Arranged Engaged

Bamboo Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22 years ago

As a royal princess of Daechang Dynasty, Princess Dara had to follow The Queen’s will, Princess Dara’s mother. She was with her personal Lady and followed by palace troops were going to Bongchang dynasty. She was told by The Queen that she would attend the royal engagement in Onjo Temple. The engagement between royal prince of Hongje Dynasty to crown princess of Bongchang Dynasty.

 

In the carriage, her mind was full of thoughts that she felt sorry of that engagement. She knew how the feeling of marrying someone who we didn’t know, see before, or –moreover- love. Yes, She knew it better other than anyone else because she had experienced it too not long ago.

 

The carriage stopped and someone who carried it shouted that they had arrived. Her personal Lady opened the door of carriage and Princess Dara got out gracefully. Everybody knew that Princess Dara had a very beautiful face and everyprince in entire country wanted to be her husband. So, you don’t be surprised if everybody in Temple stared at her in amazed. Dara greeted Park family and congratulated them for the engagement. Dara observed the fiancee, she was pretty graceful, little bit cute, but she lack of expression. Dara thought that Park Sojin, the fiancee, was just like her, didn’t feel happy nor feel sad. Just like her, Princess Sojin didn’t have choice but to accept the engagement.

 

Dara with her personal Lady beside her walked around and met the fiance family, crown prince of Hongje Dynasty’s family. She greated them and then gave her mother’s regard to them. She knew there was something weird when they met Kwon Family, the fiance family, that she couldn’t see the fiance himself, Kwon Jiyong. Where was he in this crucial event? So irresponsible attitude.

 

It’s more like meeting-between-dynasties event than unification-of-two-people-who-loving-each-other event. The difference was engagement wasn’t more formal than meeting although the function was same, these were making an alliance, enlarging reign, helping each other in every aspect, and so on. Because Daechang Dynasty and Hongje Dynasty were close, beside their location, the relationship between these dynasties were close too. So, it could say that the engagement between crown prince of Hongje Dynasty to royal princess of Bongchang Dynasty was building cooperation of three dynasties, or maybe four dynasties if Dara’s fiance’s dynasty was counted in.

 

She knew, someone who had responsibility to attend the engagement was her mother but she was very tired because of Dara’s engagement not long ago. The topics were not her extent and sometimes queens and kings of dynasties glanced at her. In their gaze described ‘this stupid princess, we can’t speak out our strategies. So get out now’. That made Dara felt a little bit awkward.

“If only your mother could attend but we could understand her situation. I feel sorry of her.” Queen of Hongje Dynasty said made Dara gave her smile gracefully, although her heart felt sour.

 

“Thank you for worrying my mother’s condition.”Dara said in gracefulness and bowed. She stood up and then finally she  could get out of that room.

 

She looked up at the sky and the sun  were getting set. Her personal Lady walked beside her and she spoke to Dara “Should I prepare the carriage?”

 

“I just wanna take a walk. It’s too boring if I go straight to palace, Chaerin.” Dara answered when gave a great smile. Chaerin, the Lady, nodded. “Alright, but I should always beside you, Your Highness.” Chaerin said. She turned her head back and she coded the palace troops to leave just two of them.

 

They walked and crossed the little bridge.  The stream under the bridge made a calm sound. Dara stopped her step on the bridge and look around. She could always see this kind of view - the cherry blossom trees in both side of the stream, the wind blew away some petals of cherry blossom, and she could listen the sound of nature - in her palace but saw the same view in the new place, she loved it. This kind of feeling.

 

She walked again and stopped again in the short time. She furrowed her eyebrow wanted to focus her vision. “Don’t say that I saw him inside there.”she said in disbelief. “See what?”Chaerin asked and looked at Dara’s gaze’s direction but she just saw groups of trees which that was absolutely a forest.

 

“Ah, that’s impossible. Let’s go home.” Dara ordered and Chaerin looked to her Master in curiosity but at the end she just nodded. “Alright, Your Highness.” Chaerin said in honor.

 

When they turned back and took steps back to the carriage, they heard someone – maybe something – screamed. They turned again and saw the forest. Their heart was beating fast and they believed that something screamed just now was a-scary-thing. Chaerin grab Dara’s hand and looked to her in anxiety.”Let’s go now.” Chaerin said and pulled Dara. Dara just stared at that forest. Her  gaze was glued at the forest and her heart beat faster.

 

“Your Highness!!” Chaerin shouted almost scream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter