More than Friends at Eighteen II

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Falling #5 Part II

September 4, 2012

 

Ever since Kai had declared us “soulmates”, we basically spent every waking moment together. We were glued to the hip the entire summer going into senior year. The teasing by the boys had increased exponentially as they constantly referred to us as the “newlyweds”. Eventually I gave up on telling them to shut up and denying it, much to their glee.

 

Not only did the amount of time Kai and I spent together increase but did the amount of skinship between us, random compliments, and times I catch him staring at me deeply in thought.

 

We spent our summer mornings going grocery shopping and making (or attempting to make) breakfast with messy hair and in pajamas like newlyweds.

 

We spent our afternoons in arcades, movie theaters, the dance studio, amusement parks, bubble tea shops, shopping malls, and pools like young teenage lovers.

 

And we spent our nights sharing our deepest thoughts and feelings under the stars like an old married couple.

 

“Geez, can you guys get together already?” Sehun cringed as he watched Kai play with my hair as I did my homework. It unfortunately was the first week of school and I felt regret for taking so many difficult and advanced courses every time I glanced at my homework load.

 

“Seriously, anyone could tell that you guys like each other.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he stuffed his face with chips.

 

Kai responded by childishly sticking out his tongue at the both of them, neither denying or agreeing with both of their statements.

 

“Don’t tell us what to do.” he said simply before returning his attention to the ends of my hair.

 

“Translate the following phrase into French: He then stole my first kiss under the moonlight.” My homework read.

 

I smiled secretly as I remembered my first kiss, which happened only two weeks prior from today.

 

“Oh come on, just dance with me once.” Kai wiped the sweat off his face with the towel I threw at him. I had just dropped by his dance studio with some lunch for him. After I had arrived everyone inside silently started pouring out of the room until it was just us alone.

 

“No.”

 

“One song. That’s all I’m asking. If you hate it so much I won’t force you to do it again.” He pleaded.

 

“No thanks.” I crossed my arms over my chest, unwilling to give in. I wasn’t about to embarrass myself.

 

“Please.” Kai pouted. I bit my lip and tried to look away knowing that I would always give into his aegyo.

 

“Alright, fine.” I sighed, throwing my hands up in defeat, “One dance, you’re leading.” He grinned at my sudden compliance before grabbing my hand and leading me to the center of the dance floor.

 

“Of course babe.” He let go of my hand momentarily to stroll over to the stereo at the end of the room.

 

After a few moments a slow song began to play, it was one of my favorites ‘Can’t Help Falling In Love’ by Elvis Presley. The song gave me such a nostalgic feel, my parents used to sing it together all the time, whether it be while they washed dishes together, cooked dinner together, or danced.

 

“Shall we?” he offered me a cheesy smile while offering me his hand. I placed mine in his as I let out a nervous laugh. He pulled me closer, resting one hand on the small of my back. I responded by placing my free hand on his broad shoulder.

 

After a few stiff and awkward steps Kai stopped abruptly. I finally looked away from my feet to read his expression, which was an amused frown.

 

“Relax.” He said, “Stop staring at your feet. you won’t step on mines. I promise. Just look at me and trust me okay?” I nodded and we began to move again, swaying side to side in a simple fashion.

 

I took the time to study his perfect features once again from up close. His dark hair was whipped upwards today in a messy fashion, showing off his clear tanned skin. His thick eyebrows framed his friendly eyes. I stared at his sharp prominent jaw line, a bead of sweat he had missed laid on the corner threatening to fall off. And finally my attention was occupied by the shape of his pink pouty lips. The very same ones I spent a bit more time than I’d like to admit imagining what they’d feel like.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter