The Unexpected Gift

Unexpected Love

Claire's POV

As I help him to go inside, I noticed that he's holding a paper bag. I didn't manage to open it. I put it on the living before I helped Junhong to get inside his room and let him lay on his bed. I removed his shoes and covered him with blanket. I sat beside him touch his forehead again. This time he is more hotter.

I quickly headed downstairs to get a towel and a bowl of warm water.

I gently dab the wet towel on his forehead and let it stay there and went to the kitchen to reheat the soup that I brought from mom. As I stir the soup, I wonder what made Junhong to stay outside like that, especially in this cold weather. That jerk! he's really stupid sometimes and I think there is something wrong with his brain.

After I feed him and let him take some medicine. I decided to leave him for a while so he can rest. But as I opened the door Junhong called my name. I paused and look at him. His eyes are closed. Is he dreaming?....dreaming about me?

Aish! Claire don't be a feeling! why would Junhong dream about you!!

Maybe I just misheard him. But as I walk out from the room Junhong called my name again, clearly.

"Claire....Please stay.." he said

"but you won't able to rest if I'm going to stay here" I replied

"please.... just stay beside me until I sleep" he insists

"okay, I'll stay here" 

I sat on the chair beside Junhong and look at him as he get some sleep. I don't know why, but there is part of me that make me want to stay beside him and take care of him until he gets well.

Maybe, just maybe..... I like him.

Junhong's POV

As I opened my eyes, I felt that someone is holding my hand. I look at it then saw Claire, she's the one that holding it. I felt happy when I saw her face that peacefully sleeping beside me. I get up reached her face with my other hand then tucked her hair on her ear. I gently caress her face and watch her as she sleeps. If I could just stare at her like this all day, I think I'll be so happy. I'm about to touch her cheeks again but then she's about to wake up so I decided to go back on my place and pretend that I'm still sleeping. I slowly opened my left eye to see if she's already awake. Finally she get her head up and yawn. I closed my eyes again when she's about to look at me. I felt her soft hands dabbed on my forehead.

"I think youre okay now" she muttered

Claire's POV

I gently dabbed my hand on Junhong's forehead to know if he's okay now. Thankfully his temperature is not that worst than last night. When I looked at his sleeping face I found it really cute. He looks like a innocent child sleeping peacefully. Suddenly I just found myself grinning. Yah!! why the heck are you smiling Claire??!!

When I'm about to look away from him I realize that my fingers are entwined together with Junhong's.

Don't tell me we're holding our hands together for almost 9 hours???!!!!

Aish!!!

I tried to unravel my hands from him but then his hold become tight. Is he already awake?

"J-Junhong.... are you awake?" I bit my lips

There is no respond so I think he's still in dream land. I sigh and tried to separate my hands again but his grip became more tighter.

Aish!! This jerk!! why don't he just let go of my hand?! aaarrgggghhhh! I hate him.

As I looked at him I saw his lips, slowly forming a curve. So he's already awake! And he's doing it on purpose.

"yah jerk!!! I know youre already awake! let go of my hand!" I hit his shoulder

"ouch!!" he screamed

"yah!! why did you hit me??!" he asked

"because youre not letting go of my hand!" I answered

"you can ask nicely!" he replied

"tch! youre doing it on purpose!"

"no I'm not! can't you see that I'm sleeping?"

"yah! I know youre already awake!"

"aisshhhh!"

"just let go of me!" I demand

He swiftly removed his entwined fingers from mine then looked away.

"by the way! youre the first one who hold my hand, so it's your fault!" he said

"my fault?!.....yah.... I'm not the.."

*Flashback*

As I removed my sight from the screen of my phone I saw Junhong's face. His having more specks of sweat. I gently dabbed a towel on his face.

"eomma" he uttered

"Junhong are you alright?" I asked

"eomma! I miss you so much! please come back home now"

"he's dreaming alright" I sigh

"eomma don't leave me, I promise I'll be good boy from now on" he cried

Right now, it's not a speck of sweat I saw on his face but a tear slowly running down from his eyes. He's crying. He misses his mom so much. I wanted to comfort him, but how??

I wipe the tears from his face then hold his hands tightly. I got surprised when he tangled his fingers on mine. While we hold our hands together I leaned my head on empty space and let my eyes close.

*end of flashback*

When I remember all what happened last night, I can't help myself from being so embarrassed to know the fact that I'm the one who hold his hand.

"you remembered now?" he asked with his arms crossed on his chest

"a-ani....." I denied

"aish! you even entwined your fingers to mine" he said

"yah! youre the one who did that!" I replied

"so you do remembered" he grin

"a-ani..."

