Part 5

Coffee Shop Love

Author's note: Sorry this part took so long, I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with this since the idea kind of ran away from me but I think I've got that train of though back so here's this and I hope it's ok.  The next part will be the actual date which will be fun and awkward and will probs take some time for me to put up since I'm not entierly sure what I want out of it so hang tight for that.  This has been a lot of fun to wright and I hope it's a fun you all of you to read.  As always, lots of love to everyone :)

 

It’s finally time for me to leave so after finishing up with my last few customers, I hang up my apron in the back and leave to make my way home.  Once there, I strip out of my work clothes and get into the shower because I don’t think burnt coffee is the best smell for a first date.  Once I’m smelling like a person again, I dry off and with the towel wrapped around me and another wrapped up in my hair, I turn on my TV on my way to my closet.  It’s turned to some music show that is on that I don’t normally watch but the channel was from some movie I was watching last night.  Too lazy to change it, I just let the sounds of pop music fill my room.  I don’t normally listen to pop music like this normally aside from what is played in the coffee shop or when I randomly turn it on the radio so most of the songs and artist names mean nothing to me.  I’m browsing through my clothes trying to figure out what to wear when something on the tv makes me freeze.  I hear a voice that sounds weirdly familiar and suddenly the name Changmin is mentioned with another name.  It couldn’t be my Changmin…could it?  That voice speaks again and I run out from my closet and sure enough on the tv is the man that I have dinner plans with now singing and dancing on stage with another man about is height and an entire team of backup dancers.  Stunned and still decked out in towels, I move to sit on the bed, not sure at all what to make of the situation.  I open my computer and search Shim Changmin and once again, sure enough pages and pages of stuff come up all with his face plastered to it.   The group name is Tohoshinki, or so I learned from the wiki page that comes up with his name attached to it.  That would explain why my friend was acting weirdly spastic about your date with him.  She is a huge fan of the group so of course I've heard her talking about them and even heard some of their music before but I never really gave them much attention other than that.  I look back up at the tv and their song is just finishing and I am caught off guard by his charismatic smirk at the camera.  I can’t believe this is the same man who gave me his number and wants to have dinner with me.  What would he want to do with me?  Now I’m even more nervous about my date tonight since my company will be a world famous pop star.  Panic over the situation starts to take over so I text my friend who should be off work by now herself.

‘WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME MY DATE WAS FAMOUS?!?!”

‘I thought you knew?  I talk about him and Yunho almost all the time…’

‘I never listen when you fangirl…I’m freaking out now though. Like why would he want me…”

‘Thanks a lot :P and he thinks you’re cute! Shim Changmin thinks your cute so seriously be more appreciative!’

‘Our date’s going to be weird now! Like I’m already awkward as it is and that’s when he was just really hot but now he’s famous’

‘Wear that cute floral dress you have, the yellow one and just try to play it cool…or as cool as you can be ;)’

‘*sigh* Ok, I need to start getting ready.  I’ll text you when I get back home’

‘You better since you are living my dream so I fully intend to live through you.  Hey, once you two are official, could he set me up with Yunho?’

‘I’m just going to ignore that…’

‘Fine go get pretty for my dream date’

I laugh at that before closing my computer and tossing my phone on my bed to go get ready for my date.  I pull out the dress that my friend suggested but once it’s on I’m not sure.  This man is gorgeous and apparently now famous and I’m just me.   Looking at the time though, I sigh since I don’t have any time to keep trying stuff on to find something better.  I’m not even sure where we’re going or how nice of a place it’s going to be but I figured it’s nice enough of a dress that it should be fine.  Semi happy with my decision, I move back to my bathroom to take a comb to my hair since it was still a damp mess from being twisted in that towel before attacking it with the hair dryer and then warming up my flat iron while I do my makeup.  Once I deem myself as ready as I’ll ever be, I check my phone to see a text from Changmin saying that he’s on his way to come get me.  The nerves set back in, not like they ever went away and just then I get another text from him saying that he’s waiting in my apartment lobby.  I really hope this date goes ok.