Chapter 6

Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double Update!!!Double Update!!!Double Update!!!

"N- Nampyeon!” Baekhyun lowers his eyes respectively, but his chin is lifted up to meet the elder’s eyes almost instantaneously. “No, do not lower your head. How have you not passed on, we received word that you were deathly ill.” Chanyeol’s eyes seem to be searching for an answer on Baekhyun’s face, but only the boy’s words can reassure him.

“I grew ill in the spring time, at that point I believed I would pass before you could return…But, the gods favored me for here I am. I am healed now, the doctors say there is no need for worrying now.” Baekhyun’s smile is partially genuine and partially painful as the boy tries not think about how long Chanyeol’s been gone, he tries not to think about just how alone he will be once things return to normal again. “Come, walk with me through the gardens.” Chanyeol beckons to the smaller boy, not turning to see if he is following suit as Chanyeol walks off in a different direction. Baekhyun of course scurries after him, trying not to trip over himself in a rush to catch up with the disappearing back of his husband. “So then, what was it like?” Chanyeol’s voice is rough, and Baekhyun nearly swoons at sound, because he’s missed him that much. “Wh-what is it you mean?” Baekhyun stutters, but none the less keeps walking, trying to force down the blush on his face. “Being so near to death, what was it like?” The cherry blossoms of the garden swirled about around them, creating something almost like a small barrier between the couple and the rest of the world. “Terrifying, at first. But slowly, you learn to accept the fate given to you. All I could think about was everyone I loved, I felt so apologetic to them. It wasn’t my fault, I couldn’t stop my ending, but there was still guilt in my heart. Because, it hurts to leave something when you can’t even give forewarning to it. Like abandoning a child, they don’t’ know your intentions, it’s unfair to them. I was being unfair by leaving this world, I wasn’t deserving of the eternal peace I was going to receive…” Baekhyun slowly stops speaking, noticing that Chanyeol has stopped walking and is now a few feet behind him.

“I’m glad, I would have felt cheated had you left the world without…without saying goodbye.” Baekhyun’s heart stops for a moment, and he doesn’t know what to do with the way Chanyeol is staring at him hopelessly, like he is lost in his own emotions for Baekhyun. The moment is dismissed quickly though, and Chanyeol’s eyes return to a cold state. “Uh, yes we should return to mother now. She was preparing the meals as I left…” Baekhyun tries not to frown as he follows after his husband, shuffling quietly like the dutiful wife he should now be.

Winter returns, and Baekhyun is left to sewing again, but this time he seems to always have company. When it’s not his mother-in-law bending down to correct his mistakes caringly, it’s Chanyeol, silently sitting across the room, discretely watching him as he pricks his fingers on the reed needles.

“You’ll gain too many scars that way.”

Baekhyun startles at the deep voice, pulling him from his concentrated tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter