Chapter 28

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Baek, come on! We should go like right now. I’m famished…” Taeyeon whined as she nagged her boyfriend to already stop working and have dinner with her. The two of them were the only people left in the school, as well as the guard, and she clearly didn’t want to stay any longer.


“I still have to finish this letter to the school, still have exams to check, and still have to make lesson plans. Can’t you hold your hunger for 30 more minutes?”


“No.” she stubbornly crossed her arms and huffed. “Okay, I got an idea. I check the papers and you make the letter. Those lesson plans can wait until tomorrow. Please?” she batted her eyelashes and clasped her hands together.


“Alright. If you finish first then I will buy you dinner, but if not, you will treat me out.” Taeyeon raised an eyebrow and then suddenly went back to her own cubicle to start checking the papers. It was supposed to be an unfair competition between the two of them but then Taeyeon thought he had to impress the school head so he really had to think about every word he wanted, for her, all she needed to do was check and correct. 15 minutes and Taeyeon was already done with her checking. Smiling, she stood up only to be surprised by Baekhyun peeking down on her.


“You startled me!” Taeyeon clutched the test papers on her chest.


“I am done Kim Taeyeon~ Just 3 minutes ago~” he cooed teasingly and waved his paper in front of her. Taeyeon admit that she just underestimated her boyfriend for she read the letter and anyone can be impressed by the way he write. “You buy me dinner~”


“I don’t mind buying you dinner…I can even add every drink that you like.” She told him smugly and stole a peck on his lips.


“Wait, that’s it?”


“What?” Baekhyun pointed to his lips, asking for another kiss. Taeyeon shrugged and puckered her lips while he closed his eyes as he waited for the soft pair to touch his. “Not now. I’m hungry.” She lightly slapped his lips and laughed at his misfortune.


“You’re unfair!” Baekhyun forced one peck on her lips and pulled away with a satisfied grin.


“Let’s go!” she pushed the papers back on his chest as she started fixing her things. Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head as he re his table, fixing his things as well.


Taeyeon was obviously excited for he was slowly falling into her trap. Baekhyun was still oblivious about her plans yet he let her be happy by herself, swaying her head along the music playing in the car. The two drove into a bar where they usually hang out, aside from Hyemin’s restaurant, and entered the place with glee, and hunger.


“Guys, we’re here!!” Taeyeon screamed excitedly as they entered one VIP room meant for them. Hyemin and Chen, as well as Chanyeol and his wife, his co-teachers, and some of his high school friends were there. Baekhyun stared at them in awe and then to his girlfriend.


“How the hell?” he muttered.


“Well, a small gift for you. You’ve done a good job and you deserve a reward.” Taeyeon told him proudly. “Congratulations Prof. Byun Baekhyun.”


“Congratulations!” everyone else greeted him in unison and they finally started their reunion dinner.


Baekhyun was grateful to see his old friends once again, but more than grateful towards his very special girl, Taeyeon. She had always been making the effort to make him happy like she was the man in the relationship, and it made him more proud. Although he may not make the same amount of surprises for her, every time he works hard, she’s always included in his future plans.


“Thank you so much, not only for this but for everything.” Baekhyun whispered softly to Taeyeon.


“This is nothing compared to what you have achieved. I am so proud of you.” She brushed her nose against his, and everyone else who saw their skinship cheered so hard.


“Oh my god. Are we seriously having dinner or watching a newly married couple?” Hyemin taunted them and Taeyeon’s face turned red.


“No marriage until you’re 50!” Chen butted in, making the crowd laugh. Not that he opposed their relationship but he was simply trying to tease the couple. He saw how happy his sister was and he has no right to take away that happiness from her, especially that he had not seen anything bad from Baekhyun.


“Whatever~” Taeyeon poked her tongue out childishly.


“You’re really never going to get married if you’re that childish!” Chen scolded her and Taeyeon just kept on making funny faces back at him.


The night was filled with stories from their friendship and everyone else was happy to know they have achieved what they all wanted when they were younger. Chen saw why people are so close to each other for they really don’t have to fake just for the sake of having companions. They didn’t need to be so formal and just casually talking to each other which he had rarely experienced for he grew into a business type of family. All the interactions with their friends actually made him love his wife even more.


“You don’t talk so much Mr. Kim.” Chanyeol passed a drink to him and Chen chuckled, accepting the drink.


“No need to be so formal Mr. Park.” Chen greeted him back.


“Hey you two. Drink moderately, you’re driving tonight.” Chanyeol’s wife reminded them and Hyemin nodded in agreement. The two men, instead of stopping, gulped down all of the contents of their glasses and got another one.


“Seems like we’re the ones who will drive.” Hyemin told Chanyeol’s wife and the two rolled their eyes, continuing their motherly conversation. At least, someone was there to talk about their kids and exchanged stories and ideas just so they can keep each other company, while their husbands, they were all about business and cars.


Taeyeon was

Please log in to read the full chapter