chapter 4

For Eternity

Tiffany's POV

 

I felt like I was floating when the darkness consumed me. Drifting through thin air, I felt at peace. There was no worries on my mind.

 

"I'm sorry" The faint whisper echoing in the dark abyss. Why does the voice sound so familiar? Where have I heard it before? Who did it belong too?

 

Questions flood my mind and suddenly I didn’t feel like I was floating. I opened my eyes to see that I am lying on a field. The green grass soft against my skin tickling my senses. Sitting up and looking around.

 

How did I get here?


where am I?

 

Who am I?

 

"Daughter of the late Henry Hwang. Heir to the family business. My dear, you are the definition of envy. Girls want to be you. Boys wish to have you." a lady's voice soft and gentle came from behind me.

 

Turning around, I was amazed by the beauty of her. But looking closely she looked like… me

 

"who am I? who are you?" I ask once I recovered from staring shock.

 

"You my dear are Tiffany Hwang." she answered with grace but I was still confused. Why does this woman look like me?

 

"who are you?"  I blurted out before I had the time to process my thoughts

 

"There is no need for you to know me yet. Now come. Walk with me" The mysterious woman held out her hand. Smiling kindly at me, waiting for me to take it.

 

Hesitantly, I took her hand and stood up. Walking side by side. Silence bestowed around us and I dared now break the comfort of it just yet.

 

"I know you have questions you are dying to know Tiffany Hwang and I will answer them. You are in the fields of peace. No you are not on earth. Tiffany I am sorry to say but your soul is in the midst of leaving the mortal world."

 

I gasped out loud. I'm dying? But how?

 

"How? As we speak, a vampire is draining you of your life. Someone whom you have just met. And someone that is also very dear to me. It may seem absurd but my dear there are things in the mortal world that humans have grown to forget as time passes. Ancient folklore forgotten. But that is not the point on why I am here. Tiffany it is not your time to die yet. You have not served your purpose."

 

Just then everything came back to me. My father's funeral, me crying outside central park, Jessica there talking to me, leading me into the park, the lake and finally… her hugging me and sinking her fangs into me. I panicked. I did not want to die. I had barely started living!

 

"But I'm not ready to die. If I die now, how am I suppose to carry out my purpose? What is my purpose?" I cry out in confusion and anger.

 

"That is where I come in my dear. I will help you get back into your mortal body but if I do that I need you to do something for me." the mystery lady looked at me. Her eyes held hope in them.

 

"what do I have to do" unsure of what she wanted from me. A million things went through my mind. Did she want to be in me as well? Was she going to take a few years off my life?

 

"No none of that my dear. But I need you to save Jessica for me.. I want you to make her stop seeing herself as a monster. I want you to save her from her own destruction. I want you to show Jessica love again" the lady said with much confidence I admire.

 

"But I'm just me. I don’t know how to do any of that… I…"

 

"Tiffany you are her last hope to salvation. Her last hope of life. If you die now, she will only be a monster. Please Tiffany" she looked at me desperate. Her eyes begging me to accept. I had no choice

 

"okay" I said in a whisper
 

"okay I will help. But please guide me along the way. Give me the strength" I said slightly louder and look her in the eyes

 

"Thank you Tiffany. And yes I will always be watching over the both of you. Now time is running out my dear. Are you ready?"

 

"Yes I am" I answered confidently

 

The last I saw was her smiling and mouthing thank you to me as I fall into the darkness again. This time when I woke up I was lying in someone's arms and immediately I knew it was Jessica. She was still drinking from me. With shaky hands I tried to push her away but I was too weak.

 

"Jessica" I whispered

 

"Jessica. Please stop. Look at me" I took her face in my hands and slowly she stopped drinking and stared at me.

 

She had been crying. Her eyes red. From the strain. Her pupils changed from black to hazel brown. She stared at me for a long time before she started to breakdown again. Her elegant demeanor gone as she held onto me.

 

"I'm sorry.. Oh god help me… I'm sorry tiffany I didn't mean to I swear. I'm a monster…. I'm a monster" she sobbed as she held onto my weak frame. And immediately I took her hand in mine

 

"you are no monster Jessica. I can see that you have the good in you"

 

"I… I…" she stuttered

 

"Jessica we all have our moments. Please listen to me as I say you are not a monster" I said with whatever strength I had left. Jessica had taken a lot out of me and now I was struggling to stay awake.

 

"Jessica please… you are not a monster" I breathed out as I fell into the darkness again

 

 

--------------------------------

here you go another chapter! it came to me as i was about to fall asleep and i tough i had to get it out before i forget. an hour and a half later i have a new chapter to present to you. now thank you all for subscribing and commenting. i love you guys a lot please keep it up and show me the love. now i have to say goonight and peace out.

 

XOXO,

kaylac