I'm In Love

Hot n Cold

Jessica sat at her desk waiting for the phone to ring. Studying became harder as she tried wasting time before her best friend was to come over. She was already thirty minutes late and Jessica was getting annoyed, but this was not new. Her friend was always late with some sort of excuse and Jessica would have to forgive her. I guess that is what love does to you; you end up forgiving the person no matter what mistake they make.

After another thirty minutes of staring at her book blankly, Jessica’s phone finally rings. She looks at her caller ID and smiled, “Are you here?”

“Yep. Can you let me in downstairs?”

Jessica got up and started looking for her keys, “I am on my way.”

Jessica made it downstairs to the lobby of her dorm and let her friend in, “Sorry I was late. I had some things to do after work.”

Jessica just went in to give her friend a hug, “It has been a while.”

Her friend smiled and returned the hug, “I missed you too.”

The two girls made their way back upstairs into Jessica’s room. “So what did you want to do tonight Taeng?”

“I am so tired Sica…maybe a movie?”

Jessica smiled and went to pick out a movie she knew her friend, Taeyeon would like, “Humm action or a love story?”

Taeyeon was already making herself comfortable on Jessica’s couch, “Humm a chick-flick would be nice.” Jessica smiled and put the movie into the DVD player before joining Taeyeon on the couch.  The movie started but Jessica’s attention returned to Taeyeon. She noticed that Taeyeon must be a little cold so she found a blanket nearby and they both cuddled in the sheets together. Taeyeon just smiled at Jessica’s kind gesture before returning her attention to the movie.

The girls watched the movie for a while until Jessica became distracted by Taeyeon again. This time her eyes gazed at her lips. A nervousness was making her heart tighten and excited at the same time. She was battling her inner self. She wondered if she should make a move or not. Every part of her body told her that she should just go for it. It was okay the last time and she seemed to enjoy it the first time. A second time would be okay right?

Jessica took a deep breath and turned to lean into Taeyeon. Taeyeon saw Jessica getting closer so she turned to face Jessica. She wasn’t expecting Jessica’s lips to press on hers but she responded to the kiss. Jessica took control of the rhythm of the kiss, but the more she tasted the lips on hers, the more desperate Jessica was to have more. Her hormones were almost out of control as if this would be the last kiss she would get from the other girl. Taeyeon finally pulled away from Jessica’s advances and stared in her eyes before Jessica spoke, “sorry I got a bit carried away.”

Taeyeon repositioned herself to watch the movie, “It is okay.”

Jessica was smiling that the girl responded to her kiss the second time. The rest of the movie, her mind flashed back to the first time they shared a kiss:

 

It was a typical Friday night and Jessica was meeting her friends from her hometown to have a bit of fun at a house party. Her friends lived in the city and decided to just get a whole bunch of alcohol and catch up on their high school days to what they had been doing till now. Of course Taeyeon was there since Jessica and her have been the best of friends since high school. They hadn’t seen each other that much because Jessica decided to go to college while Taeyeon went to work right after high school. Yet their friendship never faltered since they still kept in constant contact through texting and occasional meetings.

Jessica entered her friend Sunny’s house with open arms. It had been a while since the two had time to visit each other. Jessica went to the living room where she saw her friends Yuri, Tiffany, and of course Taeyeon. “Is there anyone else coming?”

“I called Yoona but she was busy tonight. Oh but Donghae and Siwon are on their way.”

“That is fine. The smaller the better.”  Jessica went over to hug all of her friends when she walked in the room before taking a seat next to Taeyeon. The two smiled at each other like they were the only two in the room. Their gaze drifted when they heard the male voices echo from the front door.

“Who is ready to have fun!” Donghae was holding up some bottles of vodka and rum while Siwon came in behind him with a case of beer.

The next hour was filled with small talk while everyone was busy trying to let their alcohol take effect. To make everyone even more drunk, Siwon initiated a drinking game. It was short lived but it managed to make most of the girls drunk enough to agree to spin the bottle. At this point, none of the girls cared if they were at a disadvantage and would most likely be kissing a girl.

Jessica was the probably the most excited one in the room at the moment. She secretly had been harboring feelings for her best friend Taeyeon for almost a year now, but confessing her feelings would mean that what they have now could go away. Games like these could let her get what she had been pinning for the most over the years without having to outwardly express her feelings towards Taeyeon.

Everyone was in a circle while Donghae decided to initiate the first spin. The bottle spinned until it landed on Yuri. No one yelled out extra actions so they just shared a quick peck on the cheek. Yuri spinned the bottle next and it landed on Jessica. Jessica groaned because she heard one of her friends say “lips” so Yuri went and placed a small peck on Jessica’s lips. Everyone was cheering and saying very embarrassing things which made the two become very red in the face. Jessica spinned but was disappointed that it landed on Siwon. Lips were called out again so she had to place a small kiss on his lips. Siwon spinned and this time it landed on Taeyeon. Jessica looked away when they shared a kiss. She knew it would hurt if she saw it. Sunny wanted to make the game more interesting so she yelled out ‘tongue’. Taeyeon tapped Jessica on the shoulder,  “Jessica It landed on you.”

Jessica’s insides were flipping, she didn’t know if this was real or not. Because of what Sunny yelled out, they had to kiss and at least let their tongue’s touch. Taeyeon spun the bottle so she leaned in to kiss Jessica. Jessica’s mind went blank while the audience held their breath while the two shared a sweet but more passionate kiss when their tongues collided. Jessica wasn’t sure if the kiss lasted two seconds or a minute because it was over before she knew it. Jessica’s focus left the game for her mind couldn’t get rid of the idea of how soft and sensual of a kisser Taeyeon was. It was everything she was expecting and more.

 

Jessica returned her focus on the movie while her head leaned itself on Taeyoen’s shoulder. Taeyeon wasn’t used to the added weight so she shifted until they were both comfortable. Before Jessica knew it, the movie was over, “Did you want to watch another one?”

Taeyeon looked at her phone, “I think I should go. I am meeting up with someone else tonight.”

Jealousy was taking over Jessica but she knew she had no right to be jealous of the choices Taeyeon would make. She should feel honored more that Taeyeon still made time for her. With a heavy heart, Jessica led Taeyeon to the door. “Just text me that you made it home alright.”

Taeyeon reached for the door, but she felt Jessica grab her wrist, “Sica…I need to go.”

Jessica leaned in and gave Taeyeon a soft and gentle kiss goodbye. Taeyeon responded but again was the first to break the kiss. Jessica watched Taeyeon leave once again. She hated how she would wait for the girl the whole day and then have to see her leave only after seeing her for an hour or two. Her heart wanted Taeyeon all to herself but it never seemed like that. Although Taeyeon did kiss her back.