Chapter 5

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Room service…thank you sir.” Hyemin woke up by the unfamiliar voice she heard in their room.


Truthfully, she doesn’t even want to wake up anymore. Her eyes were swollen and her whole body was sore. She can even remember everything clearly the night before, but her problem was how she would approach Chen after what happened. She finally heard him enter the room and instead of closing her eyes again, she sat up, still covering her body with the blanket.


“Oops, sorry.” Chen quickly turned around after seeing her flash before his eyes. “I ordered…uhh…breakfast f-for us…you can…uhm…”


“Chen.” She called for him as her husband slowly turned again to face her. She has not moved a single bit and invited him to sit down by tapping the space beside her. Chen was hesitating and yet obeyed but still keeping his distance. “I’m sorry.”


She felt really guilty of using Chen to forget Baekhyun but at the same time, she also felt like cheating. It was confusing for her feelings. Chen sighed and picked up all her clothes that were still scattered on the floor, and also gave her the bathrobe.


“I feel like I used you and it was so wrong for me to do that. I’m sorry…” she told him sincerely.


“I should be the one saying sorry. I know what you’ve been going through and I took advantage of your weakness.”


“You didn’t.” Chen sighed and then forced a smile as he wrapped the robe around his wife.


“Take a shower and we’ll have our breakfast.” He lifted her head up and kissed her forehead. “Let’s talk ab0ut this later.”


Hyemin nodded and followed the orders of his husband. They both wanted it to happen anyway so it should not really be a big issue. It wasn’t even like they took each other’s innocence and they were married, nothing wrong at all.


“Would you mind telling me what happened last night? About you and Baekhyun…” Chen spoke up, breaking their silence as they were having breakfast.


“He’s also here in the cruise. I saw him last night. To be honest, I walked out because of the song and I guess he saw me. He said he missed me…” Hyemin softly explained as her appetite was slowly decreasing.


“What did you tell him?”


“I hate him and told him to stay away from me.”


“Shouldn’t you be happy that he still loves you?”


“No…I don’t know. I told you I want to forget but still…” she couldn’t even continue her sentence. Whatever she says will always be contradicting on what she was actually doing.


“I think we should go out and have some fresh air.” Chen told her out of the blue.


“No! Baekhyun is there and I don’t want to see him!”


“Look Hyemin, if you show him that you’re already happy with your life without him, he would stay away from you without telling him to do so. You don’t need to sulk and confine yourself in a room…pre-occupy your mind, we’re here to have fun.” Hyemin listened as he softly held her hands. “Should we go for a swim?”


Hyemin silently agree by nodding and went back to the room to change into her swimming attire.


“Chen’s right. Show Baekhyun that you don’t need him in my life.” She told herself, and prepared well mentally and emotionally just in case that they’d see Baekhyun.


“They said the pool is amazing and all I can hear were all praises like, its heated and huge and very clean then —Wow, this is amazing.” Chen suddenly halted as he glued his eyes at the pool in front of him.


The water was very clear and Hyemin also got excited to see the water. She ran at the gutter and dipped her foot, feeling the warm water relaxing her skin.


“It’s heated Chen, we don’t have to worry about the coldness later.” She giggled but then her smile faded, her yelp echoed at the place as her feet left the ground. Chen carried her and she finally let out a loud and shrill scream when he finally jumped into the pool without notice, splashing water in all directions. “Now, I am so wet!” she playfully exclaimed.


“Oh you are?” Chen wriggled his eyebrows.


“Yah! I meant literally!” she splashed water on her face.


“I was just…trying to state the obvious. Not that as well.” Chen protested while Hyemin kept on splashing water on his face, who was already laughing at his miserable state.


Every time she would spend time with him, she forgets about everything else. She felt so light and as if she has no problem at all. Chen always make the effort to make her smile and she just then realized that if she really wanted to forget, then she should also help herself.


“Let’s have a bet. A swimming race, loser has to buy snacks.”


“That’s unfair!” she whined. “I don’t know how to swim.”


“Seriously?!” Chen laughed and she pouted even more. “Oh, you we’re serious? I’ll just teach you then, but you already have to pay me~ You should cook for me.”


“Okay!” she excitedly said and finally began their lesson.


It was very tiring for the both of them, most especi

Please log in to read the full chapter