June

Spring Bride

After brunch in May our engagement party occured in June. It was a hot day and the sun shined brightly. The garden was adorned with pink and yellow peonies that were planted everywhere. White chairs and tables were arranged in a circle, and there was one in the middle where Hara and I would sit. 

Hara came out dressed in a white lace dress with short sleeves and a circle skirt. Her hair was loosely curled and a gold headband kept her bangs in place. She was absolutely darling, but she still kept quiet and reserved around me. I was going to propose to her today, but I still knew nothing about her.

"Well good afternoon miss Hara. You look beautiful today." I smiled and offered my hand out for her to hold. She quietly took my hand into hers and smiled as a thank you for the compliment.

Guests, mostly family and friends, started to pour in and take a seat at the tables. Butlers rushed in and out giving food to every table. I sat with Hara and quietly sipped champagne. Hara didn't talk much, only when a relative or a friend came up to our table and congratulated us on our engagement. She would only smile and say a thank you before returning to her quietness. Slightly frustrated by the silence, I turned and looked at Hara, 

"Are you against the marriage, Hara? Do you have somebody else you're seeing?"  Her head turned to look at me and her shoulders shrugged ever so slightly,

"No, I have no problem with it. I also have nobody else that I am romantically attached to. Why do you ask?"

"Well....you're so quiet that I felt like you didn't want to be here."

"I'm sorry I've made you feel that way Hyungyoon. It was never my intention."

Her voice and confident diction mesmerized me and made me forget all about being frustrated, I must've been staring at her because she let out a small cute chuckle and sat back again. 

After everyone had eaten, I stood up and took a small black box from my shirt pocket. Inside was the 24k gold ring that I would propose to Hara with. Everyone had quieted down and I cleared my throat before I began my speech.

"Good evening everyone. Thank you for coming on this hot summer day to share this moment." I turned to Hara and took her hand in mine, "A month ago on a rainy day, a flower blew in from my window. This flower....this flower will brighten my day and make everyday beautiful. This precious flower will be taken care of and protected with every inch of my heart and soul. This flower will be loved like no other has ever loved before. And Goo Hara is this flower I muse of so much." I kneeled and opened the black box, revealing the ring that glistened even though the sun had started to hide,  "Goo Hara, will you do the honor of marrying me?" 

Hara looked down at me with her doe like eyes that had to brim with tears. Her cheeks flushed deep red and she quickly nodded her head yes before holding out her hand. I carefully slipped the ring onto her finger and reached down to press a soft kiss onto the back of her hand.