"yah! dont lie! I already caught you!" he said

" y-yah... what if I hold your hand? is that bad???.... if you don't liked it then I'm sorry!! I will never hold your hand ever again!!" I stood up

When I'm about to walk out he grabbed my wrist.

"I never said I didn't like it" he gently muttered

I looked at him as he looked down.

" I really liked it when you hold my hand, it makes me feel at ease, and whenever youre by my side I feel really happy" he added

I can feel my cheeks heating up when I heard what he said. Is he serious? or did his cold already taken him?

"I think youre still sick ei" I chuckled as I touch his forehead again

"no, I'm okay now" he answered as he removed my hands from his forehead and hold it and stare at me

"aahh.... is that so? so I guess....uhm youre already hungry?"  I asked looking away from him

"a little bit" he answered

"I'm going to cook your breaksfast then" I said as I release my hands from my his hold

"okay" he shooked his head

As soon I get out from the room. I lean on the door then touch my chest. I can hear and feel that my heart is beating so fast. Why did Junhong always did this to me. He's the only person who always make my heart pound like this.

"Claire calm yourself" I muttered as I breath in and out

When I felt that my heart almost slow down. I hurriedly went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. When I finished arranging the table Junhong is on his way on the dinning room. He's wearing a grey turtle neck sweater and sweat pants. He look so handsome even though he's just wearing those simple kind of clothes.

He looked at me as I sat down on the chair across him. Breakfast is almost invading by silence when suddenly Junhong break it.

"Claire, when is your birthday?" he suddenly asked

"why you asked?" I wonder as I eat the spoonful rice

"because I wanted to know everything about you" he answered

I almost choked down when I heared his answer.

"yah, are you okay?" he asked as he offers me a glass of water

"ne" I replied as I nod

When I finished drinking my glass of water, Junhong asked me again if when is my birthday.

"Its March 20" I answered

"oh, okay March 20 ei"

"how about your favorite food?" he asked again

"yah! why you....."

"I told you! I wanted to know you!"

"waeyo?"

" aish.... just answer it!"

" daboki!"

"you like spicy?"

"ne, it's not boring to eat"

"ahh...okay" he smirked

Junhong is really acting so strange after he got a cold. I think his cold also affected his brain and attitude.

"I'm done, thanks for the meal" he smiled at me then hurriedly went upstairs

When I finished cleaning the kitchen. I went straight to my room. Suddenly I saw a bear that looks like December but it's wearing a different ribbon. I picked it from the bed and examine it.Did this bear came from Junhong?

"yah Junhong! is this from you?" I asked

"ne, do you like it?" he answered as he removed his head phone and get up from the couch

"well....uhm....why did you gave this?"

"you don't liked it?" he pouted

"I never said that! I'm asking why did you gave this to me?"

Junhong shook his head down, and it looks like he's trying to say something.

"that's a gift actually" he brushed his nape

"a gift? really? thanks" I smiled

"Claire,... uhm.... by the way, I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for what happened before. I didn't mean to said all of that. " he said

"I promise, I will never hurt you again. Promise" he added as he stare at me

I got surprised when,he's the first one who apologize. I'm also suppose to say sorry because I also hurted him with my harsh words. I got speechless for a minute and didn't really know what should I reply to him.

"I'm sorry too, for hurting your feelings with my harsh words" I said

" what you said back then is true, I always refused your help, I'm sorry"

"so are we okay now?" I smiled

"yes" he simply said

We both smiled at each other. The big whole on my chest just dashed away.

"so what should we call her?" he suddenly asked looking at the bear sitting on my lap

"oh! it's a girl then?" I raised my brows

"December is a boy right? so I think he needs a partner" he chuckled

"well, what do you think?" I asked

"hmmm.... let see"

" how about December?" he suggests

"yah! don't be a copycat!" I patted his shoulder

"hmmm.... since winter is coming and I bought her on that season, why not Winter? it's perfect with December" he said

"I think.... it's to weird" I laughed

"weird? okay I'll never suggest anymore" he pouted like a child

"I'm just joking! Winter is a nice name" I smiled

Junhong face lighten up. Suddenly he just stood up then ran upstairs. The next thing I saw was, he's holding December. He sat down beside me then exchange the bears were holding.

"hi, my name is Winter. What's yours?" he said with a tiny little  voice

I was taken aback on what he did. All I did was laughed.

"yah! go with the flow!" he ordered

"oh...uhmm.. my name is December. Nice meeting you Winter" I replied with a manly voice

"can I be your friend?" Winter asked

"of course" December nodded as their paws reached each other

Junhong and I both smiled at each other. I wish we're always like this. I'm glad I had I friend like him.

A friend?.....

~~

A/N: Annyeong! Yay! They're okay now! What do you think about this chapter? yay or nay? hehehe. I know, the name of the two teddy bears are weird (December and Winter).