July

Spring Bride

After the engagement party, Hara and I became closer. We would go out on numerous dates; our most favorite place to go was the park. All we would do was walk and talk, and have ice cream later if not a meal. On these park dates I would learn what Hara's favorites were, what her dreams were and what she wanted the most. She never mentioned fears or negative aspects, but I figured that she didn't want to spoil anything so early into the engagement. 

First of all, Hara was very intelligent. She studied at Euhwa's University for Women as a chemistry major. She loved chemistry and literature. She also knew how to speak Japanese and Italian. 

Second of all, Hara had an adventurous heart. She wanted to visit as many countries as she could. She had already visited Japan and Italy, and France was next on her bucketlist. 

Third of all, she had a kind soul. In addition to traveling, she wanted to visit countries and help the poor. She helped in her own country as well. She told me about a time she visited an orphanage in Seoul and distributed toys, school supplies, and school books to all the children. She also donated a hefty amount to make sure they'd have enough to eat, clothing, and proper living conditions. She did this in many different villages as well where people weren't as fortunate.

Fourth of all, she loved animals. Her favorite animals were cats. Since she was an only child she found company in animals. She also mentioned that animals were the only things she found trust in.

Fifth of all, she loved music as much as she loved books. She said that if she could, she would spend all her time reading and listening to music. She listened to just about anything, she didn't discriminate.

Sixth of all, her dream was to be a mother. She loved children and wanted to have a daughter first. She babbled cutely on and on about how she'd dress her daughter in dresses and put bows in her hair.

This was all I learned about Hara, and I was anxious to know more. I gained so much admiration for her, and I vowed to myself to let Hara bloom, and not let this marriage constrain her from fulfilling her desires. Each time we met her smile was brighter, and she seemed more and more happy to see me. I never want to see that smile go away.

After our dates, I thought about what I said at our engagement party. And I felt like what I said was true then, and it is very much true now. I started to fall more and more in love with Hara as July moved on.