Chapter 4

Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Refer to me as nampyeon from now on.” Baekhyun blushed deeply at the use of such a word, and he was glad that it was too dark for the man to see him. He then realized that the man before him must be Chanyeol, and he was automatically impressed. The man was extremely tall and fit, the perfect type of warrior. His voice was deep and husky, in a way it was soothing enough to allow Baekhyun to dream peacefully once he had heard it.

“Yes…Nampyeon.” “Very Good, now rest before you are introduced to father in the morning.” Chanyeol said, removing the tie around his waist so that he could better remove his top. “Wh-what are you doing?” Baekhyun cried, stumbling down back onto the mattress with a soft thud. “Preparing to sleep, what else? You really are a strange child, then again you are younger so maybe you haven’t matured fully.” Chanyeol shrugged and removed his stockings, finally able to lay beneath the thick blankets Shima had provided in his room. “Lay down, I don’t have time for silly games.” He breathed out dismissively, not even trying to look concerned about Baekhyun’s unease with the situation. But then his mother’s words rang in his ears, and he did just as he was asked and prepared himself in his sleepwear before sliding in beside his nampyeon quietly, as to not disturb him.

The morning sun rose brightly, and Baekhyun awoke to an empty space beside him. He felt a little disappointed, but then remembered that maybe it was for the best that Chanyeol not see him in the morning. He stretched from his spot and removed the blankets covering his body. He flushed at the thought of Chanyeol seeing him in his nightwear, seeing as the coverings his mother insisted he bring along with him were much too thin for his preference. She had reassured him otherwise, but he still felt conscious about being seen in the outfit. He stood and began walking towards the trunk he had brought with him, not noticing the body kneeling before the small shrine on the wall behind him. As Chanyeol finished his prayers, he stood from his knees and turned to find a bare body standing before him, back facing him. Surely the boy was unaware that he was presenting himself in such a way to Chanyeol, otherwise the older man was sure to have problems controlling himself in front of the boy. “Anae, be careful how you show yourself in front of windows. It is shameful to let strangers see your body.” Chanyeol spoke, going to stand a few feet behind Baekhyun. “O-oh!” Baekhyun turned around, the silky material of his shirt clutched close to cover his body. “It is understandable to forget such a thing, but do not allow those who are not me to look upon yourself.” Chanyeol spoke strongly, his eyes burning with an unrecognizable emotion as he tried to maneuver towards the door. Baekhyun stopped him though, his cold palms sending a slight shiver through Chanyeol’s arm. “I-I’m sorry! Please forgive me Nampyeon!” Baekhyun bows his head in what looks like respect, but secretly is just the boy trying to hide his growing blush.

“No need to apologize, now hurry, Father and Mother wish to meet with you.” Chanyeol’s tone is soft and warm, and Baekhyun practica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter