Chapter 1: Prologue

Tales From Earth (Tales of the Human World)

Tales's Of the Human World (Tales From Earth)

Earth, a world filled with the largest oceans, tallest trees and vast lands. A place where creatures of the air, earth and ocean meet just to co-exist with the most confounding creatures of all.

 

Humans.

 

Beautiful people of all different colors, races and religions living together in disharmony. Such creatures live off bountiful land just to destroy it. Such a confusing bunch of creatures. They are capable of war, murder, , abuse, assault, starvation and famine. And yet, these same creatures hold a love and commitment incapable by some and would even save a life at the cost of their own. They can even overcome the worst adversity with insurmountable courage.

 

Such a place and its people were only known to me through fairy tales and urban legends. I wasn't one of those naïve children that believed in such non-sense stories. They were nothing more then a story told to children at bed time.

 

That was what I use to think anyway. At the moment, I was being forced to come to the conclusion that the Human World was indeed real and that I had been lied too all 21 years my life.

 

Surrounding me were plants, sounds and smells I have never experienced before. If it weren't for the fairytales I had been taught as a child, I would never have been able to identify the rich colors of the trees towering above me or the heavy scent of earth beneath me. It was all too real. I could feel the new sensation of something rushing underneath my skin, a beating in my chest and tingly sensations all over my body. I also became aware of the crisp night air entering and leaving my lungs. There were so many new feelings that my newly developed senses couldn't handle and it was becoming overwhelming.

 

A feeling I quickly identified as fear washed over me as I realized there was a pain radiating from my upper back. I was too weak to move so I couldn’t look over my shoulder to check. Instead, I tried flexing the muscle but it caused so much pain I screamed in agony. It was too much to bear. I then remembered what the elder back home had told me before I was banned,

 

To truly a tone for a sin, an angel must relinquish what she holds most sacred.” She shivered fearfully as she remembered the mans vicious smile and dark eyes.

 

 

No, please-please, let me still have them” Being completely motionless Melody could do nothing but hope her back was not completely bare of her wings.


A/N: So! Here is the prologue. This chapter is rather short but im warning you now, my other chapter wont be. ;D 

This fic is going to involve all kinds of supernatural beings: vampires, demons, ghosts and...male cafe butlers?

(Butlers count as supernatural right? Correct me if i'm wrong)

This is my first fic posted on AFF( and online in general), but not my first written. I'm my own proof reader sadly, (as I hope you won't be able to tell). So please excuse me if something doesn't flow correctly or instead, just let me know. :D Constructive criticism is always helpful!