Hello

A Bet and A Nerd [HIATUS]

 

 

A groan escaped Tiffany's mouth as she eyed the creepily dressed girl a few tables away from her. Her lips twitched... in a bad way. She thought the bet would be easy, knowing the nerd has some hots for her, but she was wrong. Looking at how innocent-looking the girl was, the bet is definitely not gonna be easy.

 

"Come on, Tiff. It's easy, just make her fall for you, her, and break it to her the next day. You know, just like a one-night stand thingy." Siwon smirked and wrapped his arms around Tiffany's waist, his hand rubbing Tiffany's arms hoping to make her agree to the absurd bet he was proposing.

 

Tiffany sighed, not only was she gonna hang around the nerd, but also is gonna her when the right time comes. She doesn't do that, she doesn't have the heart to, or maybe she does but she's just too lazy. She looked at Siwon who wiggled his eyebrows at her. Now that Tiffany has thought about it, what would be the catch?

 

"And what do I get in return?" She asked, apprehensively.

 

SiWon blinked his eyes for a couple of times before smirking again, "I dunno. I can grant you a wish though."

 

Tiffany's ears perked up, without having second thoughts, she nodded like a child.

 

"Heey~"

 

Tiffany looked up and met a pair of brown eyes, SooYoung, one of her bestfriends, shamelessly rummaged through Tiffany's bag to find her lunch, "Where is your sandwich?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing as she meticolously searched Tiffany's bag.

 

This is it, Tiffany. Just walk to her and get her number. The sooner you finish, the sooner you get that wish.

 

After mumbling a "fighting" for herself, Tiffany made her way to the nerd and sat beside her. Everyone inside the room had their eyes wide as they anticipated for what's gonna happen next. Tiffany looked around and smiled at everyone, her smiles reaching her eyes, making everyone 'aww' in cuteness.

 

"Uhm... Hello?" Tiffany greeted, just above a whisper.

 

Although it came out as a whisper, it didn't fail to make Taeyeon stiff. Tiffany Hwang just said hello to her. If it was someone like Yuri or someone 'normal', Taeyeon won't give a flying and just smile at them but no... Tiffany Hwang wasn't normal in Taeyeon's eyes, she was 'extraordinary' in her.

 

With hesitation, Taeyeon stiffly turned her head to face her long-time crush. As she met those pair of brown eyes, she swears her heart almost stopped beating, the view was breath-taking...

 

And it creeped Tiffany out.

 

"W-were you talking to m-me?" Taeyeon stutteres, timidly pointing to herself as she scanned the room if there was anyone els behind her. But all her doubts went away when Tiffany nodded her head.

 

"Eerr, Taeyeon, right? Kim Taeyeon?"

 

Taeyeon's jaw almost dropped. She clutched the sides of her chair and nodded her head, preventing a grin from making it's way to her face as she blushed in whatever reason there is. I mean, Tiffany knew her! She was basically a nobody in school and one of the popular kids is talking to her and she even knew her name.

 

"I'm Tiffany Hwang." Tiffany smiled and extended her arms for Taeyeon to shake but the latter is just too caught up in the moment to even react.

 

"Hi!" Taeyeon squeaked instead. twitching until it broke into the widest grin possible.

 

As if Taeyeon's stiffness didn't creep Tiffany out. The grin was much more creepier.

 

Seeing TaeYeon has no intention on shaking her hand or whatsoever, Tiffany withdrew her hand and just smiled. She was about to get TaeYeon's number when the teacher entered.

 

"See you later, Taeyeon." She did a mini wave and went back to her seat, not forgetting to sigh in relief.

 

-----

 

"What was that for, Tiffany Hwang!" SooYoung exclaimed as she wiggled her eyebrows to Tiffany who rolled her eyes in response. She was in no mood to talk about it. She did't even want to remember it.

 

"What was what for?" Tiffany asked back.

 

Sooyoung cleared and immitated the way Tiffany 'flirted' with Taeyeon awhile ago, "Taeyeon, right? Kim Taeyeon?" erupting into giggles afterwards. "I didn't even know you knew her name!" she added.

 

Tiffany buried her face in her palms as Sooyoung continued to , "Stop it Soo. Stop!" she grumbled. "It's a bet okay? It's a bet from SiWon! There I said it! You happy now?"

 

Sooyoung stopped giggling but a teasing smile was still present, "Whatever you say..."

 

-----

 

"Well hello Taeyeonniee. How was your day?" A shorter girl asked Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow, seemingly "uneducated" with the rumours spreading inside the campus. "What?" she inquired and she received a chuckle as a response.

 

"Hello? I'm Tiffany Hwang?" the shorter girl immitated.

 

TaeYeon nodded and continued writing on her notebook, "Nothing. She just introduced herself and went back to her seat." she responded in a monotone. Although deep inside, her feels were in deep . A smile unconciously tugs at the corner of her lips as she remembers the little encounter she had with her crush. "All in all, my day went well, Sunny-ah"

 

Sunny smiled at the answer. It has been so long since she saw Taeyeon smile that way. A smile so wide that her chin dimples appear, "It's nice to know that." a frown followed afterwards. It's not like Sunny wants to think negatively, she just can't help it. Tiffany is popular while Taeyeon is like... the least popular kid in town, it's so unusual to see a popular kid 'flirt' with Taeyeon. "You know Tae, I just want to tell you to be careful, okay?" she warned in a gentle tone, not wanting to burst Taeyeon's mini bubble.

 

Taeyeon cocked an eyebrow as Sunny caught her attention, "What do you mean?"

 

Sunny sighed and patted Taeyeon's shoulder, "Nothing. Just be careful okay? Don't just give your trust to anyone." I don't want history to repeat itself, Taeyeon-ah.

 

Taeyeon smiled and patted Sunny's back in response, "By the way, Tiffany asked for my number a while ago and I kinda gave it to her."