Complicated Life

My Friend's Crush

 

[Chapter 2]

Complicated Life

 


 

Jieun was tidying her stuffs. She inserted her notebooks and her pencil case, and then decided to just held her thick textbooks. Jieun stared at her bag once again and sighed softly. She touched a specific area of that bag. Then, she hung that backpack on her shoulders. Jieun’s bag looked kinda old and there were some small holes on it, but still okay to be use – at least that’s what Jieun thought.

She walked to the South gate with Sena and Nara. While Miyoung went to the North gate. Jieun sat on the iron bench on the school park –beside the parking lot. Then, she put her hands inside her pocket and brought out her phone. Jieun pressed some buttons on her phone and put it beside her ear. “Yeoboseyo?”said Jieun when she heard a voice from the other line. “Appa, could you pick me up?” Her expression changed in the next minute. “Euhm, okay.”

Jieun ended the call and stood up. She began to walk, she passed the rows of motorcycles. There were some students. They were joking around beside their motorcycles. Just as Jieun left that rows of motorcycle, Chanyeol appeared. Confused hit Jieun, she did not know what should she do. So she just passed that boy without a single word. And that boy did the same.  He just glanced at Jieun then headed to his motorcycle.

Jieun walked on that empty street. Sometimes, she would raise one of her backpack’s strap –intended to reduse the burden on her shoulders for some seconds. Carrying thick books, Jieun was walking slowly. Her memory flew back to that ‘parking lot accident’. Jieun did not mean to be rude –because she did not greet her senior. But, Jieun also confused. Park Chanyeol was a popular boy, she did not want to looked familiar with Chanyeol. Being a spotlight was not something that Jieun familiar with. She did not really like that idea thought Jieun could be considered as talkactive girl.

Her feet stopped in front of a small stall. In that stall, we could see a woman around forty-years old walked here and there serving the food. When all of the customers got their food, she finally sa on a plastic chair. Her eyes caught the sight of Jieun who had been looking at her. The edge of her lips lifted into a smile. Jieun smiled back.

“Eomma!” called Jieun then ran over to her mom. She placed her textbooks on the table and wrapped her hands on the woman’s waist. “How’s school today?” asked her mom a few seconds later. Jieun just answered with two words “As usual” then joined her mom serving the food.

 


 

It was night when Jieun and her mother arrived at the house. Arriving home, Jieun immediately took a bath and went to her room. The girl immediately looked at the lesson schedule and prepare for tomorrow's subjects. She set up tasks which she had not done on a desk.

She went out from her room and sit on a sofa in the small living room. There is Jinu –Jieun’s little brother– who was watching cartoon on the TV. That seven-years old boy had a milky-white colour just like Jieun and also a black-super-short hair. He turned briefly to realize the presence of his sister.

“Jinu-ah, have you set your books and do your assignment?” Jieun started a conversation. Her brother turned to face her and smiled widely,”Hehe, of course not!”

“Yak, you! Go study! Quickly!” Jieun commanded with a normal volume and Jinu did not move a little, he still focused on the television. “Now!” Jieun repeated again with the began-to-rise voice, but still, her brother was still focused on the television screen. The furious Jieun just grab the remote control from his hand and then change the television channel.

Jinu –who was still considered as a little boy– cried. He is surely a boy but his mentality was still so soft. Maybe, this was because Jinu had a older sister so his acts sometimes looked girly.

Hearing Jinu’s cry-sound, Jieun’s mom who was busy preparing the dinner come and scolded Jieun. “Jieun-ah, Jinu is still a little kid. Don’t be rude”

“I’m not rude, mom. Jinu is way too soft. He is a boy after all. I just take the remote control and he cried. Is there a boy acting like that? Besides, I do that for his own good, so he can study” reply Jieun not want to lose.

Her mom inhale deeply hearing Jieun’s explanation. Her daughter was surely competitive girl, never wanted to lose. Jieun would always going to divide, especially when she felt that she was right. Knowing the end result, Mrs. Jieun Lee did not reply to Jieun again. She advised Jinu softly and then the boy went to study. Mrs. Lee went back to the kitchen.

 


 

As usual, that night there was only three people, Mrs. Lee and her two children. Jieun and Jinu eat their food normally. Eating without Mr. Lee  was not a weird and unusual thing in this home. Jieun smiled sadly remembering that fact.

Jieun was not a girl with a wealthy family. Jieun never regret it. Well, there were times when she will felt envy toward Jangmi. Jangmi’s family was a really rich. She looked so happy with that.

Jieun smiled sadly again at the thought. Even a simple and happy life was still very far from her. Jieun’s family used to be not poor. They had enough income for daily needs. However, the Jieun’s father always ruined their happiness. Mr. Lee is a gambler. Usually, he would ask for money from his wife with a little force. Or he would borrow money from someone then that person would come to the Lee family’s house to collect the debt.

There were times when Jieun just wanted to live with his mother and brother, no more her father. For her, his father just a burden for their family. Her mom worked day and night to pay the debt. They never had a saving. When Jieun thought that their debt would be paid-off soon, his father would come back with a new debt. Sometimes, Jieun thought to just end her life like this. Sometimes, Jieun felt really tired her family –with her life.


 


 

Closing the last book on her study table, Jieun pressed a button on her handphone –which caused the screen lights up. "Half twelve" murmured the girl. She stood up from her seat and walked to her bed. On the bed, there is a laptop. Jieun that thing.

This was Jieun’s favorite time. Nights, time when Jieun could just forget all of her problems and immersed in the virtual world. Checking her social media accounts one by one, chatting with friends, and stalking her idols. Jieun did that routine everyday. It had become a stress releaser for her.

That night, as usual, Jieun slept with her laptop when she was reading fanfictions.

 


 

a/n : Huft, it's been a long time, sorry. And, I sincerely apologize for my bad English. I had a hard time translating this *I made the Indonesian first*. And I realize that my English is bad, so if there is anything you don't understand, feel free to ask! Please anticipate the next chap! ty! Oh yea, I just realize that I got 3 upvote, omg, ty so much! *dancing*

 

For Indonesian : Indonesian version

 

btw, I'm so happy these day >.< because :

  1. 140623 Got7 "A" MV released!!! And also the Got *scream* I totally like the mv! I love them so much, It's just they remind me of 2PM *pls comeback soon 2PM!* Well, they have some differents, yet I love it so much! Check out their official mv here *especially for Igot7*   
  2. 140624 #Khunnieday!!  Our Thai Prince has become a 26th-years old man >.< I wish all the best for him! *I dun rly like say this but hope he'll last long with Tiffany :)* Godbless!! My FA, I got really excited! I did about 5 XD Ah, I made a gif, pls giv ur opinion :)
  3. 140624 I Got7 ep 6 *if I'm not wrong* will be airing tonight :) can't wait >.<
  4. This week, Got7 will hold fanchatting at twitter XD