Chapter 1

Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun didn’t want to dishonor his family, he really didn’t but it was hard not to when you were just as awkward as he was. He couldn’t pour tea, he couldn’t cook anything but rice, and he certainly wasn’t posed nor sophisticated as he should be. It hadn’t mattered up until this point that he wasn’t exactly the ideal marrying type, but as he reached his 17th birthday he found his mother worrying away in their small family temple, praying continuously for support as he came of age. When he was younger, he could stumble about and mess things up without much bother, but now that he was considered old enough, now that he was to be sent to visit the matchmaker, it was important for him to have all of the skills he most definitely lacked.

And after countless hours of training sessions with his aunts, they had to face the fact that he was truly helpless in doing anything besides sitting prettily, so they all took to the family temple with offerings galore, praying day and night for some type of miracle. Baekhyun, too ashamed to go and pray himself, only sat in his room quietly, trying to sow an at least acceptable looking handkerchief. This only resulted in multiple stab wounds having to be concealed with gloves after a few hours of the boy sitting with a needle. As the day of his meeting with the matchmaker approached, Baekhyun grew even more worried than before. All he wanted to do was marry into a nice family and bring great honor to his family, maybe even please his father with an heir to the family name later on, though that thought made the boy blush madly. Baekhyun couldn’t see any difference in his behavior, he was still clumsy and horrible at most forms of labor, and he was slowly loosing whatever small ounce of hope he originally had.

He awoke the morning of his meeting, his hair scattered and his eyes watering due to lack of movement in the night. He stretched about in his bed, trying to exit the bed gracefully but only managing to fall down on his back with a low groan against the splintering wood floor. “No, don’t do this now Baekhyun!” the boy pep talked to himself as he pushed himself off of the ground to stand up. Now with a sore back, Baekhyun scampered with bare feet across the cold ground to his door, trying to find his slippers before reporting out into the main room. When he finally did make his way out, his aunts and mother were already chattering about the room, preparations for his meeting already set out on the mats before him. “Oh there he is!” One of his older aunts sings, standing up to pull him into a gripping embrace. “You, don’t go making a fool of the family name today!” Baekhyun hears his grandmother scold him from her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter