Part 3

Coffee Shop Love

After helping the group of girls, I notice something on my side of the counter.  It’s a coffee collar, and on it reads Shim Changmin and has a phone number under the words ‘text me’.  He must have done that while I was making his coffee. 

A few hours later and its closing time so after cleaning up, I lock up the store and walk home.  Once there I take a shower to get rid of the smell of coffee and when I’m picking up my clothes to put them in the laundry bin, the coffee collar with the phone number falls out of my jacket pocket.  I pick up the number and lay in bed with my phone debating on whether I should text the number or not.  Even thout I’ll probably regret it, I decide to text my friend and see what she thinks.

‘Hey so he gave me his number and I don’t know what to do.’

Almost immediately she texts me back

‘OMG! Mr. y Americano gave you his number and what do you mean you don’t know want to do?! Text him! NOW!’

‘Turns out he actually has a name…Shim Changmin’

‘You lucky , if you don’t want him, give me his number and I will’

‘No! He’s mine :P I’ll text you back after I talk to him’

‘I want every detail’

Deciding I have nothing to lose, I decide to send him a message.

‘This is the barista from the coffee shop…so…um…hi?’

I’m kind of surprised when I get a message back

‘Hi :) You’re as adorably awkward on the phone as you are in person’

I scoff at that and before I can respond I get another message that makes me laugh

‘I like awkward ;)’

That makes me laugh so I respond

‘I’m flattered then :P’

‘You should be, it’s not every day that I give cute baristas my number’

‘What an honor.  So what’s up?”

‘Not much, just chillin’ with the puppy.  What’s up with you?’

‘Just talking to you ;)’

‘:D …and I hope I’m not coming on too strong but I’d like to take you out to dinner some time’

‘I would like that :)’

‘Great! I have to go but I’ll talk to you tomorrow and we can figure something out’

‘Ok…good night :D’

‘good night’

I plug my phone into the charger by my bed and crawl under the blankets, feeling happier than I have been in a long time.