Chapter 57

Oh My Gary!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And there is Jihyo, laying exhaustedly in bed. She looks really tired and her puffy eyes tells JongKook that she has been crying a lot, he slowly approached to the edge of Jihyo's bed. It has been awhile for him to see her this close, unknowingly, the tears escaped from the corner of his eyes and he is holding it hard, try not to sound too loud to wakes Jihyo up by covering his mouth. JongKook starts to whisper to Jihyo, just loud enough to hears by himself and confessing to Jihyo.

JongKook: Jihyo ah, oppa sorry for hurting you, oppa sorry for the pain you are bearing, oppa sorry for the death of your baby. I didn't meant to hurted you, mianne Jihyo ah. I loved you but I also know you loved Gary whom I could never replaced in your heart, I know you rejected me because of Gary but I didn't blame you, love is not something you can forced to accept. I decided to choose the one sided love, hiden my feelings for you and locked it to my heart. I choose to protect you from far away, as long as you are happy with the man you loved. Comes to the moment when you annouced your marriage with Gary, I know that it is time for me to wake up to face the truth you are going to be someone else's wife. I used alcohol to helped me driven you out of my life, at least I didn't have to think about you when I got drunk. But I didn't expected it would cost the life of your baby and I just couldn't forget and forgive myself for hurting an important person in my life. (sobbing)

At this point, he pressed his eyes closed hard, breaking a little bit louder sound of his crying then he managed to stay calm. He is checking on Jihyo to see if she got wake up by the sound, and fortunately she doesn't seem to hear anything at all. JongKook stopped the crying and sadly continued the talking.

JongKook: Jihyo ah, I resigned my position already because I don't deserved to be a doctor anymore. I'm punishing myself by leaving Korea and won't come back in the near future, I will go straight to the airport after this visit. Gary is a good man and I'm sure Gary will bring you happiness, I have no worry for leaving you to him. Jihyo ah, oppa is leaving, take care of yourself. Remember to wear an extra jacket when you feel cold, don't skip breakfast anymore like you used to. Tell Gary when you feel depress, don't keep everything to yourself like before, I can't always be there to remind you!! (sobbing)

JongKook then slowly turned around and pulled his luggage with him to the door, then he closed the door without turning back. Jihyo opened her eyes few minutes after JongKook left, she was awake this whole time and heard JongKook's confession. She is crying again, she is just not ready to face JongKook so she choose to stay silent while he talked. After that day, no one hear any news from JongKook again, life is still being busy with his absence in Seoul. Jihyo asked Gary to canceled their wedding until she feels like she is ready after such a big fuss, Gary didn't question her because he knows that himself. Let just the time heals their pain.

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time goes by so fast, it's 4 years already, today is a special day for Gary and Jihyo. Gary prepared a very romantic dinner for them both to celebrate their 4th anniversary together and he wants to use this occasion to asked Jihyo of their promised marriage. After a delicious dinner, Gary prepared a strawberry cake with straberries decorated as a heart shape at the top and a candle got lighted up in the midde. Jihyo feels so touched by her most caring fiance, she gives him a big hug as her appreciation until Gary breaks the hug and pull out a small ring box. He opened it in front of Jihyo and there is a pair of wedding rings inside. Jihyo isn't surprised to see the rings because she already knew what exactly Gary wanted to tell her,

Gary: Jihyo ah, I'm not sure if you are ready for this, or the past 4 years would be long enough for you to heal the pain. And I just want to let you know that I will always be here to share your joy and sadness with you, you will not going to bear those hardships alone. The past is already in the past, it is time for us to let it go and look toward the future.....Jihyo ah (open that red ring box)

Jihyo: Oppa...(cutting him off) do you still mad at JongKook oppa? (a question was asked out of the blue)

Gary: (got stunned by the question) Why are you talking about him all of sudden? (uncomfortable)

Jihyo: Because I want to know how you feel about him after these years! You know oppa....I...I....already forgot what JongKook did to me (because she overheard JongKook's confession that night and understood) I know you loved our baby so much and just couldn't stop blaming JongKook oppa but like you just said oppa, the past is already in the past, it is time for us to let it go and look into the future right? (begins to hugged Gary from the sideview) Oppa, you and JongKook oppa are important people in my life, I don't want any conflict in between you two!!

Gary doesn't make any eyes contact with Jihyo but instead looking at the wall in front of him and starts his talking to Jihyo.

Gary: Well,.....honestly, me too. I'm not blaming on JongKook anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter