Again

Lost in a Galaxy

Kris's POV

"Thank you. Thanks for being like... like my family. If you hadn't been there when I fell, I could still be laying there trying to piece together what had just happened. Thanks." She thanked me as she sobbed a small amount, making a tiny knot of pity form in my throat. 

Yeah, I was like her family today... but just a substitute family.

Star's POV

I woke up from the sound of something fall to the ground with a large clatter. "What on earth was that?!" I said as I moved the covers off of me and scooted to the edge of my bed. I stood up and realized what a terrible pain I had in my head. My fall yesterday, which was due to my own stupidity, had completely slipped my mind. "Jeez my head is pounding and my back aches." Uselessly, I complained. "Maybe if I just get some water and take one of the pain killers, that the doctor prescribed to me, I will be relieved of some of my agony." The floorboards creaked as I stiffly walked towards the kitchen, forgetting about the noise I had heard before.

Out of the blue, I stepped on something causing me to slip. In real life, I was moving 80 miles an hour, but in my mind I was moving 1 mile per hour. No... not again. You can't fall again! Just stop falling! Even though I thought this, I knew it wasn't that simple. Right before my body slapped onto the floor, I thought of what my dad told me.

 

~Flashback~

 

"Star, one time I was falling and I hit my head very hard. The doctor told me that I could have seriously injured myself and that I was very lucky to just have some bad bruising. Later, my dad told me that I should have tucked my head forward so that it didn't hit the ground. He said it was the only thing that you can do." My dad said to me as he held my shoulders, with his body crouched down to the floor.

"Appa! How will I ever remember to tuck my head when I am so concerned with falling?" Being the curious kid I was, I asked him for more.

"Believe me, you will remember. And when you do remember, just do it."

 

~End of flashback~

 

 

I don't know why I would think of my father now but, quickly I tucked my head forward. My already sore body wacked down onto the floor with my head tucked and protected. It worked, for my head but my back was already in excruciating pain before I hit the floor and when I hit, I was writhing in agony.

 

Kris' POV

I awoke to a large bang and a gasped screech. My head flew up from the desk. Wiping drool from my chin, it became evident that I had fallen asleep while writing a letter to Star. I looked on the floor to find that my cup of coffee had fallen to the ground and broken. But where did that cry come from? I didn't have to look hard, right next to some of the shards was Star. She was laying there, flailing her arms and legs at the same time as gasping for air. My mind went blank as I saw her in what seemed to be unbearable pain, rolling around on the floor. There was some crackling that I quickly identified as shards of my cup that she had landed on. Pull yourself together! I mentally scolded myself for freaking out a little bit.

I called 119 again, but this time, with my own phone. What am I supposed to do? She is hurting but the dispatcher told me that I should leave her. They said that what most people would do in this situation is lift the victim off of the shards. The only problem with that is the victim will be in more pain once their body rises and pressure is released. The pressure holds the pain to a smaller and achy level, rather than a sharp piercing pain. I know I have to listen to the dispatcher because they know better than I do. But... All that I did was attempt to comfort her. My little Star is hurting! She kept rolling around when she abruptly changed emotions, it was a huge difference from her mood before. Star went from tears streaming, to eyes barely staying open. She is leaving me! "Star!" I called to her, trying to keep her awake.

"Hmm? I am just going to close my eyes for a little bit and take a nap." She said with her eyelids fluttering.

"No! Don't you dare shut those eyes!" I opposed her request.

"Why? I am so tired. What are you this worried about?" She yawned, still attempting to close her eyes.

"If you close those eyes on me, I will never see your gorgeous eyes again." I replied between sobs. No matter how much I internally yelled at myself for not keeping my cool, I couldn't stop the tears.

"What are you so afraid of? So what? I am just taking a break." She told me nonchalantly.

"I am afraid that a galaxy will lose a bright star. Stars can't just take breaks from their role in the galaxy, if they do, they don't come back." I explained trying to hold back most of my tears.

"Are-are you crying?" She asked, looking a bit lost in what was going on around her.

"Yes! Yes, I am crying! Keep looking at my face, okay? And don't close those pretty eyes, okay?" This was my only hope to keep her eyes open, I was desperate. Her eyes kept going open, close, open, close. At least they kept opening. 

 

Star's POV

"Look at me, look at me." Kris kept repeating. He just kept saying the same thing and I didn't mind. Suddenly, he became blurry and his voice began to drown out. What is happening? Where is he going? Or... am I going...

 

______________

Please tell me what you are thinking about my story so far! Feedback always helps ^.^