Part 1

Coffee Shop Love

It started off a Saturday much like any other at the local coffee shop that I work at.  The rush just left and I was wiping down the counters when I heard the door ding, signaling a customer.  I look up and I completely froze in shock.  He was tall and slim with long curly hair.  He was wearing sunglasses but I could tell that he was looking at me and his lips turned into an amused smile as he walked up to the counter. 

“Um hi, w…what can I get for you?” I ask, surprised I can actually talk.

“Americano please,” he says, voice so smooth that I melt.

After punching in the order, he hands me the money.  As I go about making his coffee, I can feel his eyes on me and it makes me so nervous that I’m surprised that I don’t spill anything. 

“Um, here’s your coffee,” I say, putting the cup in front of him.

“Thanks,” He says taking a sip of the hot beverage. “Delicious. I’ll see ya around,” He says with a smile that makes me blush. 

After he leaves, I sigh. ‘What is wrong with me?’ I think to myself.  It’s not like me to react like that to someone, let alone a guy.  A guy with legs from here to forever and hair that’s just begging to have my fingers running through it.  And that mouth, I don’t even want to think about that mouth, I’m feeling undone just thinking about it.

“Looks like you’re on your way to a boy toy” my friend and co-worker teases, snapping me out of my daze. 

“I doubt it,” I say going back to wiping down the counters since we’ll be closing soon.

“Please, he couldn’t keep those sunglass covered eyes off of you.  And he said he’s going to come back”

“He’s probably like that with everyone,”

“Yeah whatever, just remember that I’ll be here to say ‘I told you so’ when Mr. Hottie snatches you up,”

I scoff “yeah we’ll see”