the man held the bucket so tight. Minji just sighed, she took her slingshot that she hide in her shoes. She never thought, that she really needed this.

“Hey! Are you the new comer?” Chanyeol asked while running to the nervous man.

“A good timing, hyung,” Minji said then shot Chanyeol’s leg. He lost his balance then crash the nervous man. All of the food fell to the ground.

“Omo!! What’s happening here?” The kitchen ahjumma ran to the scene. Chanyeol looked at Minji’s direction. Minji just smiled and said sorry to him.

 “I am sorry,” the guy said then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter