Chapter 3: The Meeting

Tales From Earth (Tales of the Human World)

 

We have to call the police.” Jonghyun spoke first as he stared at the women lying in his bed. He gnawed on his lip in worry while watching the girl's facial expression contort in pain.

 

We can't!” Taemin pleaded next to him, “Think of what they'll do if they discover her! Probably put her in some test lab and operate on her somewhere!”

 

Besides...” Key's voice spoke up, “Who would believe us? Can you imagine us calling and explaining such a thing?” Key rolled his eyes as he continued to bandage up what was left of the women's wings.

 

Jonghyun still didn't look convinced. There they were, all together in Jonghyun's less then humble, 1 bedroom and 1bathroom apartment while aiding a fallen angel. While Taemin hovered over the angel with pure childish wonder, Key bandaged the women as if seeing an angel was no big deal. Jonghyun still couldn't wrap his head around the whole situation and wasn't quite sure how Key and Taemin were handling it so well.

 

Jonghyun accidentally bit his lip but payed no mind, “Well, what are we going to do with her?”

 

“The answer is obvious, Jonghyun.” Key stated in a sing song voice as he started tending to her other wounds, “ She'll have to stay with you.”

 

Taemin nodded in agreement. Jonghyun jumped in surprise and then glared at Key, “Why is that the obvious answer?”

 

Simple, our step-mom won't allow women in the house. You know she's old fashioned.” Key sighed.

 

Taemin frowned and looked towards his hyung, “Do you think angels count?”

 

Key rolled his eyes, choosing to ignore his dongseang's question.

 

Jonghyun's mind was trying to play catch up as he struggled to grasp the full situation. “How can I take care of her? I can barely afford to take care of myself!”

 

Taemin looked at Jonghyun with concern, “Don't worry, we'll help you.”

 

Jonghyun wanted to smile in gratitude but it didn't really work, “How?”

 

 We could bring food and clothes and-” Taemin smiled whole heartedly.

 

Wait- lets not jump to conclusions here.” Key cut in, “For all we know, she could have a family of angels hiding here or something.”

 

Jonghyun gave him a dumb look. Key returned it, “What?! Like the situation we're in is any weirder?”

 

Jonghyun sighed in disbelief. Taemin nodded in agreement and Key rolled his eyes in response.

 

Well, sitting around here and moping won't solve anything. Im going to cook us some dinner.” Key said as he got up and walked into the kitchen.

 

I'll come help, hyung!” Taemin followed him. He was possibly the only person excited about this situtation.

 

Jonghyun suddenly felt extremely exhausted after the two men left the room. So he dropped his head like a ton of bricks on the bed beside him. The bed currently holding his new found problem.

 

Jonghyun stared silently at the women as he observed her. The first thing he noticed was the stark contrast of her hair against his dark sheets. It had almost a golden hue as it layed tangled on his bed. The two stubs protruding from her back just over her shoulder blades were now skillfully bandaged. Jonghyun had to give Key credit for his handiwork.

 

Now that Jonghyun had time alone to think, endless amounts of questions entered his mind. He didn't know where to start. Who is she? Why was she here? Where did she come from? What is he going to do with her?

 

Jonghyun was knocked out of his thoughts, however, when he heard a painful groan emit from the women. He jumped in surprise at the sound and started to panic for some reason. The women shuffled a bit and out from under her mass of hair came a face with sickeningly pale skin and tired eyes.

 

To Jonghyun's surprise he felt floored by her other worldy beauty. Although her skin was pale, nearly colorless, it was flawless. It resembled porcelein and he wondered if her skin felt like the strong glass or soft like silk? His gaze unknowingly shifted to her lips, which he found to be the brightest pink depsite the slightly chapped edges. He suddenly had the urge to know what color her eyes were. Would they be similar to the ones here on earth or would they hold that other worldly charm the rest of her seemed to express.

 

Caught by surprise, Jonghyun heard the women muttered something low but he was unable to make out what she said. After a few moments Jonghyun took a deep breath and sighed realizing where his thoughts had went to, “ What have I gotten myself into?” He asked himself.

 

It was then Key came back with a few bowls of hot soup on a tray, “God, Jonghyun. You have absolutely nothing to eat in your house.” Key complained.

 

Taemin grabbed a bowl from Key's tray and handed it to Jonghyun with a pitiful look on his face.

 

Jonghyun hated that look but took the soup anyway, “I know, Key. Another reason why this isn't a good idea.”

 

Key sat down with his bowl next to Taemin who was now happily eating, “Please, don't give me that. We already said we would help you out. This is our responsibility now.”

 

Taemin nodded in agreement before a sly smile made it's way onto his face, “So Key?”

 

Key knew that tone of voice an straightened his back in anticipation, “Yes?”

 

Now, what was that you said about angels not being real?” Taemin gave him a sly look with a huge grin.

 

I don't know what your talking about.” Key feigned innocence as he ate his soup.

 

You don't, huh?” Taemin raised an eyebrow. Key nodded.

 

Come on, Key!” Taemin hit Key's shoulder causing him to spill a bit of his soup. Key glared at him in response but it didn't effect Taemin, “Just admit it, hyung!”

 

Key pushed his brother away causing his soup to almost spill over, “Never.”

 

Jonghyun finished up his soup and sighed in contentment, ignoring the two bickering brothers. As Jonghyun went to return the bowl to the tray he almost dropped it in surprised when he noticed the eyes of the angel staring at them.

 

Jonghyun froze. They were teal, a luminescent teal.

 

I said nothing like that!” Key was so far in denial by now.

 

“Just admit it! Jonghyun,” Taemin called, “Didn't Key say that-”

 

Taemin forgot the rest of the sentence and looked on in shock at the women now sitting up in bed.

 

What are you guys-” Key joined the group of shocked faces with one of his own. There was a long moment of silence but Taemin gained his bearings first.

 

Hello, Miss. Angel!” Taemin Jumped up on the bed in excitement this time causing the women to jump slighty in shock.

 

Your scaring her, Taemin!” Key pulled the boy back without hesitation. The angel, now with wide eyes looked at the .

 

Im sorry, miss” Key decided to speak first, “That was my little brother Taemin. My name is Kibum but everyone calls me Key.” He held out his hand in greeting but the women just stared like it was a foreign object. Key retreated his hand in embarrassment. The girls eye's then shifted to Jonghyun which sat there quietly.

 

Key followed her eyes, “This is Jonghyun and this is his house.” Key said pointing to the walls around them.

 

The girl followed the mans finger but stayed silent. There was once again an awkward silence as each party stared at one another.

 

You think she even speaks korean?” Taemin whispered to his brother. Key shrugged his shoulders.

 

Maybe English?” Taemin asked before speaking out loud in both languages, “ Do you understand us?”

 

No response.

 

The only man who had yet to say anything was Jonghyun whom noticed the weariness more then worry in her eyes. Wouldn't a women who woke up to a room full of men be more surprised? Jonghyun then saw her eye's shift swiftly to the bowl in his hands. Her eyebrows furrowed in question before a grumble sounded from her stomach. The women's eyes popped open in surprise as she held her stomach. She glanced at Jonghyun with a pleading look.

 

Jonghyun nodded, understanding what the women wanted. He filled his bowl up to the brim with soup and brought it over to her. She backed away slightly in fear as he handed the bowl over.

She glanced up at him with a suspicious look.

 

Here, it tastes good.” Jonghyun decided to put her mind at ease by grabbing his spoon and swallowing a spoonful of it himself, “See, nothing wrong with it.”

 

The womens eyes lit up as she snatched the bowl away from Jonghyun and immediately began drinking the soup straight from the bowl.

 

Jonghyun heard clapping behind him and turned to see Key cheering with an astonished face.

 

Great job, Jonghyun!” Taemin's smile returned, “Looks like she was really hungry. How did you know?”

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders feeling accomplished for a minute, “I don't know.”

 

The women grabbed Jonghyun's attention by pulling on his sleeve. He turned to face her and was met with an empty bowl of soup held out in her hands.

 

More?” Jonghyun asked, astonished. The girl didn't respond but instead gave him a demanding look. Jonghyun then grabbed the bowl and filled it back up before returning it to her. She once again swallowed it down.

 

I wonder when the last time she ate was?” Taemin asked.

 

How long had she been outside before you guys found her?” Key inquired. Jonghyun just shrugged his shoulders.

 

All three men were surprised when they heard a small burp come from the women. The women held her hand over as if she wasn't aware of the sound coming from her lips. She gave the boys a surprised look.

 

Taemin just smiled while Key chuckled. Jonghyun took the bowl from her hand before offering her more. The women stared at all three of them for a moment before a serene expression painted her face.

It shocked them all.

 

Although the women didn't say anything, a golden aura seemed to emanate from her as she once again took the bowl. It got brighter and brighter as it started to light the room. The men looked on in quiet astonishment as they watched the phenomena take place. Her hair took on a glinted glow as it started to levitate and flow around her. Her eyes closed for a moment as she took in a large breath and exhaled smoothly at the smell of the soup. When they opened again, the aura was gone and her hair once again, lay in tangles on the bed.

 

The men were speechless. Key's jaw dropped while Jonghyun stood standing besides the bed like a fool. Even Taemin had nothing to say.

 

Thank you” A melodious voice, calm and light spoke up which pulled the men out of their stupor. The women finished with a small smile that floored all of them.

 

N-no problem” Jonghyun forced because the other men were speechless. The women went back to joyfully eating, giving no attention to the human's stunned expressions.


A/N: And there we have it!! Chapter 3. Please let me know what you think! :D