Chapter 1

For Eternity

Cold sleepless nights are always the best time to hunt. After all, unsuspecting souls usually wander around the streets in search of 'themselves' so to speak. Easy prey I like to call them. And tonight was no different.

 

Walking down the deserted streets of Seoul I spot a girl not much younger than me if I were of human of course. The way her shoulders dropped told me she was in some sort of grieving. Intrigued by her I walked up slowly and silently taking a whiff of her Victoria Secrets perfume. I realized she was crying as I got closer, I noticed that she was crying. Hunching over her phone gripping it tightly as she wept quietly.

 

"whose that man" I asked as o looked over her shoulders. Scaring her a little. She gave out a squeak and quickly hid her phone into her pocket as she turned around.

 

"who are you?" she asked head lowered. Not making any form of eye contact. Her face hidden behind her hair.

 

"I believe I asked you a question first. And it is only polite if you answer my question" I answered back in an uninterested voice.

 

"who are you?" she repeated her question in a firm but still soft voice. Still not making any eye contact with me.

 

Feeling annoyed with the lack of eye contact, I walked closer to her. My eyes still not leaving her.

 

"some call me a monster. Some call me a goddess. I am who you believe I am to be." A playful smirk settled on my lips waiting for her response trying to irk some emotions out of the women in front of me.

 

"Weirdo" she muttered under her breath as she turned away and started to walk away from me.

 

"Than I am that too you. A weirdo who by chance saw you crying over a device. A weirdo who perhaps might want to care for you." I called out to her.

 

"I think it is high time you leave me alone. Some people do not appreciate unwanted company." she tuned around. Looking straight into my eyes.

 

In that instance, I felt my heart beat again. I have never felt my dead heart beat for over a millennium. I could not utter a word and could only stare at her face. She was like an angel and a porcelain doll mixed into one. Such breath taking features and big round eyes. Her eyes are what captivates me the most. It is as if they tell her whole life story. Her eyes were innocent like that of a child. Taking in air for the first time in slightly over a millennium, I steeled myself and brought  my attention back to this women standing an arms length away from me.

 

Walking towards her I closed the distance without saying anything. And all she did was watch me with carefully guarded eyes. 

 

"well I guess you are not one of them then. Your eyes tells me differently. Your mind tells me to go but it seems your eyes are begging me to stay. And they say that a person's eyes are a reflection of their soul. Your eyes is pretty easy to read. It might be a good thing or not. It all depends how you would like to see it." I calmly reached out to her. My finger tips lifting her chin by a bit getting a clearer view of her eyes

 

"You talk like a creep. Why would I want a stranger I met just mere seconds ago to stay? You are nobody too me." she swats my hands away.

 

"You say that yet your eyes again tell me a different thing. I am Jessica. Pleased to meet you" I held out my hand

 

All she did was stare at my outstretched hand contemplating if she wants to take it. Her face scrunched up into a cute little frown. It felt like eternity before she shook my hand and I could not be any happier.

 

"Tiffany. I'm Tiffany"