Final Part

Coffee Shop Love

Author's note: Ok so this is the end of it! It's a long time coming and I hope it's ok.  Thank you all for sticking around through this, I've been a little distracted because I'm also super into Homestuck and have been rereading that so that's where my mind is (also if by chance any of you are Homestuck fans too, I ship DaveKat like no tomorrow).  So yeah, I hope you all enjoy this.  Lots of love until next time <3

 

I walk down the steps and pause at the sight of Changmin, his back is to me and it looks like he is talking to one of my neighbors.  She must be a fan because next thing I know, she’s handing him something to sign.  Once she scampers off, he turns around, eyes landing on me with a smile before making his way towards me.

“Hi! Ready to go?” he asks.  His voice is so smooth and I blush, not able to get the image of him on the TV out of my mind.

“S…Sure…where are we going?” I ask, blushing at my nerves stutter.

“There’s this really small place that I like that has the best pizza so I figured we’d go there.  If that’s ok with you of course.” He says, still smiling.  His large eyes are bright and reflect his amusement at how I squirm slightly under his gaze.

“That…That sounds great.” I say smiling back.  My cheeks still feel really warm and I know that I’m still blushing.  Famous or not, he’s still way too attractive and the extremely well fitting jeans and button up shirt that accent and accentuate everything really aren’t helping.

Suddenly his hand is on my lower back and I squeak in surprise. 

“You ok?” He asks, still clearly amused but not removing his hand that feels really warm on my back.

“Y…Yeah…You just surprised me.” I say smiling, my blush deepening.

“You really are too adorable, come on let’s go.” He says chuckling as he leads the way out of my apartment building.

Once we’re at his car, I’m taken by surprise at how modest looking it is.  For someone as famous as he is, I was expecting something with more flash to it.  He opens the door for me and I mumble a quiet thank you before getting in.  He quickly gets in on the other side before starting the car and off we go.  At first we’re silent but surprisingly it’s not awkward.

“So how long have you worked at the coffee shop?” He asks, breaking the silence.

“Ummm…about 4 years now.  It started as trying to earn some money for college but I grew to love it.”  I say honestly.  Thankfully my stutter seems to have stopped since weirdly enough, I don’t feel nearly as nerves as I did earlier.

“It’s important to do what makes you happy.” He says, a slight smirk playing on his full lips.

“So what makes you happy?” I ask, getting a little bolder.

“Music, it’s my job and my escape…what do you listen to?” He asks.  Normally this wouldn’t be that out of place of a question for a first date but I could tell by the slight look in his eyes that he was trying to see how much I knew about him.  That’s when I decide that I’m not going to let on that I know.  I don’t want him to think that I’m just with him because he’s famous or that I’m a fan since clearly I’m not.  Heck, I didn’t even know he was famous until this evening.

“I’m an alt girl…most of the bands that I like most people haven’t ever heard of.” I say and he seems to relax a bit.  That seemed to be the right answer.  “What about you?”

That smirk is back and instead of answering, he turns on the music in the car and a cd starts playing.  It just happens to be one of my favorite songs right now.  I squeak again but this time in excitement.  “You know this song?!”  I ask as I start singing along to it.

“Yeah…I take it you like it?” he asks with a laugh.

“It’s one of my favorites” I say, smiling and look over at him, only to see him looking back and for the first time that night, our eyes meet.  I look away quickly and blush again and I hear a chuckle, which means that he saw. 

“Where here.” He says, getting out and quickly getting the door for me.  His hand finds it’s way to my back again as we walk up to the restaurant.  I’ve decided that I really like it there, there’s something warm and comforting about it.  It’s such a small and causal restaurant that we just seat ourselves.  After we decide on the pizza, Changmin goes up to the counter to place our order.  Once back in his seat, leans forward, elbow resting on the table and chin resting on his hand.  His gaze if focused on me and it makes me nerves again.
“Are you always this nerves?” He asks and I look up, his face questioning and I’m slightly startled by the question.

“I…I don’t really have a lot of dating experience.  I’m mostly invisible to the male species.” I admit softly and he chuckles warmly and takes my hand that is resting on the table.

“That’s lucky for me then.  I don’t have to try to steal you from someone” he says, voice playful and thankfully our pizza comes, saving me since I don’t know how to respond to that.

I take a bite of the pizza on my plate and light up. “This is amazing” I say and Changmin laughs at me.

“I do know my pizza,” He says, taking a bite of his own.

Just then a group of girls enter and they must of noticed Changmin because they squeal really loudly and practically run to our table.  They start gushing about how big of a fan they are Changmin is polite towards them but I can tell that he’s annoyed.  Thankfully they completely ignore me and after a lot of autographs and photos, they leave us alone. 

“I’m so sorry.  I should explain” He says, voice sounding defeated and I can tell that he thinks I’m going to run.

“You really don’t need to.  I saw you on the TV while I was getting ready so I know who you are...though I didn’t until then” I say softly and I can see confusion and uncertainty on his face. 

“Are you ok with that?” He asks, still looking uncertain.

“My friend is the fan, not me.  For all I care, you’re just some really unnaturally attractive guy that asked me out for God knows what reason.” I say, honestly but still keeping it playful.

“How about we get the rest of this pizza to go and then finish it at my place.  It’s not that far from here,” He says, looking more uplifted by my response and how I’m handling the situation.

“Sounds fun,” I say and he goes up to talk to someone about getting a box.  After coming back we stick the pizza in its box and make our way back to his car.  Once in, with the pizza in my lap, we drive in silence for the short drive to his apartment.  It really was a short drive and before I know it, I’m inside his apartment.  Greeting us at the doorway is a small, white dog. 

“Hi Mangdongie” Changmin coos at the dog while he takes his shoes off before taking the pizza from me so I could do the same.  I crouch down and pet the small dog, and she starts my hand.  “Looks like she likes you,” Cangmin says, smiling at us.  He looks a lot more comfortable in the safety of his own home. 

“She’s so sweet,” I gush, following him into his large kitchen, dog trailing behind us.

“This place is so nice,” I say, taking in my surroundings.

“You’re actually the first girl I’ve ever brought here,” he admits before moving to the fridge to pull out a bottle of wine.  That confession stunned me.  Not so much because of what he said but the meaning behind it.  Even though this is only a first date, he brought me to his most private and intimate place and I felt super confused by that.

The glass of wine that is placed in front of me breaks my daze and I look up to see Changmin staring at me curiously.  The pizza is sitting on the counter and I flip open the box, helping myself to more of it since we were interrupted at the restaurant and I was still kind of hungry. 

Changmin must find amusement in this because he chuckles slightly, “What?” I ask slightly defensively as I finish off the rest of the slice I was eating

“Nothing, I’ve just never known a girl to be this into pizza on a first date.” He says, teasing.

“It’s delicious and I was still hungry,” I say with a shrug before taking a drink of the wine.  We continue to chat and drink wine, and then Changmin suggests we move to the living room to watch a movie.  We’re situated on the couch with the movie playing, Mangdong’s head is resting on my lap as I her soft fur.  I look over at Changmin and he’s watching us instead of the movie.

“I’ve never seen her take to someone that quickly.” He comments and I blush for the umpteenth time that night, focusing more on the dog in my lap.

Just then I look up at him and decide to ask the question that’s been on my mind since he first gave me his number,  “Why me?”

He seems a little taken off guard by that comment and takes pause to think before answering.  “Because I make you flustered.  Not because of who I am but because of just me.  And I find it extremely endearing and adorable,” He says, his gaze soft as he waits for my response. 

Not knowing how to respond to that, I shift the dog off of my lap before moving to curl up directly against the man next to me.  I feel his stiffen slightly before relaxing, an arm wrapping around me.  He uses his other hand to tilt my face up and next thing I know, he’s kissing me.  There’s no hidden intent behind it, it’s just a sweet kiss that I eagerly give back.  We spend the rest of the night sharing wine and kisses until it gets too late and he takes me home, thus ending my first date of many to follow with the world famous Shim Changmin.